tuscl

How stupid do some of the members think we are?

Earlier this week, I almost choked reading the most recent review of one of the Detroit area clubs as the writer said "The place looked somewhat seedy on the outside and the inside looks very much like a neighborhood bar" I haven't been inside the club since they did a major renovation of the club in the last year, but driving by, it's plainly obvious that the owner put major bucks into the project and it looks like a brand new club outside. Have you guys seen reviews here that are obviously bogus?

19 comments

• jabthehut
    15 years ago
    I read one about a club that was part of a southeastern chain. It was pretty obvious that the reviewer was talking about a completely different club as none of the descriptions matched reality.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    MisterGay has posted many phony reviews here. I guess it's that little troll's way of trying to get attention and be "clever".
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I once found a review describing the nude club as having dancers who are plastic and some other false info. It was posted under Private Dancer, which does not have plastic dancers. I knew the reviewer was talking about Vanity the other more upscale nude club with plastic dancers. I clicked on the update club details link and reported it and it was switched over. I think this was an honest mistake though.

Overall though, I think tuscl is more reliable than SCL. I will sometimes find a club that interests me on tuscl and look into it more on SCL or even other review sites. I found have yahoo! and yelp.com to have interesting reviews for local strip clubs but no where near as good as tuscl.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Trust and honesty is important on this site. If you want the opposite, talk to a dancer.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    My local club recently got a scathing "review" from what had to be a disgruntled dancer. She was complaining about the "wanna be pimp" managers, a door girl with a poor attitude, cheap stages, etc. Uh, who really cares about that stuff?

Her most telling comment was this: "people expect way more in vip than theyre paying [sic]" Ah, sorry sweetheart, but getting MORE than you're paying for is a GOOD thing in the eyes of a customer. She probably inadvertently encouraged more TUSCLers to try out this club.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    A recent review of St James said the reviewer had a choice of a room with or without a curtain, and he chose the curtain. I have never seen curtains in the 4+ years I have been visiting the club.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    There's a recent review of Mons Venus in which the reviewer mentions receiving an "air dance". Really? At Mons? Highly doubtful. Mons didn't end up at the top of the club rankings with girls giving air dances. Makes you wonder if the reviewer knows what an air dance is. Mons is a full on grind fest. Lap dance factory. I've been a handful of times and never, ever been disappointed.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    txtittyfan, I have always wanted a feature on TUSCL to rebut reviews.If I see a review for my favorite club (#4 in the country) with negative or incorrect comments, I want to set the picture straight.Any body that rates it a 5 or 6 is either a drunk or an idiot. The latest reviewer did give it a great review but he was off the charts on dance prices. He said $30 per dance. I get 2 for $20 from my favorites. My buddies, not as well known as me, at least get 2 for $25 or $30. I know a lot of this is just based on the reviewers experience at strip clubs. $30 may be acceptable for some but totally outrageous for me. A while back, I saw one, that was describing the sister club in Greenville.(size)I probably should have sent founder a PM but lazy me, let it slide. I have a dozen TUSCL buddies, some driving hundreds of miles to get there, that know the score.They are my best source of information.
  • bang69
    15 years ago
    I grew up near Detroit. The owners of the clubs there spend BIG $$$$$$$ to keep every thing up to date. I have read the review of the club in question. Its a nice club both out side & in. So don't listen to mister Gay. Go see for your self.
  • Drippy
    15 years ago
    Reading as many reviews as possible gives a better picture of the club than just relying on one review. But I certainly understand the frustration when you read inaccuracies about your favorite club.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    Drippy---it's not so much reading inaccuracies about my favorite club that bothers me. I've been to that club @ times when it was not great. The review that bothered me was the guy who gave MONS VENUS a bad review. Come on, really? It's MONS VENUS. It's world famous for a reason. Why post a bad review of that place, when every other review is glowing?
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    vm,

I can vouch that some of the members ARE stupid. They've yet to figure out "ignore" or how NOT to read something.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Clubber, I have only 2 on ignore. There would be more except that I want to know what the others are saying about me. But I have mastered the how not to read function. About 10% get passed over.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Not a surprise the older guys figure it out. :) I don't ignore anyone, but there are a lot I don't read.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    There is only one tuscl member I have on ignore. I ignored him not because of what he said but because he posted a nude picture of himself and was asking for advice on being a male stripper. I don't want to see nude male stripper pics on here.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "If I see a review for my favorite club (#4 in the country) with negative or incorrect comments, I want to set the picture straight."

No, you just want to continue to shill for a club that you mistakenly think that you "own", you old fool.

"Why post a bad review of that place, when every other review is glowing?"

Different people look at similar things differently...it's a pretty simple concept to embrace I think. To each his own. If you come across a review that you think is totally bogus, report it!

"I can vouch that some of the members ARE stupid"

...like *you* clubber...and the irony continues...lol...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Yawn!
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    LOL...pwned again old man...just like always...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    YAWN!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion