tuscl

Via NY or Chicago?

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
Thursday, December 10, 2009 7:44 PM
Great news guys, I have managed to arrange a business trip to Cleveland. I can have an overnight stop in either NY or Chicago, apart from reading reviews can anyone give me the benefit of their experience to help me decide? I have read and been told good things about Gallaghers in NY. Anyone have the benefit of knowing the SC scene at both cities very well?

14 comments

• CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Wow. Nearly everything but Detroit. Good luck in Cleveland.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    No direct flights to Detroit from London otherwise I would route through there. Strange that some carriers route via Dallas !
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    NY is the better strip club city but it is also the more expensive city. If money is not an issue, I would go with NY.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    I would try to talk your travel dept. into letting you overnight in Miami or Detroit. +1 on ss1 comment on NY.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Miami I can see as it is winter. Detroit now? You might get snowed in.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    P.S. London: Cleveland is unofficially nicknamed "The mistake by the lake". Also, one of their rivers caught on fire back in the day.
  • CCRiderm
    15 years ago
    If you can rent a car while you're there, I would go for the Chicago option. While the clubs in Chi-Town are horrible, you're about an hour away from the Industrial Strip in Hammond Indiana. Much better than any others in either city. Keep us posted!
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    Interesting thought CCR, I can rent a car so that's no problem. Money is not an issue. CT, Cleveland is the place I fly into, perhaps I should have said the town I am visiting is nearer Akron.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Per TUSCL_Brother, since the crack down a year ago, all Ohio clubs suck.Interesting. His jack joint just started a new policy. All workers, bar tenders, bouncers, waitresses must now pay the club $15 a shift.Good news is, the club has relaxed it's policy on extras to make up for it. Go for it, HarryDave.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    It seems as though Chicago airport is not far from Hammond, Indiana and that Chicago is near the border with Indiana,unless I am looking at the wrong map? If that is the case then I guess I wouldn't need a hire car as it would appear to be as close to Industrial Strip as Vegas airport os to Spearmint Rhino?
  • aalexium
    15 years ago
    I must take an opposing opinion on Chicago. Given your stripclub history, I suspect you will be disappointed with the Chicago clubs and this includes the Industrial Strip. Might get some decent contact but somehow it just doesn't translate to a Vegas-like experience. Not even close. Other options for Chicago are to head way, way south to Club O or Club 390. Again, good contact but expensive. And don't expect anything beyond contact in Chicago. You mentioned a possible stopover in Dallas - take it.
  • aalexium
    15 years ago
    Oh, and your maps are incorrect. The travel time from O'Hare (I'm sure you're not flying into Midway from London) to Industrial Strip or to South Chicago will be more like driving from the Vegas airport out to the Boulder Dam. Expect one way transit of +1 hour.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "It seems as though Chicago airport is not far from Hammond, Indiana and that Chicago is near the border with Indiana,unless I am looking at the wrong map?" It depends what airport you are landing at. I think you are referring to Gary/Chicago International Airport, which likely isn't where you'll be landing from London. Chicago O'Hare International Airport is NW of the city of Chicago & Chicago Midway International Airport is on the West side of Chicago. Both are about 0.5-1 hour away from Hammond, Indiana. A lot of airports are "international" for basically cargo flights only. Good luck...
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    You're right MrGuy, seems like i'd have a long drive to get there. AAlexium, you have may be right after al - I might leave a day earlier maybe, will check out reviews for Dallas clubsbut the long journey might put me off.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion