tuscl

Delaware man charged $21,000 at Larry Flynt's Hustler Club - but only wanted a $

For 21 grand, the least you could hope for is an unforgettable lap dance.

A Delaware man who says he has no memory of a big night at Larry Flynt's Hustler Club is suing the West Side skin joint, saying he racked up more than $21,000 on two credit cards when all he wanted was a $300 lap dance.

Gerard Wall, 39, swears he doesn't remember a thing after he agreed to charge his American Express card for a topless bump-and-grind in a private room.

"Plaintiff submitted his American Express card for a $300 charge," says the suit filed in Manhattan Supreme Court. "He did not approve any other charges."

By the time Wall left the Hustler Club at 10 p.m. on Dec. 12 - two drinks and a mere 90 minutes into his bosom bender - he was so blitzed, the lawsuit says, a club employee had to drive him home.

When he woke up the next day, the suit says, Wall discovered he was missing $80 from his wallet - and sporting $21,620.60 in fresh charges to his American Express and Discover cards.

Wall did not return calls, and his lawyer refused to comment. Calls to the club were not returned.

His suit puts him in the company of other lap dunces who ended up in court after their good times at Manhattan strip clubs. The husband of a Bangladeshi diplomat sued Scores in 2004, charging that the club smacked him with a $129,626 credit-card bill when all he shelled out was $28,000.

A Missouri CEO lost his job a year later when he put a $241,000 tab on his American Express card during a Scores outing, and was sued by the credit-card company for refusing to pay.
1-12-10

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010…

9 comments

• arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    People who use credit cards in strip clubs deserve the awful results that can occur. If I were the judge I would throw out the Gerald Wall lawsuit on the grounds of "stupid plaintiff".

Fortunately our legal system does not allow such arbitrary adjudication.

Lap dances are for lap dunces? That's a good one. Some truth to that.
  • vincemichaels
    15 years ago
    YIKES, I'd like to see the itemized billing for that visit. Also, this guy was blitzed after 2 drinks??? I wonder what they put in his drink: drugs or 20,000 proof booze. Dang, I'll stick to bottle beer. LOL
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Having a good time in a strip by the knowing involves:

1) Use cash only

2) Stick to a budget

3) NEVER use their ATM

4) I always drink soda, and soda only in a club. I'm driving home.

With that said:

Back in the mid 90's, when was working at a hotel, I was approached by a pair of guests who wanted a good strip club experience, but weren't looking for take out, or even high mileage. Rick's was the premier place at the time, so I gave them directions.

When they got back, after only two hours, one of them pointed at me and said "YOU ASSHOLE" !!!

Turned out these two knuckleheads had put 1,500.00 each on their credit cards and didn't know how they were going to explain it to their wives.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    "lap dunces"?!? Now I feel so belittled...
  • vincemichaels
    15 years ago
    Dudester, your 4 guidelines are the way to go, those guests are knuckleheads had noone to blame but themselves. Sure, you couldn't really rebuff them, you were working for the hotel, but I doubt that anyone put a gun to their heads, they aimed their erect penises at the charge card form and signed for their charges.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I was hit with "extra" charges once. That is when I stopped using a card, but I found it easier and cheaper just to pay the $38,000.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    "3) NEVER use their ATM"

Even better than the ATM is the "cash advance" station at Flight Club: 20% fee on whatever amount you're getting.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    The Doll House in Columbus is next door to a gas station with an ATM that has a much more reasonable fee. I walked out and used it to avoid using the doll house ATM fee. Not to mention the strip club ATM probably records your ATM/Pin and the strip club owners could rip you off even more if they wanted to and assume you are too embarrassed to fight the charge.

However, now the weather is so cold that walking next door to the gas station to use an ATM would be too much of a hassle. Therefore, my visits to the Doll House will be decreasing.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    Oh, never ever use a strip club ATM. I did that ONCE and the fee was ridiculous. It was 10% of the amount taken out. Fck that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion