tuscl

Strip Club Bartender Fired for Being Pregnant

A pregnant woman says she's still in shock over what her boss said about her, and she got it all on tape.

Boss: "Each week you are getting bigger and bigger and bigger and more unsexy, unsexy, unsexy, okay? It's more obvious, obvious, obvious that you are pregnant, pregnant, pregnant."

29-year-old Jennifer Paviglianiti worked as a bartender at a gentleman's club Café Royale on Long Island, New York, for two years.

"I was a great employee...I never called in sick I rarely took time off," she says.

But last June, she got pregnant. Jennifer says she had wanted to wait three months to tell her boss, but word got out.

"Everything was fine until I started showing," Paviglianiti says.

That's when she says her boss called her in for a meeting and told her that her job was in jeopardy. "He told me I only had probably a few weeks left."

So Paviglianiti decided to take action and secretly record her conversations with her boss.

Boss: "Customers don't want to come in and see a pregnant woman behind the bar. Why can't you get that through your head? You're not getting it."

"What made you decide to record your conversation?" asks INSIDE EDITION's Megan Alexander.

"I just knew if I didn't have proof I had no leg to stand on," she says.

Her boyfriend lent her his digital voice recorder and Paviglianiti hid it in her jacket pocket; she couldn't believe what she caught on tape.

Video here: http://www.insideedition.com/news/4093/w…

8 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    sad story but I am sure it happens all the time. I remember a lawsuit against hooter's over their hiring practices. I wonder how that went.
  • sinclair
    15 years ago
    That bitch looks like she is about to explode in the pics.

Hot bartenders are a nice bonus, but not a requirement. But I sure as hell do not want to see a pregnant dancer on stage.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    There is more than looks at issue here. There is a libility issue to the club. If a pregnant dancer or other employee falls and injures the baby the club may get sued. They usually make them take a maturnity leave around 7 months. Some go earlier. WTF they are not making any money anyway.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Club X is the highest ranked club in Columbus on tuscl and the only one right now ranked in the top 100. Their main bartender is a male. He is a pretty cool guy and will comp a few drinks here and there. He also does rounding down on drink prices, so instead of saying "$3.25 for a diet coke like some of the other bartenders, he'll just make it $3 instead to avoid giving you quarters"
    I also once called up and asked if they had a lot of girls working (it was a snow storm on saturday) and he was honest and told the truth that they only had 3 girls. I still showed up anyways and had a good time because other dancers ended up showing up. I respect that kind of honesty in a strip club.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Firing her was probably a little harsh. As long as she can do her job bartending up to par, they should have been more considerate.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    Most SCs allow smoking and are poorly ventilated. Can't be a good idea for a pregnant woman to spend an 8 hour shift inhaling second hand smoke.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    This story is sad and pathetic. But it doesn't really surprise me. Every strip club that I've been to which had female bartenders always has the flirty kind, even if they are old enough to be your mother (or your wife for you older folks here), and who wants to flirt with a pregnant chick? That said, it was inconsiderate of the club to fire her. It's not like she was doing her job wrong.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "He also does rounding down on drink prices, so instead of saying '$3.25 for a diet coke like some of the other bartenders, he'll just make it $3 instead to avoid giving you quarters'"

How does he account for the difference in how much money he should have taken in at the end of the night?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion