tuscl

Best Bet in Northern OH / Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown?

jdoggy
2nd booth from the stage
Monday, May 18, 2009 10:21 PM
I've got a road trip coming up soon and I'll be crashing (not literally I hope) midway at a hotel/motel midway overnight someplace in the Northern OH area... final destination is Grand Rapids MI.

Can you guys recommend the best place in the Northern OH area to plan my layover, so I can find a club and partake of some medium to high mileage entertainment?

I should be arriving around 9pm on a Tuesday night.

Thanks much!

3 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    Amber's Cabaret
    13311 Brookpark Rd
    Cleveland, Ohio 44142

or

Fantasyland West
    5390 Lincoln Hwy
    Bucyrus, Ohio 44820
    Route 30 between Bucryrus and Crestline, Ohio

Those are the two places are well reviewed on here...I would check out those places.

Good luck!
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Amber Lounge as recommended above, can be fun. I prefer days, but you can still find some fun at night. It's in Brookpark, Oh near the Cleveland airport. It's situated off I-480. If you're coming in from the east, get off at W. 130 St. Turn left at the end of the ramp onto W 130 and then right at the next light onto Brookpark. The TUSCL map is accurate other than these ramp details. If you're coming from the west, you want to exit at W. 150/130 which is different from the one coming in from the east. At the end of this ramp you turn left directly onto Brookpart Rd. to get to Amber Lounge. The motels near here are below average. You can drive north a coule mile on W. 150th and find a Marriott if that suits you better.

Bugsy in Elyria is about 20 miles west of the airport area but is right off the Ohio Turnpike/I-80 which is also convenient for your trip up to Grand Rapids. Choose carefully. Amber Lounge is a wanna be gentlemens type club. Bugsy's is just a bare bones dance bar with girls who provide great fun. I like both places. You just have to decide what place fits your mood. The Bucyruss place is so far off the beaten path that I don't recommend it for your trip. It's a sure thing but not necessarily that much fun. The Palace in the Pines is on the far side of Youngstown, OH and can be reached with a reasonable detour off I-80. It's not a club place at all, but a juice bar. Nothing fancy. Haven't been there in a while. It's in the middle of nowhere but can be fun on the right night. If you want more of a party atmosphere, your best chance to find that is Amber Lounge.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    I had fun in Akron at the clubs that have $5 dances at your barstool. I was surprised by how many cute young dancers there were with a lot of two-way contact, although I get the feeling that can be hit-or-miss. At Bottom's Up, which is a nude juice bar, they're allowed to flash more than at the places that serve alcohol, where they keep their tops on. I didn't find the upstairs dances to be worth the extra cost.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion