tuscl

Busted, or Kids are More Perceptive Than You Think

georgmicrodong
Just a fat, creepy old pervert.
My eldest daughter just called. One of her friends is turning 18, and they wanted directions to one of the local juice bar strip clubs. When I asked why she was asking me, there was just a long pause, followed by "Seriously, Dad?"

<sigh>

19 comments

• troop
    14 years ago
    LOL
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    YIKES, george, busted by your own daughter. LOL.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    lol - le jig is up!

btw - nice avatar pic there, gmd!
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    lol funny story,
    I agree with lopaw about the pic. I would love to spread those legs...
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    gmd,

" lopaw and ss1. I LOVE Asian women!
  • CCRiderm
    14 years ago
    Oh man, the dangers of having smart kids.

I would have just looked for a rock to crawl under.

That is just too funny.
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    That's a great post!
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    GMD, you might have been able to work the juice bar angle, being older than 21...
  • bigdude012
    14 years ago
    ouch. I don't have kids but I can imagine.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Reminds me of the movie American Beauty where the father has a crush on his daughter's friend and his daughter has enough hints to know about it.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I got busted too. About 9 years ago when my kids were still living at home. I came home from work one night and my daughter said "FEDEX dropped off a package for you. It's by the stairs". I went and opened it. It was flowers and a thank you note from my ATF. "Oh fuck. How do I explain this?" I lied. Made up a bull shit story about my union sending them to me. I couldn't live with the lie and a few days later, I told my daughter that they were from a lady friend in Columbia. To which she responded "Dad, these are expensive flowers. You must be a really good tipper". It worked out in the end. I don't have to lie anymore about where I am going and what I am going to do when I get there.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Flowers?! SC, you're lucky. Had it been me, I'd re-gift them immediately to a gal and get the brownie points!
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Well, I have to admit that I have been to a club with my wife and children. Of course they were all 25+.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    George-think about the worst of it. Suppose your daughter came out on stage and said "Get over it dad, I'm 18."
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    Can we get a review on the daughter's friends dances??? At least your daughter doesn't seemed upset by the idea that you go to SCs...
  • gk
    14 years ago
    Busted--by my daughter finding my porm movie site. But never about my clubbing habits. Although she does wonder where I go so much of the timne.
  • Dain
    14 years ago
    Great story, George! Once my girlfriend arranged a trip for me to San Francisco so that I could go to the clubs there. When I got back, she got what she was hoping for.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    To be fair, I've never really denied going to clubs, though I never confirmed it either. I *have* made jokes about it on occasion, based Heinlein's theory that one of the best ways to lie is to simply tell the truth in such a way that no one believes it. Apparently, she's too smart for that.

As for going with her, I actually did consider going to a nearby regular bar, just to be near in case she needed something, but she declined my offer. They were with some of their guy friends I believe to be decent, if not saintly, and it appeared to work out.

She say they had a blast, but when I asked if the birthday girl was pulled up on stage and stripped, which is the general practice there, she said yes to the first, but no to the second. That would be surprising, IME there. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on one's viewpoint, my kids got their poker faced decepticon skills from their from their father's side of the family, so I'll have to wait until I talk to the birthday girl herself, one one of the other party members, to see if I can ferret it out of them.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "the best ways to lie is to simply tell the truth in such a way that no one believes it. "

I was on a business trip with two other co-workers. They wanted to go out to eat at a regular bar that evening. I ditched them and went to a strip club instead. The next day they asked what happened to me. With a straight face I told them I went to the strip club. There was a moment of stunned silence, then they looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"Yeah, right, Steve, you at a strip club, that's a good one!" They asked what really happened, so I told them I was watching TV and fell asleep. They said yeah, that sounds more like it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion