tuscl

"Do you want to tip me a $1?"

Friday, February 5, 2010 5:41 PM
I sat at the bar and I noticed after each dancer got done on stage they would come and ask every single customer for a $1 tip. "do you want to tip me a $1" I was polite to each one and tipped a $1. It was getting really annoying and the $1 tips ended up amounting to $30 that night. The lap dance I bought was $20. First time I ever spent more money on stage tips than on lap dances. Even when I was sitting at the stage and tipped them during their dancing, they still came by afterwards to ask for their extra $1 tip. Have you guys ever been in a similar situation? What were some of your tactful ways of declining? I was caught off guard here and just went ahead as a PL tipping every single dancer over and over again since there were only 4 strippers that night. I was a human ATM that night. I just kept handing over the $1 tips to avoid any confrontation. The club I am talking about is Private Dancer in Columbus, OH. Fully nude and the stage show is just having the girl show you her kitty up close. No tits in face or any one way contact. Even the private dance was nothing but air, no tits in face. I know maybe the lap dance is a YMMV but all the stage tipping was just flashing the kitty. I still want to visit this club as it is one of the few fully nude clubs left in Columbus, but I want some better ways to handle tipping a $1 after each 2 minute song. Not to mention it is a mood killer making me feel like a human ATM.

27 comments

• jabthehut
    14 years ago
    If you look at them on the stage you should feel obliged to tip a dollar. That is how they make their money. Do you think the club pays them? I always tip them a dollar if I'm not at the stage, even if they don't solicit it. As to the solicitation when you already tipped her, that is BS. I wouldn't give her that extra buck.
  • kansasgent
    14 years ago
    I'm always annoyed by clubs like this. If I want to tip for the stage dance, I approach the girl while she is on stage. Sometimes it is more than a dollar. Some girls should be discouraged from entering this line of work due to their bodies not being in the best of shape. The dollar for all policy doesn't let me do the discouraging by witholding a tip without be awkward about it.
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    No different from the band passing a tip bucket around in a regular bar. Only you get to see boobies. Ain't nothing free.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    I made an early evening stop at Solid Gold in Milwaukee once and experienced something similar. The dancers were collected in the captain's chairs about the stage and talked while each gal got up to do her two songs. I ordered a beer and sat at the bar, opposite a plasma showing the latest sports highlights, so I watched to catch up. The stage was over 40 feet (and a 90 degree turn of the head) away and I think it was obvious I wasn't even looking. Would you believe EVERY gal managed to walk over after her set to collect a tip? To be fair they did smile and introduce themselves, and I was basically the only customer. I finished the beer and left.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    Common practice in Washington DC.
  • Vegeta1on1
    14 years ago
    I have not been any where, where this had happened in a while. When I was at a place where the girls come around and ask, the first time, even if I didn't care for their dance or was interested, I'd tip. A friendly gester. The next time they come around, and if I didn't want to, I decline, and usually don't have any proplems with them.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Ran into that in nawlins once. Nearly got into a fight with a bouncer because I wouldn't tip a way over the hill forty something dancer with a bad attitude. The bouncer was going to try that "you should be frightened of me because I'm large" technique, but I made him back off with a Clint Eastwood "don't fuck with me" death stare. I left without tipping the cow.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Interesting story dudester, here at this club all the dancers looked in their 30s or 40s. I will be fair and say it was a monday night for them though. I had already paid a $10 cover charge so I did not want to get up and leave over an extra $1 tip.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Common practice in South Florida.
  • houndguy2
    14 years ago
    Been in clubs like that. I voted with my feet and left, never to return.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    I've run into this at a few places, but they tend to be more of the bar-club places where there is little "value" delivered or maybe a novelty place like the Private Dancer mentioned above. It always strikes me as a sign of desperation. If it's a small place and uncrowded, I'll usually go along with it. But if it's a bigger place with lots of customers, it's annoying. It does seem to be the cultural norm is some places. Go along, get along, or get out I guess. "Get out" has a lot going for it sometimes!
  • casualguy
    14 years ago
    Fortunately, I don't usually encounter girls doing that. Most dancers in my area make money from doing lap dances or table dances or from stage tips. Going around asking for one dollar tips far away from the stage looks like begging in my opinion. I have told some girls no thanks. It's not that common where I live even though a few dancers have resorted to begging on occasion. A number of times, I think they must be from somewhere else. I think it's a very low class act. One club does have one dollar dances where you can hold up a dollar and the dancer can dance for you for about 30 seconds or so. That is different in my opinion.
  • casualguy
    14 years ago
    One dancer in one club sits on my lap, asks for a dance, and if I say no, she asks if she can have a dollar tip. Then she shows me her boobs. I think that is worth a dollar tip.
  • CCRiderm
    14 years ago
    Gentlemen, The ladies are there to make a living. You are there because you want to see tits. If you don't want to tip for that privilege, go to a local bar. If you think these girls dance because they like to shake it for your entertainment, think again. They are dancing because it is their job. If it's not worth a dollar of your hard earned money to watch her writhe for you for three to six minutes then once again, go to your corner bar and have a beer. My two cents. Let the flaming begin.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    Nope. I've paid to see boobies by paying cover. Tipping is optional. I tip the dancers on my terms. It may be because I find them attractive. It may be because they are really good dancers. But it's not automatic. I don't customarily tip in excess of the lap dance price, either. I've had dancers ask me for one AFTER I've already bought drinks and paid for a dance. There is a limit.
  • Jmoney007
    14 years ago
    i agree with pothead but i tip on how aroused i get for a dancer if i don't get aroused then i will save my tip for another dancer that can arouse me. i had that tip thing happen to me once i guess the girl though i was gonna tip her so she came to me, her:"so do i get a tip for being sexy" me:"how about this, i will tip you if you dance on my lap like you did on stage". lets just say she got a big tip and i had to leave before the stains soaked through :D
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    The Crazy Horse Saloon in ATL has a circular bar. All night long there is a dancer moving from one customer to the next. Each expecting a $1.00 tip. This was fun at first. Great pussy shots. But it got old when the quality of dancers went down the [view link] avoid this I moved from sitting at the bar to a table. This might work for you at some places.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Up here in Detroit, I can't recall many places, if any where the dancers walk around soliciting the tips, but when I've been in South Florida, just about any club I have ever been to, the dancers do go around and some of them get pissed that I won't tip them. I'd rather decide who I am going to spend money on, and we both do well.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I actually find dancers who are focused on lap dances and not $1 tips more interesting. I sometimes think dancers who come around bugging for singles are pan handling at times.
  • neoguy
    14 years ago
    I have never seen this before. My response would be, no thanks and look away. I tend to not watch the stage unless I want to tip the dancer up there. I do not watch LD's happening around me. I feel like I didn't pay for it, so don't watch it. Besides, when I am getting my dance I don't want anyone staring at us either. That being said, the other day I was sitting with my ATF and she caught me staring at a dancer getting dressed after a nude LD. I never seen this one naked before and was curious. My ATF told me I better not stare at that one...if she seen me staring she would come over and bitch at me about it.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I'm not a fan of that process, but I usually tip them anyway. One club this happens at is a place where lapdances are out on the floor and it's easy to not tip them at the stage, so if they come around, I'll tip them then, although they can be rude about it, and if it's some girl you would like and you say no, that's the end of it for you and her.
  • Ironcat
    14 years ago
    It really comes down to some dancers seeing a tip as something they are entitled to just for being in the club. At my favorite club, dancers who don't even do stage dances come around and ask if I want a lap dance (no sitting down and having a conversation, just the "wanna dance" routine)and then want a tip after I politely tell them "no thanks". In my opinion, a tip represents a reward for excellent service. Even in the restaurants I frequent, some waiters and waitresses expect big tips for bad service - it could be a general "entitlement" attitude that the younger generation has these days.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Have you guys ever been in a similar situation?" Sounds like a dollar parade. The only place that I've seen it outside of the NJ area was at Nite Moves in Albany, NY & Cheaters in RI. "My ATF told me I better not stare at that one...if she seen me staring she would come over and bitch at me about it." LOL...that reminds me of a dancer at a former favorite strip club of mine in northern NY state that used to be very careful at the end of the night to not "flash" anyone while she was in the main room getting dressed to leave. When asked why she was so scared, she said that her bf (who gave her a ride home every night) would get mad if he saw her "naked in public". Then she would laugh & add, "Like he doesn't know what I do for a living..."
  • Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    Strippers in Detroit make their money in the VIP, not dollar dancing.
  • Vegeta1on1
    14 years ago
    I went to Private Dancer over the weekend. The asking for a tip form just about every dancer did get annoying. There was one who did do a mini table dance before she asked for a tip.
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    It sounds like this might be a club policy rather than the work of a bunch of dancers who decided on their own to shake down everyone in the club for each round of stage dances. As with many things of this nature, someone in management probably decided to do something about all the leaches who just sit and watch the girls all night and never spend more than the cost of their drinks. Thus the invention of the "courtesy tip" requested from everyone after each dance. It seems counter productive to nickel and dime your regulars (who will also most likely spring for more expensive and intimate dances) in order to pry a few bucks from the deadbeats. However, it is not surprising that the types of geniuses who run SC would come up with such an idea. I suspect that the dancer tip-out fee to the club went up when this policy was instituted (just as it does with inflated dancer drink prices), so that by not giving up the courtesy tip, you are cutting into the dancer's take-home. It has always been understood that if you sit at the stage, you tip; I have not encountered a situation where they tap you on the shoulder at the bar and ask for money. However, my bet is that it is management, not the girls, who made the rule.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    I almost forgot about "Presley's Playhouse Cabaret" in Salem, Oregon. Instead of collecting tips after getting off stage, the dancers offer "free taxi dances", where they give each guy watching the stage a 30-second full nude dance with a moderate grind (but no touch for the guys.) Couch dances were a little steep, with one song being $30 or $35. First strip club I had ever been to which consisted of four trailers put together (but hey, the staff wore tuxes!)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion