Offtopic- Who are you picking for the NCAA basketball tournament?

DandyDan
North Iowa
I frankly have no idea but I picked in various contests I've seen UConn, North Carolina and Memphis. I'm not sure you could do it based on strip clubs, either.

6 comments

• how
    16 years ago
    Picking a Big East team to win this season would not be a bad move...
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Check which team has the "should be strippers" cheerleaders!
  • minnow
    16 years ago
    Hope you don't mind me going off thread, but... My college isn't in there, so I'm not picking anybody. Of the 4 cities that I'd like to watch the semis in, based on the known strength of stripclubs would be a close tie between Indy & Phoenix(Glendale in western section of PHX). Indy has more mileage, but not as many clubs, or dancer attractiveness as Phoenix. I've not been to Memphis, but it sounds like a good joker in the deck, given the wild tales on one hand, and intermitent raids on the other hand. Boston is the weakest of the 4. Although I'm sure some Boston sports fans have adjourned to Providence clubs, I'm mainly looking for a quick drive/reasonable cab fare distance. Of the elimination round cities, I'd pick Miami, Philadelphia, Dayton, & Portland in that order.
  • Go to kenpom.com. Their efficiency ratings have been eerily accurate in predicting the winner.

I myself will stray a bit. I say Memphis over Gonzaga, with Louisville and Duke rounding out the Final Four.
  • how
    16 years ago
    Someyoung, this Duke team does not make the F4--bank on it. They are too dependent on one thing (long-range jumpers), and that accounts for their inconsistency this season. Four-in-a-row in a do-or-die scenario against tourney-caliber competition is not happening for them.

Memphis has the horses, but remains untested since their conference is completely worthless.

Louisville won the regular-season and tourney in the toughest conference, so they should be favored. However, I've watched them play several times...they have great talent, but lack basketball IQ (or any IQ).
  • rockie
    16 years ago
    Louisville/No Carolina/Pittsburgh/Memphis - Final 4. Louisville/No Carolina Final. North Carolina = champs!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion