tuscl

Politics and economics

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Why is it that jablake, bookguy and a couple of others always have to turn a fun strip club discussion into a political or economic debate. Aren't there other boards where they could voice their views? I am tired of it.

21 comments

• txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    WTF is the problem with that? Always is an overstatement. Are you tired of it because it doesn't include subject matter you think s/d discussed? Who made you the arbitor of what s/b discussed? Most of your posting are lame diatribes of what a pears to be a lonely person trying to boost his self esteem in the eyes of others and keep referencint Gridget? Who cares about her besides you and 1 or 2 others. Maybe those discussion s/b elsewhere, she is not a stripper anymore.

If you are tired of it, don't read it. But then if you did, you might realize there are issues that can be discussed by strip club patrons that don't always have to include strippers. And as I had posted earlier, I never saw the rule that said we had to always discuss strippers and strip clubs. The threads evolve, maybe you need to evolve also.

• Dougster
    15 years ago
    They are just trying to impress each other by showing how clever they are. You do it too by bragging about how little you pay for dances, how the strippers really like you (really it's not just the money), and how you know so much about strip clubs. I won't put yourself above them just because you try to do the same thing they do but from a different angle.
  • jablake
    15 years ago

Shadowcat you had more than a little rant when it appeared the government was going to shut down your favorite stripclub. So what if the government shuts down your ideal of a good stripclub. I've had the local government shut down a bunch of little stripclubs until on W. Dixie Hwy there was only Angels left.

People want to yelp about a free market or a free country? Screw that bullshit. Really, let 'em close down your favorite stripclub and then I'll be happy to hear about your freedoms and how your fought freedom etc. You may say well what is the big deal?--You still have Angels and bunch of other clubs. The big deal is the little clubs on W. Dixie Hwy each had their own very unique culture. Angels isn't and never was a nudie cutie biker stripclub, but we had one just down the street. The vile government with its religious fanatics supported by "taxpayer" dollars shut it down. They did a lot of that bullshit. It is really a surprise that Angels was allowed to survive, but Angels really can't cater to a wide variety of interests. It is one small club that tries to accommodate everyone.

So, yes talking about politics and economics is important unless America magically becomes a free country, which I don't see happening in the foreseeable future. Perhaps recognizing the aforementioned twin issues might be the first step in keeping the government in check. Flag waving doesn't help one iota. Some pea brains would even deny the major role government can play in the stripclub market----they got some blindness that dictates it has to be a free market because this is America.

• txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    And you have to admit, some posts are pretty entertaining.

After reading my last one, I think we need to petition Founder to add a spell check function to the discussion board.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    txtittyfan,

Use Firefox, it has a spellchecker that works on TUSCL, as well as most sites.
  • jablake
    15 years ago

"Use Firefox, it has a spellchecker that works on TUSCL, as well as most sites."

Yes, it helps. :)
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Thanks Clubber, that is good to know.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    There's an "ispell" control that IE users can add for non-firefox users.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I just noticed, my IE has a spellcheck button that appears to work.

I feel like I just came out of the dark ages.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    the economy and strip clubs are certainly related and sure I'd like tits with my capital gains! Wouldn't it be great if we actually could make money going to a strip club.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    And it appears you can learn useful info not talking about strippers as I just did.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I knew that as soon as I hit the send button that I was going to generate some backlash. Point was that taking the topic off topic discourages others from adding to the discussion. I know that I don't have to read them and I don't.

As for my bragging. I have heard that before. But I can only wright what I know about. You don't have to read it either. But at least I keep it on the topic. Why not just start a new topic instead of derailing an existing one?

As for spell check. I use FireFox for my internet connection. It checks every thing that I type.
  • jablake
    15 years ago

Shadowcat, perhaps I'm wrong . . . didn't you first poke your nose complaining in a non-stripclub thread? Yes, later a true stripclub thread gotten involved in the political/economic debate.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    The only thing that keeps people from adding to a discussion is their reluctance to do it. It is very easy to redirect the discussion. As I said earlier, threads evolve, you can go with the flow or change it.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I finally took the time to look at some older threads I started in the last two weeks. Then I finally got to one where I asked if you thought the recession was going to be over next year. Holy cow, that's a long discussion now. Lol, I've done that before, I start something and then walk away and it goes on and on and on. If I don't want to read something I just don't click on the thread.
  • how
    15 years ago
    This thread's most valuable contribution to life on this planet: the awareness of Firefox's spell-check.

That's a worthy thread, in my book. Even though it's far less related to strip clubbing than economic matters.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    The ultimate problem is that you can post something, then someone can post a response, and then when someone else responds, it could be a response to the original poster, or it could be a response to the first responder and it just gets more confusing the farther from the beginning you get. Then, when someone goes off topic, everyone else seems to think they have to as well. That's just typical of the internet.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    how,

Well gee whiz, thanks! I've been using Firefox since it was brand new. As a former computer person, I was always checking out new things. Now, since I retired, I don't often check out new computer stuff, nor visit many clubs. :(
  • mmdv26
    15 years ago
    Hey cat, this board would get pretty boring if every topic was exclusively about strip clubs and dancers and ex-dancers. I can tolerate some diversion. I appreciate that many contributors have an impressive understanding of something in the world besides SC's, and I think I have probably learned something from them.

This group seems pretty good at being able to wander off course for a short while and then come right back to the purpose of the board - oftentimes in the same thread.

Don't mess with success.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    It takes a group of successful people to have enough discretionary income to make goinging to strip clubs a favorite hobby of theirs.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    A storm messed up my spelling that time. I was going to add that successful people often have more than one hobby or interest including a lot of knowledge about whatever they are successful at.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion