tuscl

De ja vu lowering dance prices Centerfolds SF

deogol
Michigan
Saw a pinkie rant about Deja Vu experimenting with dance prices in San Francisco's Centerfolds. Apparently it is going DOWN. And other Deja Vu clubs may go the same way if it works out.

6 comments

• CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Is the song length being shortened as well? At Centerfold's in Columbus, OH, they began experimenting with $5 dances middays on Mondays. The staff said songs were to be cut to 1-minute during the special.

Now, if MBOT were to cut prices (in half), that would be news!
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    deogol,
    Let’s hope this is a trend. Seemed to be a belief among club owners (and dancers) that once the economy started to recover, clubs would go back to “normal.” Looks like Déjà Vu is trying to adjust to a “new normal” level of a reduced customer base and spending level due to weak recovery, jobs permanently lost, tight credit, etc. There should be a real opportunity in this economic environment for the strip club equivalent of Wal-Mart – reliable product at value pricing.

CT – Now when Paper Moon lowers their prices, that will be news!
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    I wish clubs here would drop prices. I think lap dances should be $20, no matter what. No tiered pricing, please--I know one club that charges $25 for topless and $40 for nude. No thanks.

The clubs I frequent are in a county with a 12% unemployment rate. Dancers are always complaining business is slow. There is a glut of dancers and a dearth of customers.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Steve, nice injection of "Wal-Mart"... maybe if the economy gets sooooo bad (a number of states are heading toward bankruptcy), Wal-Mart may swap out some items which no longer sell and setup a curtained off portion of the store for Dad??? Adult DVDs, peep show, stage, lap dance area, etc.

Pothead, next time into that establishment, ask where the suggestion box is and drop them your request. With the economy having been sluggish for awhile now, they be receptive.
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    Not likely. WM has this image of family that they like to think everybody buys into, irrespective of the reality.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    For as long as I can remember (it's been a while since last visit), POSTED dance prices @ SFCF were $20. Where there was a gray area concerned exactly what the $20 would get you. Often would just be a bikini or at best topless dance. If you wanted more, you paid more- with nude contact being $40, then escalating to $60 in early millenium. When the ante was upped to $80, I quit going there.

I read the pinkie post, 1 pinkie bragged about getting over $100 PER DANCE there. FTS!!! There was talk in that post about $20 just getting 1 a bikini dance. That's for ignorant tourists.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion