tuscl

HBO's "Real Sex" Series

I'm shocked! After re-running every '90s episode 10,000 times, they've produced a new one! And the first story concerns the bad economy prompting many former Wall St. women into becoming *ta-daaa* exotic dancers. Of course there's new dancer auditions, followed with "locker room" talk from the vets to the newbies about "Tell them anything they want to hear, cause that's why they're here, to hear it from you" (spoken from a vet who states she makes $5k a weekend.) Later, House Mom says the biggest challenge for the gals is to get the guys into the VIP (not a surprise... but to hear it so plainly stated...) [Sloppy production qualities though as the boom mic makes a few appearances-- maybe because the operator is a little too interested!]

Later segment on "Phone Sex Training" is also worth viewing. One trainee is a former lawyer (from litigator to phone sex mistress: now that's a story arc worth it's own production!) Gotta like the the guy who "calls during halftime of sporting events": no marching band for him!

9 comments

• clubscanner
    15 years ago
    Thanks for the heads up on this. i did not know they were still making new ones so I had not been paying attention to them. I just looked at my on demand and saw it listed there. I am going to take a look at it.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I wonder if all the media buzz over the tiger woods sex scandal finally motivated them to try a new episode.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I saw it the other night. It was filmed at Sapphire in New York City (club used to be the old Scores way back when). 1 of the new girls said she worked Broadway Musicals and was giving the strip club a try.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    You're welcome Clubscanner. Happy viewing!

Sam, they've sure taken their time to produce a new episode. It's hard to believe they can't do 8 a year or so. I mean the topic is sex, how could they miss?!?

Gator, it looked like a very upscale club ... nice furniture, and the guys were pretty respectable in terms of their dress. I wonder what the tab was for the bald guy at the end who took the two gals into VIP? Didn't look like that part of the club had any other customers. Some of tha other dancers looked pretty good though-- is that typical or did they just make sure "the best" were working to put their best foot forward the day HBO showed up to film???
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    That club Sapphire (which is the old Score building) is nice inside but there are a couple of New York club's even nicer and newer. The Sapphire in Vegas is one of the biggest clubs I have ever seen. I thought the show was okay, I think they should do an new g string divas series there.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    "g string divas" = That's another show they've re-run 10,000 times.

And then there's the "where pimps and hos line up in rows" show they've re-run, and re-run, and re-run..... If anything thing they've really lacked in new programming.

How hard or costsly could it be to film a wekk straight at a strip club and just package the footage into different episodes, each presenting some angle? 1 week of footage and they can probably get 12 episodes out of it, which they can run for a year over-and-over.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    CTQWERTY--Did you see that fat, ugly lawyer on the phone sex segment? Proof that you've got to be careful about hooking up with a hot voice. You don't really know what's on the other end of the line.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    haha I have been cautious of the phone sex companies since watching that beavis and butthead episode. " 1-900-BEAVIS"
    You can watch it here:
    http://www.mtv.com/videos/the-mike-judge…
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I did use a phone sex hotline once out of curiosity when I was having computer problems. I think my bill was $50. I thought it should have only around $30 so I called and complained. It turns out that when you listen to the menu to select a girl you are billed for that time as well even though I remember the operator saying I would not get billed until I started to actually talk to the girl. I complained and hoped they would reduce the bill to $30 from $50. Instead the customer service agent said she would give me a complete refund and deduct it from the phone girls pay. I was a happy customer but did not give them repeat business because I soon got my computer replaced. Too bad strip clubs don't have that kind of customer service.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion