tuscl

Strippers trying to get you to buy them dinner

OneAngryDwarf
Pennsylvania
Monday, May 25, 2009 9:52 PM
Anyone else experienced this in clubs that serve food? I find it rather annoying at best. Drinks and lap dances are one thing, but why would I buy dinner for a complete stranger, even if she happens to be a beautiful woman? Though of course I'm far too polite to say it out loud. If they are encouraged by management to do this to increase profits, well, that's even worse. I've experienced this twice with two different dancers in the same club--which is otherwise a very nice place, with many other dancers who aren't so pushy, so I keep going back. But I feel like I may have to be more aggressive if this keeps coming up...

16 comments

• Tucker40
    15 years ago
    More info please. Are you talking dinner for a food run (where she then goes in back to eat), dinner with you at a club that serves food, or dinner OTC?
  • Tucker40
    15 years ago
    Ah I see, it's an in the club dinner. There's only one place I've occasioned where that was an option. Chances are it's not a club push but a dancer initiative.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Dancers in Detroit clubs are agressive about drinks because there is an inflated dancer price for them--$11.00. I don't know if they get a cut of the drinks, but they sure do expect the customer to buy them. I have heard from dancers that they have to pay for their parking, drinks and meals in addition to house fees and "tip out." So, if a dancer can get a customer to buy her lunch or dinner, she's ahead. Some dancers will go OTC to get dinner just because they have been working all day and are hungry, making it clear that "it's just dinner OK?" They rely on a decent guy with good manners to feel sorry for them and feed them so they don't have to cut into their own cash. Don't fall for this nonsense. Dancers always make at least enough money to feed themselves, but will use any story they can to get a customer to feed them just to save money. A trick she learned in high school--flirt with a guy to get him to do her homework and leave him high and dry.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Some strippers I've known at clubs that serve good food said they would often have dinner with customers who appreciated the chance to dine with a hot companion. I assume this was at the customer's suggestion, but I bet most of those guys wouldn't mind if the girl asked. I don't remember ever being asked, but I've never had dinner in a club alone or with company, never wanted to. Dwarf, are you saying these strippers are just coming up out of the blue and pushing for you to buy them a dinner they would have on their own? Can't say I've ever heard of that one. That's just weird. I'd politely tell them to buzz off. For that matter, it's not clear - you are telling them no, aren't you? I hope.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    SuperDude, that sure hasn't been my experience at Flight Club, Playhouse or Trumps. Those are the only Detroit clubs I've been to in recent years. Flight Club was one I referred to in my above post. I can't remember the last time a stripper even asked me to buy her a drink there. I don't know whether we attract different types, or what.
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    I eat a lot of lunches at SCs. I've never been asked to buy a lunch. A few favs know I don't really like fries and I'll give them to them. Otherwise its never really happened to me. Chandler, I've been shook down for drinks at Trumpps, Playhouse, and FC, as well as every other joint in the 313. Please share your stripper-drink-canvass-squelching techniques.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    I've had a lot of ladies eat off of my plate, but I've never been asked to buy them anything.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Ha ha, Philip. I dunno, could it be as simple as never paying to sit in a booth? Maybe not coming off as a big spender comes naturally for me.
  • OneAngryDwarf
    15 years ago
    @chandler: No, I've never actually agreed to this; I just said something like "I already ate before coming in" or something like that (which is usually true anyways). I agree that I wouldn't mind the scenario you described--having (and paying for) a meal with a dancer after talking and getting to know her a bit first. But both times they've basically just gone and asked out of nowhere, the same way some just ask for lap dances out of nowhere--and like most folks here (I imagine), I'm not a fan of hard-selling.
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    When I go to a strip club the first thing I do is open a tab. I let any dancer drink as much as they like on me. I can't recall a time when a dancer has just come out and asked me to buy them a meal but I would if one ever asked. When I'm at the strip club if I decide to have a meal I always offer to buy a meal for anyone sitting with me. Never considered it a burden or a rip off to buy a drink or meal for anyone. I've always found that ITC meals can lead to OTC meals and other OTC activities.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I think that all 40+ Atlanta clubs and for that matter every club in GA are required to serve food if they serve alcohol. I can only remember . two times that I have ordered a meal. I don't go to clubs for food. I have never had a dancer to ask me to buy her a meal. My favorite club in SC does not serve food except a free buffet every Wed Thu & Fri. I buy then. LOL. I cannot remember how many dancers that I have bought meals for OTC. Twice recently with 3 dancers. But I was always the one doing the asking.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I once had a girl come out of the blue to ask me to buy her dinner once at a small club in Kansas once. Of the 5 girls dancing, she was the one who didn't give me a lap dance, despite being the best looking girl there.
  • lane
    15 years ago
    That's sick guys... seriously... here's my opinion... First off, I work in a club that serves a full restaraunt style menu, lunch, dinner, desert, etc. I AVOID all men while they worder food... quite frankly because I think it's RUDE... actually the waitress' will tell you "oh, he just ordered, I'll let you know when he is done" so that things like this (people thinking you want to eat with them) will not happen, my club is VERY strict on this... we are allowed to order food but at NO time are we allowed to be eating on the "floor" (it's like chewing gum or talking on a cell phone, it's just tacky) Most importantly I am APPAULED at the women that would want to eat in front of you... are they just fucking stupid? (don't answer...) You are sexy, you are a fantasy you are everyman's dream, and I'm not sure about you guys but I am pretty sure that everyman's dream does not include seeing some naked girl spill food all over her... disgusting...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Never had food at a club that wasn't free, either from the kitchen or a buffet. Only dancer that ever asked for foo was my ATF. When she came to work one day, she went in and talked to the owner, came out and asked me to take her to dinner so we could talk. I did and she had quit and had other problems she wanted to discuss. Never was a problem with me to treat her, even though she would always offer to pay for her own.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    itc = in the club otc = outside the club
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Lane, good points. The girls at my favorite club frequently order out. Usually pizza but they always eat it in the dressing room and freshen their breath before coming back out.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion