tuscl

Oscar worthy performance

georgmicrodong
Just a fat, creepy old pervert.
I'm sitting at the bar last night, and around the corner is a dancer and her customer. She's playing him but good, when I see him slip her a $100 bill. The dancer bursts into tears and says "I just *hate* having to take the money you give me! I *hate* it!" He's like "it's ok, really. I don't need it." The bartender and I exchange a look, and she rolls her eyes, just like I feel like doing. A few minutes later, they get up and go out to smoke, and I ask the bartender how many she's hooked that night with that line. After she stops laughing, she tells me he's the first that night, she's done it before.

So, should I have clued him in? I didn't feel like making a scene in a club I've only been in a couple of times, so I refrained in this case. But now I almost feel bad. :)

16 comments

• troop
    14 years ago
    given him a clue?

i wouldn't unless he was a friend or asked me for advice. other than that i say let him learn on his own.
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    The ROB and the PL are sort of meant for each other.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    gm, he's a grwon man and I'm sure he has his reasons, even if they are misguided ;)

I would play it cool - messing with a girl's earning won't make you any friends among the other dancers in the club.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I bite my tongue all of the time. No point in pissing off a customer that thinks that he is doing the right thing.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    That poor schlep will be poorer, but wiser if/when he eventually wises up.
    Many naive customers have to learn the hard way.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    lopaw, I fervently await your decision to teach a "how to monger in the clubs" course. I will be the first in line to sign up :)

I cannot get "for the price of a dinner" out of my head - lol.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    reminds me a tip I gave a stripper after sitting with me for a while. I gave her a $20 and she said "oh did I drop this? thanks" and walked away. I watched her and it looked like she went over to the door guy and gave it to him saying someone dropped it. Not sure who was more of an idiot that night..me for giving her a $20 or her for thinking someone dropped it (don't answer lol). It was a club with very loud music and I was settled in my chair and she was quick with moving so I never did get a chance to tell her it was a tip for her.
  • bigdude012
    14 years ago
    At least the bartender got a laugh out of it. Seriously though I think Rule 1 of the guide should be make friends with the bartender; if only to find out who gives the good dances
  • supertramp79
    14 years ago
    I can picture myself as the guy in this post (or worse - I wish it was just $100). But, I'm not sure how I would have taken someone coming up to me and telling me what a loser I was at the club. I'm glad I'm learning from you guys on-line. I went to the Sundowner last week and had a great time and spent way less than I ever have before. Maybe you guys should charge a royalty to us novices on this site.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    I tried to help out a poor RIL once. Tell him what was really go on. He state there nodding his head agreeing with, was like "wow, you're right that makes alot of sense". Then when his "girl" showed up it was all forgotten as if it never happened. As much an RIL as ever.

It nearly impossible to convince PLs, RILs, and TUSCL members that no the stripper doesn't really like you she just wants your money. If people want/need to believe something badly enough little things logic and reality are surely not going to get in the way.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    When I was a kid, I loved professional wrestling. Yes, I thought it was real, and nobody could tell me different.

These was the old days of regional promotions, and I used to watch the old AWA (Verne Gagne, the Crusher, Nick Bockwinkle, et al) and NWA (Dory Funk Jr., Jack Brisco, Harley Race, etc). By the time Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan brought wrestling mainstream I had discovered, much to my chagrin, that wrestling was indeed fake, or as it came to be known, “sports entertainment.”

But guess what, I still loved it. Now I appreciated the wrestlers as talented performers, and enjoyed the creative storylines. My own kids grew up watching Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock. Seeing the innocent excitement in their eyes made me wish I too could go back to those naïve days when I believed.

Strip clubs have been the same way. I appreciate them now for what they are, “sex entertainment.” So whether she’s a “Face” (ATF) or “Heel” (ROB) as along as she brings the “heat” and can make me “pop,” I enjoy it for what it is.

And yeah, sometimes I wish I could go back to the days when I thought she really liked me.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I would have laughed with the bartender and let him spend his money. I was in one of our clubs here in Detroit last night, I decided to get some dances with one of the babes, and after the first song, I decided we were'nt going anywhere, so I asked her to stop. The ROB starts claiming it was 2 songs, and insisted I talk to the bouncers. Sure, I said, and discussed the ROB's problem with them. I don't mind spending money on a dancer, but it better be for an accurate count of songs. If someone just wants to blow money, that's his deal. I left the club, I'll be back eventually, but I sure won't get a dance from that deluded ROB.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Well damn, here I'm thinking I'm gonna be labeled a douche bag for not helping the guy out, and you guys are at least as cold about it as I was at the time. I feel better about myself now; at least I'm no worse than the rest of you. :->
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    Let him learn on his own. That's how we all learn. I even had one guy before that wanted to impress a dancer that he gave ME money. We were both standing at the bar so we talked a little bit about the talent. A little later he was talking to a dancer and I told him I was leaving the club. He pulled a $20 out his pocket and told me to have a few more drinks before I go, no doubt trying to look good in front of the girl he's working. I'm no dummy, I took the money after doing my Oscar performance of not really wanting it, then got a few more drinks. All the while, I'm sure it actually hurt him because now the dancer knows he has extra money to just dish out.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    VM, some clubs in columbus require payment in advance for lap dances because of so many song counting issues. I am fine with prepaying machines like gas pumps, but prepaying a stripper is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard of.
    Also the Deja Vu and now kahoots has a time punch system so the dancer has the punch in their time card before going back for dances. Songs are clipped at 3 minutes..
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Rick, I suspect that #1 on lopaw's checklist is "be a girl". Around here anyway, girls tend to be stripper magnets when they show up.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion