tuscl

No shorts policy?

Friday, June 4, 2010 11:46 PM
From a recent review: "I tried to get in at 1:30am and was turned away due to a "strict no shorts" policy. I was dressed clean and neat (long sleeve button down and dressier shorts), but no shorts apparently. Maybe they just didn't like me." An outrage, right?

15 comments

• toddq
    14 years ago
    What a bunch of bullshit but it does not surprise me coming from a DC club.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    hmmmm, perhaps they don't want to allow the dancer's easy access to making Mr Happy, happy
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    speaking of DC, I recently read in Kiplinger magazine that DC is ranked number 3 on the list of "Best cities for the next decade" They're prosperous, innovative, and they'll generate plenty of jobs, too.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    Bull shit is right. I wear shorts on all of my visits to my favorite club. Even with temps below freezing. Yeah I do freeze my ass off but it is only a short distance from the door to my vehicle. I do not want to deny access to Mr. Happy!
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Hmmm.... perhaps the afflicted party should dress "Middle Eastern" for his next visit. I bet there's no dress code at the club for that, and he can probably just wear boxers underneath. If they refuse him entry, scream bloody murder about suing!
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    sumsung1: Of course DC is prosperous - it is filled with money taken from people from every corner in this country - probably towns in places we didn't even know of! And when that is done, China sends some over the wire! Ctqwerty: Middle easterns don't sue. They are more "proactive" than that LOL!
  • gk
    14 years ago
    Re DC: "they'll create plenty of jobs, too" Of the 500,000 some "new" jobs that the federal government bragged the economy created last quarter in it's report released today, only 46,000 jobs were in the private sector. Hmmm, sounds like they're running a scam. Now, back to strip clubs.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    No shorts! What an outrage. This is America, or at least it used to be. However, I draw the line at shorts in the winter. I don't like frost forming on my balls during the walk into the club.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Speaking of shorts, I wonder how those short US dollars are working out for tittyfan these days.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    There is probably a "no shorts" rule to keep the guys in gym shorts out. I think dressy shorts(Bermuda, cargo, etc) should be allowed. How about a "no gym shorts" rule instead? I live in Florida, and I've worn shorts to the club before. My favorite club's dress code only excludes cutoff shorts, tank tops, and bare midriffs on guys. Pretty lenient.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    This strikes me as one of those knee jerk reaction things. Somebody came in in gym or basketball shorts, got a HJ or something and got caught, so all shorts are banned.
  • bhunter5252
    14 years ago
    Washington DC, a work free drug environment
  • Slothrop
    14 years ago
    Shotgun Willie's wouldn't let me at 12 noon on a 95-degree day because I was wearing a tank top. I talked the door man into lending me a club jacket so I could get in anyway. Odd combination: tank top and sport jacket in a strip club.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    If strip clubs ever started drug testing their dancers, I would guess DC would be the first city to support this. I remember I was at Club X one night and the line was out the door waiting to get inside. Turns out the hold up was because a guy wearing a plain white t-shirt wanted to enter and the door girl had to page the floor manager to get his approval. He approved that it was OK to let it slide this one time.
  • how
    14 years ago
    I was turned away from Baby Dolls in Dallas, TX for wearing athletic shorts. Surprised me; went to another club there and got full service, so not a total waste of a day...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion