tuscl

question for everyone about dance ratings in a club?

Friday, June 18, 2010 3:04 AM
I had this idea about adding two additional ratings for a club. A 1 to 10 rating for table dances and another for lap dances. I don't know if this is possible for Founder to add but what is everyone's opinion on it? A NA or NW for not applicable/didn't get any and the NW rating for didn't get any because it's not worth it was my other idea. Again I don't know if this is feasible or not but thought I would post a new topic about it rather than let the idea get buried at the bottom of another thread.

19 comments

• sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    Another idea I had which I also don't know if it's even feasible or practicle is to have the lap dance rating be searchable so that the top clubs in an area in a state or the nation could be listed. I'm just throwing ideas out there.
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    The thing about any of the ratings is that it's subjective. Just like the text. There are a lot of places in the country that are overrated because of shills and homers that don't really understand what goes on in other regions. Then you get some popular, top flight clubs which are lowballed because people don't get their expectations met through no fault of the club. I think the rating system works as-is, but why not talk it through again. One issue with searching/sorting just on a lap dance rating is that the top clubs would get lumped together. It would look a lot like the old club rating system with just one value.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    There are already too many numerical ratings in the reviews right now IMHO. Besides, not every strip club has table dances.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Tuscl keeps it simple with the ratings. Much easier to read especially when you are on the go. If you want to see what complex ratings look like check out [view link] they even have categories that dancers can rank that apply to them.
  • brewerfan
    14 years ago
    I'll be honest, I get suprised overall by the descriptions of the lap dances. Some states in the US vary big time. I read about guys getting full service, BJs,two way touching, etc. So the ratings depend on where you live and its limitations.
  • Otto22
    14 years ago
    I would recommend that ratings by PLs that admit they did not get any LDs be disregarded. With rare exceptions, these do not offer any useful information for those of us who go to clubs for the LD.
  • mjx01
    14 years ago
    I would like to see a LD quality / milage rating... but it would only work if everyone used the same scale. 0 = air 5 = average / decent one way grind 7-8 = reliable, limited two way contact 10 = sure thing two way contact, hands go anywhere anything 'extra' could be in the comments
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    let's keep it simple, simple is better, IMO
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    What's the need for a rating? Like in mjx01's post, if those are the four considered options, just have a spot where you click one of the three possible options -- don't need a number for that. The club either only offers air dances, one way contact, two way contact. Mileage all depends on the particular dancer you had and possibly how well she knows you, so making a rating for that doesn't describe the club, just the dancer you had that trip.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I also wonder if "day of visit" has anything to do with the overall ratings. If a club gets a bad review on a Tuesday night vs. a Saturday night for example.
  • skeets35
    14 years ago
    I'm not sure that the ratings mean as much to me as what people say. I also pay attention to who the person is doing the rating, how long have they been a member? How many different clubs have they been to around the country (or at least locally). Too many of the new or younger members have nothing to compare a club to, so any naked women giving them attention is a 10! I like reviews that provide a physical description of a club(if one has not been given lately), cost of entry and dances, and what am I going to get for my money? one way contact, two way, air, difference between VIP and floor dances. Maybe we need a review template?
  • mjx01
    14 years ago
    uscue13's check list idea sounds good to me. I also like skeets35 template idea. Those details make for more useful review.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Maybe we need a review template?" There already is one: [view link] I use it all the time.
  • minnow
    14 years ago
    Present system is at least a fair, if imperfect one. Although I like the "kiss" principle, one thing I'd like to see is the ability to input your overall grade- one that answers the bottom line question of if one had a good time there, and how enthusiastic they'd be about returning. A club can have very attractive dancers and spiffy facilities, but if you didn't enjoy yourself for whatever reason ( low mileage, snooty staff, etc), rating should show high grades for dancers and club, but so so overall grade. Likewise, a dumpy looking club can have a low grade for club factor, and maybe a 7ish grade for dancers, but if one consisitently has a fantastic time, should be an option to check off high overall grade. As it is, I personally "tweak" the factor grades to get the overall desired grade on my reviews.
  • arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    I agree with VinceMichaels, MisterGuy, and others who do NOT want more complexity in the rating system. I have studied rating systems and been subjected to rating systems all my life. I think it began with Consumers Reports rating systems. In my Corporate life we had seminars, workshops, and journal articles on rating systems. BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THIS: The only way a MORE complex rating system would help TUSCL is if the raters themselves were trained, certified, and monitored. EVERYBODY WOULD HAVE TO HAVE THE SAME RATING MODEL AND PROCEDURES INSIDE THEIR HEADS. Guys, that simply ain't gonna happen. I am one who believes the rating system we have now is more complex than necessary. In my opinion, the board would be strengthened if one of us took the time to write an ARTICLE and posted it (for one month free membership) which described the way the EXISTING rating system is actually supposed to work, and provided several examples. That article could derive from a discussion topic similar to the one we are having right now, but devoted to improving/standardizing what we already have instead of suggesting new bells and whistles. I can think of several ways the EXISTING system could be improved by better explanation and demonstration. But I don't really care enough to start the thread. If somebody else cares enough, and the discussion starts to show promise, I will jump in with my two cents worth. Assuming I still have access to my favorite web site at that time.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    Personally, I prefer reviews that focus on factual stats (parking, dance prices, neighborhood, etc.)than mileage claims or lap dance quality. Like others have noted, those activities are very subjective and can vary wildly.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Agree that the numeric ratings, "averaging" of these, and "trending" of them are all next to useless and there is no point in adding more noise to this non-sense.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I'm going to chime in with the "more numbers = more noise" crowd here. Given the highly subjective nature of even the ones that are now present, adding more subjective ratings won't help any. And, as I've posited before, getting more specific opens TUSCL up to criticism, or worse, and just serves to escalate already asinine invasions of private lives on the part of our loving government.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    I don't "tweak" the individual ratings that we are supposed to give for each review. Even though I think that there are too many, subjective numerical ratings, I don't believe in gaming the system to get a desired overall result. The overall rating should just be a combination of the three, user-inputted ratings IMO. "the board would be strengthened if one of us took the time to write an ARTICLE and posted it (for one month free membership) which described the way the EXISTING rating system is actually supposed to work" The thing is, this isn't our site...it's founder's site, and he is the only one that truly knows how the rating system really works. I could post something based on what I know about the subject, but no one knows the full story.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion