tuscl

How much do LD's really cost?

mmdv26
Florida
Sunday, June 7, 2009 4:40 AM
$20 each has been the standard for many years. Lately I am noticing a lot of $25 each on club info. I get the impression that at $25 there is frequently a quantity discount. Do you feel like an increase is making its way in to the clubs overall?

28 comments

• SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Cost keeps edging up to stay ahead of inflation and meet the needs of greedy owners and managers. I remember $5, then $10, now $20 and edging towards $25. Some clubs charge a $5 or $10 fee for the VIP and the dancer will demand a tip on top of the $25 LD. Whew, this can be rough in Detroit with all of the lay-offs.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    I find it strange how prices for dances can go up in the present economic climate.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    londonguy, Most in the US have ZERO economic understanding. That is why they raise prices. Just the opposite of what should be done.
  • KootchieKoo
    15 years ago
    Here in Memphis prices are higher, at the three clubs I go to, it's always $40 at one club, sure the management has forbidden them to charge less. At the other two clubs, where negotiation is possible, most have been $30 for one with a few asking $20 or $40. At one of these clubs (Christie's) when I went in the daytime a couple of weeks ago, one girl quoted $40 for one and said that most of them had upped their prices. I also don't see why the girls don't charge less, especially with the bad economy. On this last visit the girls were complaining about how "slow" it was, thought to myself that if they charged $20 instead of $40 they'd get alot more guys in the VIP. I'm not expecting to get laid for $1.98, but I think the LD prices here should be lowered and $20 seems about right. Although I recently met a great girl a my favorite club, am getting "clubbed out" and have cut back on my visits over the past year or so, tired of the high dance and beer prices when the quality of the girls and availability of extras here has gradually decreased since the closing of Platinum Plus in 2006.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Platinum Plus in my opinion has it figured out. They charge me less but I end up spending more. Then they don't waste their time walking around asking for dances as much. I get favorites that charge me better prices but other dancers seem to match that price to try to get dances. It's true I often pay $15 on average for a lap dance but I didn't get any better prices most of the time when I visited the Columbia location. Plus the club was a lot smaller and I do not like hunting for a seat with almost none available. Unfortunately I ran into so many favorites and other good looking dancers that I need to stay away from the clubs for awhile. I didn't expect to spend almost every dollar I had but it was fun. If one of your favorites says she'll dance the first song for free or some songs are free, even better. I guess some people would say my dance cost per lap dance was even smaller than the $15 I stated. Doesn't matter too much to me, she could have sat or talked with me for 30 minutes without doing any dances then dance for me at a more strict 2 for 30 and the dancer who gave me free dances would have gotten more money for the time she spent with me. Of course that keeps me interested in getting more dances later on.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    The page for my favorite club says that the average dance price is $25-30. This may be true after 8PM for the newbie suckers. But I routinely get 2 for $20 during the day shift with my favorite dancers. And I mean high mileage 2 way contact. They do admit to charging unknown customers more.I simply refuse to pay higher and dancers new to me know that I don't have to. They get the money by volume. It is the new dancers fucking it up by trying to make a killing on one song. They drive customers away. I have been quoted $40/dance. I just pass. Many favorites have quit and gone back to non strip club jobs because the money was just not there. The smart ones cultivate regulars and make big money through volume. If more guys would just read TUSCL and refuse high prices, the prices would drop.Get serious. $30 for 3 minutes of groping is foolish.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    Here is an interesting question (I hope). Who would be willing to pay an extra $5 or $10 if they knew they were going to get better mileage, e.g for an extra $5 or $10 she does a better dance and you can fondle her and for a basic $20 she just grinds on you with no touching?
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I have paid an extra 5-10 for better dances from some girls, and the dances really were not better than regular price for most girls. As a rule I think $20 per dance is my limit, and the basic law of diminishing return seems to aply for anything above. I remember the "eye candy" clubs of Az give pretty good friction dances for $10 that I consider much better than the $20 dances in Tx where most girls are not as attractive. It must really suck to be in the areas that charge more than $20 on a routine basis.
  • Ironcat
    15 years ago
    When approached by a dancer who wants 30 or 40 $ per dance I usually counter offer 2 for 30, they usually counter with 2 for 40, and I tell them I'll give them 2 for 30 plus a 10 dollar tip if the dance is good. They usually agree and I always get a good dance. Kind of like insurance. I have also noticed that when you decline some dancers they rapidly drop their price. I agree with Shadowcat, let the market establish the price (assuming the dancer has the latitude to set the price as is the case in my club).
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    londonguy: well yes but it is still a crap shoot. How do you know that they will deliver? Better to tip them after a job well done.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    I agree with you shadowcat. Doing it in this way may encourage better dances from girls overall, of course some won't give a damn either way.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "Most in the US have ZERO economic understanding. That is why they raise prices. Just the opposite of what should be done." Raising prices might be the smartest move. The businessman needs to know his customers. The wage slaves may not even be able to afford $5 dances during an economic down turn. Meanwhile the drug lord or attorney may see $50 or $100 dances as acceptable. So, yes raise the prices thru the roof if your wage slave clients are so poor that even dirt cheap dances are too much of a budget buster for 'em. Resell to the big boys who make real money. OTOH, if the wage slaves will start buying dances at $5, then a lot more money may be made by slashing prices. I don't think it makes much sense to slash dance prices in Coral Gables----for example-----might want to double or triple the prices and cater to those who see $100s as pocket change. Yes, there are people like that. There is Gambling dancer, for example. She wasn't shy about asking for $1,000s in Cutler Ridge. Why not? Her customers had money and she had what they wanted. Would it have been smarter for her to charge $20 an hour? :) It is funny that despite growing up extremely poor that she understood that the old men had money to throw away on the right product. She understood that a few thousand dollars was like $20s to a normal wage slave.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    Good point well made jablake. Dancers are no different to the rest of us in the sense that who would not pass on the chance to earn more money if they thought the market would pay it. As long as some guys are prepared to pay more then the girls will surely charge more. We, the customers must resist higher prices to keep them at their present level.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Not the way it works in economics, jablake. Perhaps, though, SC do not fall under normal economic "rules".
  • lane
    15 years ago
    I'll only cut a deal with clients if they buy a bulk of time or I know them and I know they are good, repeat biz.
  • lane
    15 years ago
    ShadowCat: remember that those day girls are able to cut YOU a deal, BECAUSE they are making $40 from the other guys and just be happy it's NOT YOU paying that! :)
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Just wondering how club management plays a part in allowing girls to negotiate? I know at one club nearly every girl would be willing to negotiate before but now with the new management (they were bought out by a chain) it seems like the girls are strict about the pricing. It is as if the management is taking a larger cut out of the dances now. One girl told me she would be losing money if she let me have 2 dances for $20 (the usual price is $60). Maybe I should just avoid this club now... Also it seems that the older/more mature dancers (about ages 25 and up) are much much more willing to lower the prices. The younger girls are still full of themselves and believe they are princesses/goddesses.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I'm sure guys think lane also cuts a deal for the good looking handsome guys...lol at least that is what they think!
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    lane, in defense of my girls. The day shift is made up of 90% single moms. They are mostly in the 7-9 range. They live in the area and do not move from to club. I have known some of them for 7 years.This makes most of them in their early 30's. I know them well and they know me. There is a lot of TRUST. I know their limits. Very few (not favorites) try to rip off customers on price or [view link] buddies do not have a problem getting my prices. See TUSCL_Brother's post above.Of course a lot of that is because of their connection to me.May 15th was my special friend's birthday. She met us at our hotel and Bro and I took her out for lunch. The next day she and another dancer had breakfast with us. She was dressed stunning both days. NO JEANS! This is why I have a favorite club and dancers. I do spend a lot of money there but get great value.
  • judyjudy
    15 years ago
    I have done a total of 8 LD'S in my life and I never negotiated a price prior to the dance. I agreed to dance when I was asked. Keep in mind I was not a regular at the club and was not walking around sliciting dances. I was approached by the guy in each and every case, and 3 of the times it was while I was sitting at my table. Anyway I never quoted a price and the least I recieved was 20.00 and the most was 50.00.
  • judyjudy
    15 years ago
    soliciting
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Bro, you know that I will be there!!!
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "Not the way it works in economics, jablake. Perhaps, though, SC do not fall under normal economic 'rules'." I hope you don't believe that an economic downturn equals lower prices. It might or it might not. A smart businessman looks at his customer base first and foremost. It matters diddly squat if the economy is in complete collapse. I'm sure you've heard of the term "stagflation." "stag⋅fla⋅tion   /stægˈfleɪʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [stag-fley-shuhn] Show IPA –noun an inflationary period accompanied by rising unemployment and lack of growth in consumer demand and business activity. Origin: 1965–70; b. stagnation and inflation" The stagflation period wasn't just stripclubs being stupid or other businessmen being stupid. It was about survival. In those dark days you could try and cut prices and your reward (depending on your customer makeup) may very well equal going out of business. Some smarty pants clearly saw that and pulled the trigger on raising prices sometimes drastically. I had very slow customers try an "educate" me about the economics of book selling. Their absurd idea was that lower prices equaled more sales-----that nonsense was tried and failed big time. Price hikes worked beautiful thanks to wealth inequality. Not saying that discount pricing can't be the right solution---some times that is the highly intelligent move. Depends on different considerations. I lost the poor customers forever. So what? With government making ever greater financial demands the poor customer's needs were a joke. Get the government out and suddenly those same poor customers may be worth doing business with. :)
  • KootchieKoo
    15 years ago
    This economic theory is wonderful, but the simple fact in my case is that I would spend more in the clubs here if a LD were $20 and not $30 or $40. There is a kind of double whammy: many nights I choose not to go at all and "boycott" the damn clubs and their prices. So it makes me go less, and when I do go, it makes me spend less on dances because I would be much more willing to "gamble" $20 on an unfamiliar dancer. That and simply receiving more bang for my buck with the ones I know.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    jablake, As I said, economics may work differently in a SC. And I did not say I, "...believe that an economic downturn equals lower prices." What you do to raise revenue is to lower prices. Just as cutting taxes brings in more revenue to the government. Works every time! Even JFK knew this!
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Just as cutting taxes brings in more revenue to the government. Works every time!" Except the last two times that the GOP did it while in the White House...ugh... "And, everyone should be envious of 'shadowcat' on his prices" ...except where LDs are *normally* $10/song...double ugh...
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "Just as cutting taxes brings in more revenue to the government." Sometimes that works beautifully and sometimes it doesn't work at all. I don't have any proof, but I'd bet that normally increasing taxes raises more money for government. However, at some point not only do disincentives come into play, but people try and game the system to "fight back."
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    jablake, Simply put, you are incorrect. BTW, how about those strippers?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion