tuscl

How far do strippers live from where they work.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I know one that lives 5 minutes away.Another that drives all the way from VA but not every day. I would guess that most of the ones that I know, probably average 50 miles.

Some customers will say That they make long drives to avoid accidentally running into somebody they knew from OTC.True in a few cases but more often than not, I believe that it is because that was where they were living when they first started stripping. They have,roots, friends, kids in school and mostly housing is cheaper.

Lets keep this to the local girls. Not the ones passing through.

26 comments

• deogol
    15 years ago
    Why is this important?
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Zoning restrictions may play a role in this. Many, not all, Detroit clubs are located on Eight Mile Road, the northern city boundary. A lot of dancers live farther out in the suburban sprawl. Yes, I've driven some of them home in blowing snow when their regular ride did not show at the end of the day shift. SUV with 4wheel drive has its uses.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I would also be curious to know how long these long distance strippers work? I know several who come from Dayton and Cinc. to work in Columbus, but they rarely stay long. They complain the money is not good enough. I know one stripper from Lima, OH who drives over 1 hour to Columbus and she has been consistent for about 4 years. The only major strip club cities in Ohio are Dayton, Columbus, Toledo, and Cleveland. If a stripper working in Columbus is from one of those cities they claim they are working here in Columbus to avoid running into people they know...if they are from a rural area they claim there is no work available for them there.

As for the clubs along Route 161...many of the strippers live close enough to walk to work.

From my experience, dancers from small towns tend to be higher mileage than the big city girls, no?
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    At one local club, some of the strippers drive over an hour to work. But in general I'd say most live within 30 minutes of most clubs in local area.
  • vincemichaels
    15 years ago
    Up here in Detroit like, SuperDude says, the Detroit clubs aren't always that desirable areas to live nearby so they commute in from the suburbs probably 5-50 miles, I've talked to several that come down from
    Flint which is a good 75 miles away. The southern tier of clubs have gals coming up from Ohio which is a good 50 mile trip. Snow is coming, SuperDude, have fun! LOL

• imnumnutz
    15 years ago
    and of course there are clubs like Rhino in Vegas and the Mons in Tampa. Dancers come from all over the country to work these clubs. I've met several who are on a regular schedule, flying in from wherever every month or six weeks...in several vegas clubs in particular ladies come in every weekend from LA.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Of course this whole discussion topic begs the question, why do we know where most of these strippers live or are we just assuming/guessing how far they travel or say.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    And it also begs the question, who cares? I don't care how far they drive as long as I get what I want out of the visit.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Long distance commute to work was something I heard of at Mitchell Brothers O'Farrell Theater.

Surely it must've been back during a better economy, but several of the dancers flew up from LA to work weekends at MBOT. When gals supposedly have to pay MBOT $1,000 a shift to work there, you know these were top-of-the-line sharks flying in to make substantial amounts in a short period of time (and then back to "Jane life" in LA during the week.) I'd be interested to hear how much they were raking in, and now how frugal they've become since the economy has sputtered. I was at MBOT last February, and while the talent was better than a typical club, it lacked the top end supermodel/sex symbol gals seen in some of the pictures.
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    I recently met a dancer at Greenville Platinum Plus who only works on Friday and Saturday nights. She said she lived in Knoxville, approximately 250 miles away. Claimed the money in Greenville was much better since the Knoxville clubs are "no Touch".
    My recent favorite in Huntsville drove over an hour to work at that club, but she made great money and never complained.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    I know one girl who claims an 85 mile commute (one way). That's the longest I've heard of.
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    I know a stripper that drives 80 miles to work. She's been doing that for over 10 years. Funny thing is she drives past several Detroit clubs to go to Jackson. I know several others that drive over 60 miles. Not uncommon in MI it seems.
  • neoguy
    15 years ago
    Many I talk to live less than 30 minutes away.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Many at my favorite club, in the middle of nowhere, live at least an hour away, although I have known two there who actually lived in town. Everywhere else I go regularly is close to a big city that they pretty much all draw locally based talent.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    And some, who live a long distance, will stay at the cheap motels near the clubs to avoid a long drive home in the winter. After a week or two they check out and go home. Extra pressure to sell dances to pay the motel rental.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Most of the strippers I've talked to in Houston do the north-south thing. If they live on the south side, they'll dance on the north side to avoid being seen by family/friends-and vice versa. I-10 is a good north/south demarkation line in Houston. I've lived on the north side for the past 20 years and I've been curious as I've never really visited south side clubs and this one young guy who lives below me had a (really hot) girlfriend who set off my radar.
  • LeeH
    15 years ago
    I only know/remember where 3 dancers live, and they average about 35 miles from their club. Of course, this is Atlanta, and as shadowcat knows, that's 35 lightyears in most other cities, esp the ones that have to traverse I-285. ;-)
  • judyjudy
    15 years ago
    Judy drives very far from home for the most part.
    15 years ago
    It varies quite a bit. I've known many who commute 45-60 minutes or more. Often it is just because they find a club has better earning potential for them. Or in some cases it's to avoid the neighbors, relatives, etc.

Others that have "outed" themselves, where their families, etc. know what they do have no problem with living 5 minutes away. Same thing if they're transplants with no relatives in the area.

Was at the Mons in Tampa one time. Girl tells me she commutes from Tampa to avoid friends and family. Likes to dance in only certain locations in the club where she can keep an eye out just in case. Said a couple of times she did spot someone she knew and had to skidaddle to the dressing room. Thought to myself she probably needs another job if she's going to be that stressed out all the time.
  • jester214
    15 years ago
    I mean... isn't the real answer: a little farther than most people have to drive to jobs?

I say "a little" because SC's are fewer and farther between.
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    I know of one at the Ritz who drives 35 miles from North Houston to work at a SE club. My impression is she is scared of LE up there (prostitution arrest) and does not want to run into family and friends.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Back when the economy was better and gas was only $1.40 a gallon or so, I had 3 routine favorites that all lived in different states. One lived in Southeastern NC over 280 miles away, another lived in Alabama. Another lived far away too but I don't remember where anymore. Now all the dancers I know live within an hour of the club (that I'm familar with). One dancer does work a few months at a time at the beach but she stays in a hotel and doesn't commute back and forth each week like several dancers did when gas was cheaper. I once had one dancer who knew me from NC call me up one night after not seeing her or talking to her for over a year and ask me to come visit Platinum Plus in Columbia because she was working there that weekend. She told me it was a no tip out weekend or something like that. I think she just wanted to see me again. That was probably a 4 to 5 hour drive from her house if she wasn't flying like some strippers do sometimes.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    In case anyone is wondering, the dancers that routinely commuted long distances each week would stay in nearby hotels for a few days at a time before returning. They would keep doing that if they were making enough money in the strip clubs.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    One of those out of state dancers suddenly stopped showing up at the nearby strip club after she told me she got stopped by the police for doing 95 MPH in a 70 zone. Gas prices started shooting up about the same time too.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    The ones I knew all lived within 20 miles of the club. Some I've seen in Key West travel down from Miami and spend a week or so in Key West. Sort of a working vacation.

When I met my ATF, she lived within a few miles from both the clubs she worked in. After she left them, she lived about an hour away from her new club. Now, she no longer dances, at least the last time I talked with her.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Most of the ones I know live within some 10-20 miles of their club. But I did know a dancer once who drove 1 1/2 hours to work.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion