tuscl

Tonight is the night All Stars closes its' doors

Following the bust made by the Detroit Vice Squad of an seriously underage dancer, the local court ordered All Stars to close for a year. I commented to a friend about it who commented to another friend that we'll see if the club truly is closed for a year per the court order. I commented that we'll see if it sticks depending on how much the owner contributes to the campaign of the county prosecutor The friend of a friend said he is a regular at the club and had talked to the owner who feels politics being politics, he'll be open again in a lot less than a year. Sounds like typical political posturing to me.

6 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    I wonder if they're letting the 14-yr old back just for tonight? (Under the surpervision of one of her parents of course!)
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Where will the thugs go now?
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Well, they locked the place while the neighborhood crowd cheered and the police took full credit.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100712/…
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    How has Detroit city been since the new law? Penthouse is still the top rated Michigan club on the tuscl top 100 but it is located in Detroit city.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    samsung1, not much has changed. The new law is tied up in the courts. I am glad to see that business goes on. See my last 2 reviews I posted just the other day. Toy Chest and La Chambre are Detroit clubs. Although I didn't get dances at La Chambre that day, I have no doubt it's good there. Toy Chest has always been good during the day, last week was no exception. When I was in Penthouse at the end of June, it was good as usual. Let me know when you are coming in, I can recommend several good places to stay, and we can hook up and enjoy Penthouse. As I indicated in my message back to you, I know the club, I can save you money, and point out the hot ones that still work there.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    All Stars did themselves in, the neighbors complained to the city loudly and long about the noise, the drunken thugs creating disturbances in their neighborhood. You can't piss off the neighbors too much, this is a strongly religious black city. The churches have political power and put pressure on the city and we see the results when the assholes in management allowed the underage dancer to work there for too long.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion