tuscl

Why do some dancers like tattoos so much?

Saturday, February 6, 2010 12:51 PM
I see so many tattoos. I believe many dancers must love getting their bodies permanently marked up with a lot of junk in my opinion. There are some tattoos that look like a work of art but most seem to look like some junky symbols spray painted on a wall and don't look very good in my opinion. Anyone have a reason why so many dancers seem to like them? Is it a sign of poor self esteem? Of course I never mention to the dancers how trashy the tattoos look in my opinion. No reason to upset someone over something they did in the past.

23 comments

• mitciv
    14 years ago
    Tattoos and nose piercings...is it childish rebellion?
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    Graffiti
  • Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    It is a sign, a sign of the times. Tats and piercing are going mainstream.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    As PAS says, there used to be some social stigma to tats on young women, but with celebs like Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox leading the way, it's become mainstream. Even stars with more of a girl next door image like Scarlett Johansson and Hayden Panettiere are tatting up. It's pretty rare for me to see a dancer without any tats. After checking out a dancer pretty thoroughly I complimented her on being one of the few girls in the club without a tattoo. She smiled, pulled her hair back and showed me the tiny red heart behind her ear.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Ran into one gal in Motown who had her ex-boyfriend's name tatooed in large letters on her back. She said she thought "he was the one for me." Then he hit her and she left him.
  • Jmoney007
    14 years ago
    it may just be me but i like the dancers with at least one tattoo, and i like the tattoos that are across the lower back, but if they have soo many tattoos that they really don't have to wear clothes then that's when it gets disturbing.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    It's to the point now that the truly rebellious are the ones with no ink and piercings. My ATF has no ink, and only the typical girly piercings(navel, hood, ears). It's very nice. I don't mind a small amount of ink, but too many girls take it way too far.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    I don't even think about it anymore. All young people nowadays have them. Stupid...waste of money...look bad...yes, yes, yes. Young people just want to live it up in the here and now. Do you think these strippers are thinking about how bad those tattoos will look once they are 40 or 50 years old? Kids nowadays are all about fitting in and automatic satisfactions.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    My ATF has 1 little tiny one. I asked her why she did it. "because everyone else was doing it". I have another favorite that has a large one on her left tit. She spends a lot of time in the dressing room applying make up to cover it up. It tastes like shit.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Am I in the minority in my appreciation for tats and piercings?
  • Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    Like Jmoney, I like my tramps stamped. A few is ok, too many is, well, too many. I know a stripper with a tat of a bridge. Her husband built bridges. They're divorced and the only thing she is happy about is that it isn't his name.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    George, I think so. I have been posting on here for about 10 years. The worst is clit piercings. You could chip a tooth. lol...
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    It's the cool thing with the kids these days. On the other hand, one of the most tattooed dancers I've met was a late 30-something. But she was probably a biker chick. All the basketball players have them, too.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Attention getting decorations, with no thought to permanent nature or difficulty of removal. Notice me! Tattos used to be the mark of ex-cons or really tough military servicemen. I guess some dancers want to be regarded as unique or tough. Doesn't work for me.
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    Is it just dancers over there or other girls as well?
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    "Why do some dancers like tattoos so much?" Because they are white trash.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    londonguy, just about all the young women here in the USA have them these days. My feelings are ditto with what SteveOR13 said a few posts up. It's a generational thing, I wouldn't disfigure my body like that.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    some have them, some don't. I think it works like smoking, if you're around people who smoke you are more likely to smoke.
  • snowtime
    14 years ago
    I don't care for it but like others have stated it is probably due to my age (59). I think strippers definately have a lot more tats than the general female population of the same age. I think most non stripper girls realize that most mainstream jobs will be easier to land and keep if they do not have any noticable body art.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    It's rare nowadays to see a dancer without a tat or a piercing of some kind. I like ink on women for the most part, as long as it is well done and tasteful. I have 2 tats myself (only 1 is partially visible), so sometimes it's fun to sit & compare artwork with the dancers.
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    Vince, they are common over here too. Favorite lace seems to be the small of the back over here. I hate them on women, especially more mature women that should know beter. When I was in the military all my buddies had them done, every one of them tells me they now regret it.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    A waste of woman flesh to me.
  • yndy
    14 years ago
    I'm not fond of tattoos. IMHO, she'd look so much better w/o them: [view link] Way too many tattoos ruined the overall look of one of my favs (beautiful face & body)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion