tuscl

What EAST SAINT LOUIS clubs let you in under 21

Hi I'm currently 20 and was wondering which clubs allow people under 21 to get in. Ive been to PTs, and a few others. Do any in Washington let my type in?!

8 comments

• londonguy
    15 years ago
    Are you saying that it's illegal or is this rule impossed by the clubs?
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    You gotta remember our restrictive laws on alcohol "londonguy". This issue is likely related to clubs not wanting to allow minors into a club that serves alcohol...some do, some don't, and some are restricted from doing so (even if they want to) by the law in some places. I don't know the laws in IL at all.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    I find it difficult to get my head around how a man can die for his country at 18 but can't buy alcohol. We have some fucked up laws over here as well but over here once you are 18 you can do everything.
  • CarolinaWanderer
    15 years ago
    While the US trys to separate church and state, the political influence of religion is considerable. 18 year olds are encouraged to enlist in the military with promises of education assistance and lifelong medical care. Stip clubs are somewhat protected by the freedom of speech and expression guaranteed by the constitution. Alcohol has no constitutional protection and so is one area that religion does have an influence. In many states you cannot drink until you are 21, in some you can drink beer and wine, but not hard liquor. It is all a small price to pay to keep the religious zealots happy and divert them from more important matters.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    I think that in some ways it isn't a bad thing, over here teenage Brits are the heaviest drinkers in Western Europe. They are always binge drinking and have a terrible reputation throughout mainland Europe. It is a pity that religous people can't practice what they preach and show some tolerance towards people who enjoy things like visiting SC's etc.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "It is a pity that religous people can't practice what they preach and show some tolerance towards people who enjoy things like visiting SC's etc."

Not sure if it is a question of tolerance so much as paternalism. If alcohol kills 150,000 Americans yearly, then it is for many a no-brainer that government should restrict its consumption as much as possible or better yet ban it. The question or idea of tolerance may not even hit their radar because they're saving and protecting their fellow Americans. With stripclubs, again, the issue of tolerance may not even be an issue-----it is protecting people and families. One man blows his paycheck on a stripper instead of taking care of his family, then it is a no-brainer that government should protect those families by restricting or better yet banning stripclubs. Also, how many young women who could have happy lives as wives and mothers end up as drugged out strippers? Those young women need to be saved by government. Tolerance goes more towards hate the sin and love the sinner for some of these god fearing people---thus, they're true to their beliefs as to tolerance.

How many people on this board are tolerant toward allowing children to hunt without adult supervision? Yes, I can hear the yelping that government should be dictating toward children for their protection. Well, lo and behold many people believe government should be dictating toward adults for their protection.

• MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "I think that in some ways it isn't a bad thing, over here teenage Brits are the heaviest drinkers in Western Europe. They are always binge drinking and have a terrible reputation throughout mainland Europe."

The same thing has happened here whenever the drinking age has been lowered from 21 to 18 in certain states...the kids go wild & act irresponsibly, then the law gets changed back. I guess the system that we have over here allows younger people in the USA to gradually ease into their rights as an adult. You can generally drive a car here when you are in you mid-teens or so, then you can vote when you are 18, then you can drink legally when you are 21.
  • Digitech
    15 years ago
    To respond to the original post, I guess the official age is 21, but I doubt it would be hard to bend the rules.

I've only been to Washington Park once. I am younger than most here, though older than 21. I was never asked for an ID, and there was a sign by the door which stated a two drink minimum, and this wasn't enforced either. This was at 'Wise Guy's Pleasure Palace.' Just don't try to buy alcohol and you'll probably be okay.

At another club in central Missouri, when I *was* under 21, they also let me in without any ID check. This club did not serve alcohol, though, and so they are very lenient about who they let in. I have heard some people say that they were able to enter when they were under 18 and in high school.

My point is that the big concern is getting fined or shut down for serving alcohol to minors. Not protecting minors from looking at naked boobies. Just stay under the radar and as long as they let you in the door, you will probably be fine.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion