tuscl

Columbia Police Raid, Shutdown Platinum Plus Strip Club

Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:48 PM
Columbia, SC. April 1, 2010. Columbia police raided and shut down the Platinum Plus Gentlemen's Club shortly after midnight today. Police made numerous prostitution related arrests. Police Chief Tandy Carter said the raid was the culmination of a 2 year undercover investigation. “Our dedicated undercover officers spent literally hundreds of hours in the club. Some of the boys even got the girls down to $25 for 2 dances.” “I preferred the day girls,” said one undercover officer, “the night girls could be kinda bitchy.” Police sources said they were first tipped to the illicit activity at the club by “reading between the lines” of club reviews on a popular online strip club review site. “Once we figured out what HJ, BBBJ, FS and ITC meant, we knew something was going on there.” Police reported that in addition to the dancers, a number of customers were also taken into custody and charged. However, one particularly notorious customer, known only as “The Candy Man,” reportedly remains at large. Mug shots were not available at press time. [view link]

15 comments

• Drippy
    14 years ago
    A terrible thing to happen on this 1st day of April :) Well done.
  • Mr.White
    14 years ago
    is this an april fools joke??
  • gk
    14 years ago
    Kudos. Naughtiness, mystery and an escaped perp. Watch for updates on America's Most Wanted ....stripclubber.
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    Mr. White, look at the link and that gives you your answer
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    The "candy man" is going into hiding.
  • CCRiderm
    14 years ago
    Holy crap, I thought you were going to give SC a heart attack!
  • dudeanonymous
    14 years ago
    LOL. Although my heart skipped a few beats when I first read the title.
  • elemental23
    14 years ago
    Nice. I am planning a visit tomorrow, thought for a second I had a change in plans. LOL
  • snowtime
    14 years ago
    Good one, Steve. Had some of us PP regulars anxious for a few seconds.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Hilarious!
  • Ironcat
    14 years ago
    Good one...had me going until I saw the link.
  • thedirk444
    14 years ago
    Awesome April Fools joke--best I've seen in a while. I almost started crying halfway through the article, lol.
  • casualguy
    14 years ago
    I can honestly say I have not seen any of that in my last few visits and my last few visits go back at least a couple of years. Now I can say I have gotten two for $25 lap dances. That's certainly no crime. ITC? What in the world is that? My definition of OTC or outside the club is simply anything that you do with a dancer away from the club. In my definition it does not mean you had sex with her. It's more like one of your friends and whatever happens with your friends is up to you and your friends. Unless some guys are treating encounters with dancers away from clubs as a pay for play experience. That is not treating people like friends in my definition. A friend can be just a friend or more like a girlfriend. I once used to hang out with one dancer after she got off from work and I don't believe I ever had sex with her. I didn't pay her any money either. We did at one time or another get into some sexual situations. She even quit stripping for a while. Good joke! I was wondering if this was the second raid in a few days since the club didn't seem too active when I visited recently. I encountered a very hands off no touch at all dancer too. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than one but I asked more questions to one dancer since she was persistent with me.
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    The bit about the cops negotiating the prices was the giveaway, but well done!
  • how
    14 years ago
    Just got around to this post... nicely done, Steve!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion