tuscl

Detroit worst city - but not for SC's

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:27 PM
Detroit voted worst city in world by travel site (lonely planet), obviously strip clubs didn't figure on any checklist. Also, see [view link] looks like he is in for an ass kicking when he returns !!

6 comments

• vincemichaels
    15 years ago
    Well, if other cities had the unemployment problems Detroit has, it isn't surprising. Going to the strip clubs is something the club owners have had to deal with, by offering valet service to not only make money for the patrons, it is a question of the customers' safety as well. I spent a good amount of my life living in Detroit proper before moving back to the suburbs so I don't have to take my personal safety into account every time I walk out the door. Then, also, the thievery and corruption the Detroit politioians practice, doesn't improve the city.
  • Book Guy
    14 years ago
    We have so much in common, New Orleans and Detroit, that I'm just baffled as to why the strip club experiences are so divergent. The unemployment, poverty, moving population of convention-goers, large numbers of half-educated young women, many ancillary cash economies ... it just doesn't make sense that Sin City New Orleans has such cruddy clubs, by national standards. I want the bone-inducing room-full of stunning hotties, half of whom suck dick for a Franklin, like I hear about in Detroit. Here, we got skanky crack-addicted losers, two or three clubs that have "cleaned up" enough that a tourist can have a decent experience, and JUUUUUST a few underground options for getting that suck done, probably for a lot more than a Franklin. It's really the room-full of stunning hotties I'm actually after, come to think of it ...
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I have been to both DTW and MSY but where haven't I been to. I did not visit any strip clubs in DTW but did in MSY. They were no worse than ATL but a far cry from my favorite club in CAE. I am getting a geographic view of the U.S. by reading the top 100. I have flown into almost all the major cities in the U.S. but now I am learning the names of the smaller cities. Where some of you hang out.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Charles Pugh, the new president of the Detroit City Council, is quoted in today's press as saying that he would prefer increasing police patrols on illegal activities outside SCs instead of patrolling conduct in the clubs. There's hope for sanity.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    If we see Chuck in one of the local clubs, SuperDude, let's buy him a drink and a lap dance.
  • OneAngryDwarf
    14 years ago
    Obviously, the contributors to Lonely Planet have never visited Johnstown, PA...or Youngstown, OH...far far more depressing cities IMHO...and no strip clubs in sight to redeem themselves.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion