tuscl

Strip Club Owner Accused Of Sexual Assault

District Attorney Awaits DNA Tests
WEST ALLIS. Wis. --
A West Allis strip club owner is accused of buying drinks for an underage girl and then raping her after hours inside the Crazy Horse Gentlemen's Club.
Its website boasts it's the hottest gentlemen's club in the country, but now its owner is in hot water, as police investigate allegations the club's owner raped a 20-year-old in the club's VIP "champagne room."

Thursday, police executed a warrant for a DNA sample from the club's owner who wasn't there when 12 News reporter Colleen Henry stopped by on Friday.

Police said he, a couple buddies and several young women ended up at the strip club on June 1 and that he took two of them into a champagne room where he tried to get them to perform a sex act.

A search warrant obtained by 12 News said one woman ran for help, and returned to find her friend naked, unconscious and drooling as the owner sexually assaulted her.

When he finished he sent them home in a taxi.

WISN 12 News contacted the owner Friday afternoon. He had no comment.

Police said the group started the evening at another West Allis tavern where the strip club owner bought the women several rounds of shots even though three of them were underage.

"They were there for about an hour, they just came and had a couple of drinks and left," Shepherd's Hideaway tavern owner Randy Fink said.

Fink said police came around asking questions.

"When the cops called me, all they asked me was he in the club, and they said they couldn't tell me nothing about it, so I didn't know nothing about it. I called and asked him about it, and he said he didn't know nothing about it," Fink said.

WISN 12 News isn't naming the club's owner because he hasn't been charged with a crime.

Late Friday afte

8 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    (second part because tuscl froze up on me while posting this)

Late Friday afternoon, his attorney issued a statement saying," This is some sort of attempt to extort money from (the owner), who is a legitimate and successful owner of multiple businesses in the Milwaukee area."
    The lawyer said his client will fight "these meritless allegations."
    The district attorney's office told 12 News it will make a decision on charges once DNA test results are in.

http://www.wisn.com/news/24128743/detail…

July 2, 2010
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "he took two of them into a champagne room where he tried to get them to perform a sex act"

Isn't that just your typical stripper job interview?
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    oddly enough, if the charges are baseless as claimed, it seems to me that the quickest way for him to clear this up is to walk into the police station and have his lawyer watching while the cops take the DNA sample. no assault, no evidence, no charges to file, no?
  • bigdude012
    14 years ago
    makes sense to me
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    sanitago: "quickest way for him to clear this up is to walk into the police station and have his lawyer watching while the cops take the DNA sample"

Thus perpetuating the belief that all law enforcement would like us to have, i.e. that we should prove ourselves innocent instead of making them do the work to prove us guilty.

Even in this day and age, when DNA testing itself has gotten to the point where it's almost definitive (though not 100%), the *process* by which DNA testing is done is far from perfect, trusting not only in the competence, but also trustworthiness, of the people who are doing the testing to work properly.

Google "DNA testing failure Houston crime lab" for examples of why blind trust in this process is a bad idea.

The police were required to get a search warrant, which is as it should be, and did, and got their sample, so there was no need for him to go out of his way to unnecessarily prove his innocence.
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    georgmicrodong,
    no, I don't really think that you can trust anyone, but the alternative is he has this hanging fire for god-knows-how-long. how will that help his relations with his the women who work for him or might be considering it? not a lot, I'd guess, so why not see if he can just get it out of the way if he really is innocent?
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    As a tactic, and for the reason you subsequently mention, such an action has merit. But, for me at least, just to "clear this up" isn't a sufficient reason to waive one's rights. YMMV.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Isn't that just your typical stripper job interview?"

While they are drunk & underage? I don't think so. This kind of thing happens a lot more often than we here about it I bet.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion