tuscl

Mob Strip Clubs

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Friday, January 22, 2010 10:07 PM
Approximately what percentage of SC's do you think are owned by the mob/mafia? I know of one in Chicago owned by the Russian mob and sure as hell wouldn't want to be caught doing something against the rules there.

7 comments

• bumrubber
    14 years ago
    I've heard the Russian mob is a big presence in Myrtle Beach, if not as club owners then bringing the girls in from Russia (or Ukraine, which is where most seem to be from). I've heard there's a sort of indentured servitude going on. With strip clubs in general, most owners are probably shady or marginal in some way, even if they're not traditional mob types or even necessarily "bad". The whole industry is a giant gray area.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    The whole industry is a giant gray area. Back in the mid 90's, I befriended a club manager because wanted to get in the SC business. I kissed up to him big time. He finally told me I wouldn't be able to get in and he gave me a look to reinforce that "don't ask why" attitude. In previous conversations he told me got in because of connections, but he was vague when I pressed the word "connections".
  • chasman
    14 years ago
    It's generally accepted that every club in the greater Vancouver BC area has some degree of HA involvement and the lack of clubs in the eastern end of the region is largely due to the dominance of other motorcycle "clubs."
  • jester214
    14 years ago
    I think it's overblown. There's a lot of Russian and Ukranian strippers in Myrtle Beach because it's a nice place to go strip in the summer. I mean, go look around Myrtle Beach, there's young Eastern Europeans guy busing tables and picking up laundry too, that's just the nature of the area. I just don't buy into the beleif that its that prevalent. A lot of times the owners are legitimate business men who are detached from running the club. Of course managers are going to imply they're "connected" just like any kid I knew growing up that was from Philly and remotely Italian told me their family was "connected". Strip clubs also attract the attention of the government and the police. I don't think the Mafia likes that kind of thing. So a percentage... 2% or 3%, maybe more back in the day...
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    Floor manager @ my fav club told me he used to "work security for The Family" up north. Nothing about this guy makes me doubt him. Reminds me of Joe Pesci in "Goodfellas". Nice guy. But I wouldn't cross him.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Zoning, liquor licenses, beverage distribution, taking care of the cops, political contributions and payoffs, etc. are necessary to getting a club up and running. And the mob is good at that stuff.
  • snowtime
    14 years ago
    I have no way of knowing what percent have mob connections, but I would guess it is close to 100%. There is just too much cash flow for them not to at least want "insurance" payments. Also the drug connection is probably involved with a lot of the strip club employees.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion