tuscl

Ultimate review

SuperDude
Detroit, Michigan
Can we get the thugs out of strip clubs? Look at this from The Metro Times of Detroit--http://metrotimes.com/culture/story.asp?…. Makes me think that I should be more careful and selective.

10 comments

• SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Didn't mean to post twice. Sorry.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    from my experience the thugs come to the strip clubs because the strippers have a ton of cash to spend on drugs or they are ex/current boyfriends. What came first, the drug addict strippers or the drug dealing thugs? I think it is the former.
  • jablake
    15 years ago

I prefer the dives. A depressing article, imo. This society has too many laws and the stripclub is a small enclave or at least use to be from that. A woman is giving head? Call out the National Guard or at least the local SWAT. Don't laugh. Angels has been raided by SWAT. Just fun for those with the firepower and authority. What about the drugs some nitwit may yelp? Gee, maybe recriminalizing alcohol will reduce the drugs . . . Of course, then there is the propaganda about Al Queda in the clubs. I'd say ban beards problem solved, but supposedly the "terrorists" were clean shaven.

My 2 cents is I'd prefer just to see 'em shuttered than regimented.

• arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    putting up with thugs and jablake is part of the cost of doing business
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "putting up with thugs and jablake is part of the cost of doing business"

Really? What about just building more prisons? Or, at the very least allow police officers to ticket a range of behaviours. The Stripclub Code could be modeled after The Motor Vehicle Code. No grabbing titties, no blow jobs, no drugs, stay at least 3 feet away from the dancers, etc. Just as speeding tickets and the like generate revenue for government, moral tickets and the like could generate revenue for government. Democracy and freedom in action.

As far as adorable jablake, there is always the ignore assuming you don't think prisons and tickets can get the job done.

The stripclubs need more thugs and fewer upscale gentlemen, imo.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Thugs carry guns and have been known to shoot other customers who monopolized their girl friends.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Hi SuperDude,

Don't monopolize their girl friends! :) That is more than a little humor. The thug boyfriends can get upset if you seem to actually want more than just sex and their woman is responding. So if a customer is actually concerned about that, then best to cool it.

Two points: First, the link you posted seemed to be about a club that was basically taking the fun out of strip clubbing. Sure there are degrees. I actually prefer an R rated club to a triple XXX. I'm not looking for hardcore. However, some might see titty grabbing as hardcore. I've been in clubs where there is no titty grabbing. Doesn't have any appeal to me, but maybe no titty grabbing floats most customers' boats. Second, it is probably far more risky to drive to the stripclub than there is risk of getting shot by a thug. I go to the so called shooting galleries. My "buddy" white boy (a nice young guy) was gunned down in the front of Angels. Cocos has been shut down a few times due to shootings that have left multiple people dead. RolLexx, gee even dancers give the look are you crazy?!, when I tell 'em that I visit the RolLexx. Sounds real scary, right? What is scary by comparison is the blood spilt along the travel route to get to these clubs or even the travel route to get to the local mall. It is something like 50,000 dead Americans every year due to traffic accidents and over a 100,000 dead Americans every year due to medical incompetence.

So yes thugs do increase the risk of death, but like motor vehicles perhaps they are worth the trade off. The dancers who are less inclined toward extras or thug boyfriends may be less fun depending on your idea of fun. For example, I don't consider $20 lap dances fun because it is outside of my budget and generally you get a higher class dancer. You may laugh and says $20 for a lap is very reasonable and best to keep that price and higher standards. Fine and maybe you'll feel the same when standards are raised and the price goes to a mere $50 per lap dance. For some customers a $100 a lap is fine because they only need a single lap dance to be happy or because a $100 is pocket change to them.

• jablake
    15 years ago

My "buddy" Gambling dancer has a whole family history of very violent male thugs. Her daddy has spent much more time in the governments' cages than "free." In a different time and place with white skin more than likely he'd just be considered one of the good old boys and not a violent felon. Funny how that works. Anyway, Gambling dancer is shocked that I'm not afraid of any of her violent male relatives. Well, except for their long criminal histories and skin color, they could be my relatives. My relatives were very willing to spill blood and the normal reaction of police was to basically shrug or say don't be doing that in the future! LOL. The police were very good people. :) In fact, I'd say my relatives (mother's side only) were much more dangerous than Gambling dancer's male relatives and yet for the most part they weren't seen as thugs. Didn't make no never mind that they were carrying guns and willing to use 'em right quick neither. Time, place, and culture made all the difference in labelling and perception. True, you could get some anti-gun nuts/liberals who'd see 'em as thugs, however, by and large that was a tiny minority view.

• MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    That article is classic..."sell the sizzle, not the steak"...LOL!!
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "That article is classic...'sell the sizzle, not the steak'...LOL!!"

I've never been a fan of selling the sizzle, but it can work. I remember a buddy who loved Fords. It made no sense and what was surprising is that he agreed the Fords were garbage, but that was unimportant. He wasn't a "value" shopper when it came to cars. He might also feel right at home in a no touch club with the right amount of glitz and sizzle.

Jablake's wisdom: Keep the sizzle for the tourists or those with money to blow. I'd rather be eating raw bloody steak with the thug's occasional bullets whizzing by. A very fun thug club was Club Honeys (deceased)----I didn't visit too often because it was ringed by law enforcement. It was a true sight to behold. A relatively small club and an army of police. The strippers were often fresh out of a government cage and ready for some male attention.

Get rid of the thugs? Wash your mouth out with a healthy dose of soap and water!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion