tuscl

Prisoner Demands Penthouse Subscription

Mon, Jan 04 2010
NEW YORK — Friendfinder Networks' Penthouse magazine has been served with a lawsuit from a Florida prison inmate who says the company won't sell him a back issue.
Jorge Niebla, who is serving 13 life sentences for kidnapping and armed robbery, claims he never heard back after he wrote the company in August 2008 and asked for the price and ordering instructions for its April 2007 issue.
That issue features a nude pictorial of burlesque star Dita Von Teese.
"[I] would like to purchase the magazine ... but staff are being prejudice and don't have respect for my basic rights," Niebla wrote in the filing at U.S. District Court in New York.
U.S. District Judge Loretta A. Preska last week ordered Niebla to fill out a form to get a waiver of the $350 filing fee.
His two-page handwritten suit seeks an order compelling Boca Ratan, Fla.-based Penthouse Media Group to sell him the issue.

http://www.xbiznewswire.com/view.php?id=…

4 comments

• georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    I realize that "U.S. District Judge Loretta A. Preska" probably has no choice at this point in time to order what she did, but here's hoping whoever actually hears the case has the sense to throw it out as soon as it comes up.
  • vincemichaels
    15 years ago
    Hell, rather than tie up the courts with another frivoulous lawsuit, I'd rather just buy that issue and send it to the lifer.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    vince, good point.
  • deogol
    15 years ago
    Frivolous lawsuit or allow inmates to boss people and companies around?

It is the courts themselves that make frivolous lawsuits so expensive and time consuming. If they said "Get this fuck outta my room" within 20 seconds that would be that.

Anyhow, no one can make a person sell them something.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion