tuscl

If strippers had performance reviews like guys working in a corporation with som

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:18 AM
Goals for past year (determined by your bosses) 1. Do 100 dances a week at $40 a dance, raise prices on customers to $50 and do 150 dances a week by midyear. Dancer: Made $1000 a week, customers weren't buying as much. Failed. 2. Charge an extra $300 for sucking below the belt, 50 times a week. Dancer: Only 10 customers per week were willing to pay $60 to $100,except for one guy willing to pay $300 for a handjob but he wasn't a repeat customer. 3. Find a project to increase strip club business over 10 percent. Measured by increase in profits the strip club makes on drinks and food. Dancer performance response: Worked as dancer, no measurable increase in strip club profit. List other significant activity that you did that helped increase profits for the strip club. Dancer: Sucked hundreds of guys off so they would keep coming back to the club. Listened to all their sob stories and laughed at all their stupid jokes. Pretended I was having fun while they were telling their silly stories. Told them they had big dicks. Gave out phone numbers that didn't work but pretended I was going to get to it as soon as I could but gave some stupid excuse for not returning their call, unless I thought they had tons of money to burn. Months later the Company response: Sorry but due to tough economic conditions, we were regretably required to have an across the board pay freeze for dancers. We also had to eliminate benefits at all divisions. Benefits such as tips you receive from customers should be immediately turned over to management. We felt this was in the best interest for all concerned so that we could reduce the need for further layoffs. Furthermore, if your performance review was negative and you aren't meeting expectations, your pay will be cut based on how well your performance review was.

8 comments

• mroo
    15 years ago
    Well done!
  • how
    15 years ago
    Dancer's responses to Corporate Employee Performance Review Questionnaire: Communications Skills: Learned how to say, "suck and fuck" in Spanish; led to greater business during Cinco de Mayo and 16 de Septiembre. Leadership: First dancer to offer anal in the VIP. Trendsetter. Judgment: Told the bouncer I wouldn't blow him but I would rat him out to his wife if he asked again. Never bothered me again.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Thanks for the comments. Performance reviews and goals summary: Basically you bust your butt all year doing what it takes to get your job done especially if your business picked up. This is typically not evaluated on your performance review. Your boss says it is just what is expected so they don't list that stuff as your goals and expectations. You can list it as other activities though. So your performance review is based on all the above and beyond your normal job and how well you performed on that. Then they assign extra stuff during the year. If you worked 24 hours a day, you might be able to get an exceeds level of performance. Then you would really be pissed off for not getting any pay increase. You'd also be dead without any sleep. Maybe that's not how everyone feels about it but it's the impression I get.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    The new motto is, "you should be happy you still have a job!"
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I do know of some clubs charging $1 per minute for lateness. Also some give performance reviews for having to sell a certain number of drinks per shift or else they will be charged for them.
  • how
    15 years ago
    casualguy, there are likely some companies where the reviews are as you described on 9/29. Happily, my experiences have been more worker-friendly. Good recognition for jobs well done. Back when unemployment was so low it was considered "full employment" (a/k/a, the Bush years, before Pelosi and Reid took the reins of congress), one could just leave a company that treated him without proper respect. Now, however, your new motto ("be happy you still have a job") is apt. Real unemployment--factoring in those who need a job and were looking but have given up--is about 16.7% right now. And for recent graduates, unemployment is about 52%. As bad as it had been so far this year, just last month we lost another 570,000 jobs. Staggering. Yet even today the president is saying, "we put Americans back to work. ... I will not rest until every American who wants a job, has one." Sick.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I may make it sound worse than it is. Doing performance reviews even for yourself seems like a full time job taking hours to do. At least I know what they are talking about though. I once worked at a small company and didn't have any input into the performance review. At one point I was pretty much the only one left in the department and moved into the managers office for a month or two so I didn't have to keep walking over there looking for files when someone from corporate called asking for information. I said I needed help. What did the management do? They hired a new boss to direct me around and tell me what a crummy job I was doing. I found a better job after that. Before I resigned, I played their game by appearing all around the shop so they could see me and it seemed like I was goofing off more wasting time but management thought I was doing a lot more work since they saw me. The new boss wasn't too bright. He thought if I wasn't seen in the manufacturing facility, I must not be doing too much work. Instead of working in the office, I walked around talking to people. My new boss said my performance vastly improved before I left. What an idiot I thought.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Forgot to add, I heard within a few years after I left, I heard that the operations manager said he should have never let me go. That made me feel a little bit better. I knew the operations manager pretty good and the former plant manager but I wasn't impressed with the new department manager they got (to help me out). I learned to be careful what you ask for. The former plant manager was the one who first took me to strip clubs. He said he wanted to take me. I think he didn't want to go alone. I did like the second time he took me. He had one of our suppliers or vendors come along and pay our cover charges. The vendor even payed for some pizza we ordered from Domino's and it was delivered to the club and they brought it to our table. I never said anything bad to others at work about my new manager. Others kept telling me they didn't care for him too much. Compared to running a whole department by myself for very little pay for several months, several hours doing a performance review is a piece of cake. However it is sort of like doing taxes manually.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion