tuscl

From "Musta123" on Penthouse Club in Detroit

"Hello All, today the Penthouse is closed. I have heard that they got busted by the Cops and need to close for one or two days.. this is all I know, I called their main number and nobody answered, not even a voice message ... wow
I knew eventually they would have trouble with the Detroit VICE squad. It was just a matter of time..."

I wonder whether "OneAngryDwarf" got a little too carried away? Afterall he was looking to escape the G20 in Pittsburgh by heading to Detroit...

5 comments

• SuperDude
    15 years ago
    If this is true it fits the pattern of turning up the heat on clubs as the election approaches and the city council considers new ordinances restricting contact between customers and dancers.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I wonder why they got busted by vice? Drugs seem to be more of a problem for SC than high mileage. The guys getting high mileage are not going to call the cops...but the guy who got burned on a drug deal will.

Also I have read that voting on strip club issue will be coming up so maybe the police are being ordered to investigate more into Detroit strip clubs.
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    From what I understand the club was shut down on a technical issue. Within the city limits of Detroit dancers are required to obtain an entertainment license to work at a strip club. What ever department checks on such thing found that there were dancers working at the club without the proper paper work so they shut it down for 24 hours.
  • stogiebt
    15 years ago
    Went to PH yesterday (10/5) for lunch.
    Me (to bouncer): I heard you didn't have to work last Thursday. Heard the place was closed.
    Bouncer: Yeah, a transformer blew.
    Me: Really!! So, you had a power outage here.
    Bouncer: Yes. Half the bar had power and half the bar didn't have power.
    Me (snickering to myself as I was seated): OMG, that's hilarious. New code words for being shut down by LE is "transformer blew".
  • Teller
    15 years ago
    It's hard to believe that the City of Detroit is that efficient,
    either to be checking on dancers' permits or following up drug deals.
    Maybe it's time for the regular pose of cracking down for the benefit of the voting public, who, as far as I can tell, doesn't give a fiddler's fugg about what goes on in the clubs. I can only hope that this too shall pass like all the past "crackdowns." In a few months things will be back to normal. This place is too much like a national treasure to be snuffed out by a bunch of bluenoses.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion