tuscl

Eden Gentleman's Club in Davie Florida and the Member Rating System

Monday, August 3, 2009 8:56 PM
Check on the 14 reviews for Edens and tell me what the heck you think is going on. The member rating is states as 9.67/10, with a positive trend of 3.08. I copied down the 14 posted reviews and the arithmetic average (mean) is 6.14 - much more realistic when you read the actual reviews. What kind of an algorithm could generate a 9.67 "member rating" ?? Like most of you I am not overly enamored with the "member rating" anyway, but this seems crazy. If Founder reads this post, maybe he can explain.

5 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    That is rather odd...but I believe founder does not count the older reviews and reviews by new memebers into the ratings. For example, look at the most recent reviewers of the club. Jphive has been a member since august 2009. Mandalore84 has been a member since July 2009. These reviewers probably do not add much weight to the final rating, and for good reason. The most weight probably goes to the 9.67 given by paco1 because he has seniority and his review is recent. The club has so little reviews (if you add the club to your hotlist you will see it listed as 12 reviews instead of 14) so it does not appear on the top 100 even though it probably has the highest rating.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    arbeeguy, this has to be a fuck up. I totally understand how the rating system works. Founder has even mentioned in the past that I knew what I was talking about. samsung1, no offense but you do not understand how it works. I believe that founder will read this and correct the numbers.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I have been keeping tabs on what Ohio clubs are listed in the top 100 for the past several months. I just saw today that Christies Cabaret is now on the list at spot 25, and Doll House of Columbus appeared on the list at spot 84. I have been to the Christies in Bruinswick, OH and thought it was OK, but I need to now go check out the Christies in Cleveland, OH now that it is on the top 100 (especially spot 25). I find it strange that a club like Christies went from not being on the list to suddenly being spot 25.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    A member since August 2009, doctorcool, wrote a review of Vegas Cabaret in Lauderhill, Florida. In it, he refereed people to Eden Gentleman's Club, which he stated is a "sister" club. My ATF worked for a short time at Vegas, so I usually check the reviews once in awhile.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "but I believe founder does not count the older reviews and reviews by new memebers into the ratings." I'm almost positive that reviews that are older than two years old don't affect the strip club's rating anymore. Also, I know that founder worked on a system whereby the longer a reviewer has been a member of this site, that the more "weight" that reviewer's reviews would carry. I dunno if he ever weighted reviewers that had more total reviews in general higher as well. The latest algorithm is very much a secret to protect it from the shills. "The club has so little reviews (if you add the club to your hotlist you will see it listed as 12 reviews instead of 14) so it does not appear on the top 100 even though it probably has the highest rating." I think the number of reviews (which is really the number of reviewers) that it takes to get onto any of the Top lists was raised from what it used to be, which I think was around 12 or so, if I remember correctly. "I find it strange that a club like Christies went from not being on the list to suddenly being spot 25." This kind of thing happens all the time. Clubs will suddenly appear & then disappear from the Top lists for apparently "no reason". I think what's really happening is that certain clubs are either finally getting enough reviews (actually reviewers) to get onto the List, and then (when some of the club's reviews get "too old" to be included in the club's overall rating) they drop off again. I'm also not a big fan of the newer rating system here, but it's not my site... :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion