tuscl

Dancer at suburban West Palm Beach strip club charged with robbing customer

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:22 PM
A dancer at a suburban West Palm Beach strip club wrangled a ride home from a customer but instead led him to an alley where her fiance was waiting to rob him at gunpoint, authorities said. Bridget McAllister, 25, of Boca Raton, was arrested Saturday evening at Flashdance and remains in the Palm Beach County Jail, held in lieu of $10,000 bail. She's charged with robbery without a firearm. Juan Jesse Rojas, 28, of suburban Palm Beach Gardens and southern Miami-Dade County, was arrested just after midnight today and charged with robbery with a firearm. This morning, Palm Beach County Circuit Judge Krista Marx ordered Rojas held in lieu of $25,000 bail. According to a Palm Beach County Sheriff's report, on Thursday, a 44-year-old Palm Springs man went to the Flashdance club at Purdy Lane and Military Trail. He said he met one of the dancers, who said aid she had no money and was about to be booted from a motel. The man said he couldn't give her money but offered her a ride. Just before leaving, the report says, the woman used the man's cellphone to make a call. The woman gave the victim the name of a Motel 6 at Lantana Road and Interstate 95, but instead directed him to an alleyway behind 721 N. F Street in downtown Lake Worth, about 4 miles from the motel. At that point, the victim said, a black Ford Ranger TK pulled in behind and a man stepped out and pointed a black handgun at his head, then relieved him of $250, his cellphone and his keys. He said the gunman and the dancer got into the pickup and left. An agent of the sheriff's tactical unit then came up with McAllister's name -- the report doesn't say how -- and told deputies Flashdance workers had seen her with a man who drove a dark Ford pickup. On Friday, a detective met with McAllister at Flashdance. She said she and the man left the club "to hang out" and that when he told her he wanted to buy cocaine, she jumped out of the truck. She denied any involvement in the robbery. After being told the victim had picked Rojas out of a photo lineup, McCallister still denied involvement. She later said she'd called Rojas from the club to say she had a ride and had jumped out of his car when she saw Rojas pull up. Rojas, she said, then ordered her into the truck. As she and Rojas drove back to the Motel 6, she said she asked him, "What did you do? Did you kill him?" She said Rojas told her, "don't worry about it." A manager at Flashdance couldn't immediately be reached today. The report doesn't say if detectives suspect the couple in other such robberies. [view link]

8 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Only 4 miles from the original destination?! This may be an early nominee for PL of the Year (a verrrry fortunate one.)
  • gatorjoe2
    14 years ago
    First Mistake: He went to flashdancer. Second Mistake: He thought he was going to get an in car bj (thus the alley). Always know where you are going!! Third mistake: Still had $250 on him? For a mugshot, she doesn't look that bad.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    It's too bad that the 8th Amendment forbids public floggings. She would be quite worthy of it.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    thanks for sharing that, samsung1, I'll second that nomination, CT. This is a good thing to think about if you are going to drive any stripper somewhere.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    I had an ATF who always wanted dinner and a ride home after work. She always had to make a phone call before we left to cancel her other ride. Now, I wonder what I may have potentially exposed myself to. May have been a close call.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I've given girls rides home before. I make it a practice to ask them where they want to be dropped off, for the GPS, before I ever start the car. None of this giving me directions to their ambush on the way. :) Even then, I don't pull into alleys or driveways or one way streets or anything, but will only stop on the street, in the open, to let them get out, even if the weather sucks. I did give a girl an umbrella once, when it was really raining hard, but there's no way I'm getting trapped.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    That guy let his dick overrule his brain. I've given girls rides home before, but only after I've known them for months.
  • Skyrbuoy
    14 years ago
    She must be a nightshifter at Flashdance. Nights are always a bit sketchy. Haven't seen her in there on the last 3 trips. It is a different place during the day, 4 shure
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion