tuscl

Man robbed outside Miami Twp. gentleman's club

MIAMI TWP., Montgomery County— Police are looking for at least one suspect involved in a robbery that took place at Pazzazz Show Club, according to Miami Township Police Sgt. Rex Thompson.

Police were dispatched to the gentlemen's club, 8911 Kingsridge Drive, at 12:10 a.m. Friday, July 23, according to the Regional Dispatch Center.

A 26-year-old Dayton man told police that he was outside the club attempting to make a phone call when he was approached and grabbed by a man waving a box cutter, Thompson said. The man with the box cutter demanded cash as he struggled with the victim in the club's parking lot.

The victim, who was a customer of the club, eventually gave the thief some money. The thief then ran and got inside a four-door dark colored vehicle that had been parked in the lot.

Police believe the driver fled west on Kingsridge Drive and was last observed traveling north on Interstate 75 at a high rate of speed, Thompson said. Police did not immediately have a description of the suspect's vehicle.

The victim was not injured.

The suspect is believed to be a male in his late 20s or early 30s.

Police were reviewing surveillance camera footage Friday morning to see if they could identify the suspect.

Anyone with information about the robbery should contact Miami Twp. Police at 434-TIPS. Callers can remain anonymous.
July 23, 2010
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crim…

This club is only two minutes away from Cheeks and Diamonds, both of which I have visited. I hope this crime does not spill over to the surrounding clubs. Remember the movie Pulp Fiction? The robbers claimed they made more money taking customer's wallets inside the liquor store they robbed then they did from the cash registers.
What would you guys do in a situation like this? just give up and give the guy what he wants? This is yet another reason not to bring credit cards into the strip club...at least if you get robbed with only cash in your wallet your loss is limited.

6 comments

• Clubber
    14 years ago
    ss1,

Pazzazz was my favorite club. I liked not having to get on a major road to visit it as I did to get to Cheeks. Also, there were a few dancers there a bit more lenient then those at Cheeks.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    what would i do in that situation?
    i've given it some thought in the past. a guy was robbed in the parking lot of a club i sometimes visit a year or so ago, the robber and his driver were caught within minutes but it was just a case of a deputy being in the right place at the right time.
    anyway i don't carry my wallet, id, credit cards, etc when i go in a club, just some cash only. if i was accosted by a robber i would resist and fight back! i earned my money and will only give it to who i choose, and a robber is not on my chosen list!
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    The reason that talking on the phone, and driving, is banned in a number of places is that people only pay attention to their phone. Being in a strip club parking lot is a time to be in a condition red-eyes wide open, constantly scanning, and moving with a purpose. Standing still in condition green in a SC parking lot is not wise.

Troop is wise, but I feel naked and lost without my wallet. The only SC parking lot that made me feel vulnerable was the Mansion (now closed). That parking lot was literally a walk in the woods.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Clubber, I did come across one of your old Cheeks reviews from 2001.

Review by clubber Date: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 Rating: 5
    Little to no pressure for dances. Layed back club. The private dances are poor compared to S. Florida, but might be normal in Ohio. Women are most all nice. 7-8's in my opinion.

http://web.archive.org/web/2001122607424…
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    ss1,

My last trip up there was September of '01. On 9/11/2001, being so close to Wright Pat, was a bit scary. So many war planes in the air!
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    clubber, I think Cheeks has gone downhill over the past couple months. It is no longer on the top 100 and was previously ranked at #10. The owner got busted for cheating on taxes. Also one of his houses got raided for drugs. He was renting out the house so he probably will not get charged but it is still stressful for him and distracting him from running his strip club.
    The $25 2fer1s are a good price but I think they are worthless in value because of the very limited two way contact.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion