tuscl

Flashdancer

This is for those who really like to see a dancer onstage, and not just a bored stripper slowly twirling a pole. I was at Houston Dolls tonight and there's a new dancer there named Sapphire. Sapphire likes to dance, and dance she does. This girl has incredible moves and she lights up the stage everytime she goes up. The club comes to a stop and the dancers whoop it up.

Sapphire says she's self taught and considers herself a dancer and not a stripper. Actually, she'd like to be a singer, but life is what happens when you make other plans.

Anyway, once again, if you want to see something special, and you're within driving distance of North Houston, make it a point to drop by.

8 comments

• arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    life is what happens WHILE you ARE MAKING other plans
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

John Lennon (1940 - 1980), "Beautiful Boy"

http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/l…
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    There was a dancer at the Memphis Platinum Plus, 7 years ago named Lil Bit. She could dance up a storm. The crowd around the stage was so massive, you could not get near it to tip her. Later she passed by me and I stopped her. I complimented her and tipped her. 4 or 5 years ago she worked at the Columbia Platinum Plus for a brief time. Gone but not forgotten.
  • samsung1
    16 years ago
    I think in just about every field being enthusiastic gives you an advantage over those who are boring. Some dancers I get dizzy just watching them.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I hate it when strippers take themselves seriously about their "dancing" skill. Even if they DO have some kind of choreographic expertise and movement training, I don't give a fuck. I want them to be slinky, sexy, and skinny (to the right proportion). Anything else is distraction, and also (generally) clear indication that she doesn't know what I want. Or, what men in general want. If she's busy doing a professional hip-hop-video on stage, or a really carefully pre-planned Broadway musical, my boner is shrinking because she's by definition busy saying with her movements, "I don't try to turn on men, I try to turn on myself."
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    No, let me put that differently. "I don't try to turn on men, I try to enjoy being a performer whose artistry deserves your attention for its own special function, not for the fact that I can give you an orgasm."
  • Frankly, I would prefer to have a stripper who wanks my pee-pee, but even I can appreciate the thought going into a stage routine. Here in Minneapolis there was (maybe is?) a woman at the Deja Vu named Simone who could fuckin' dance. Sexy as hell, pierced nipples, flexible as a pipe cleaner, and didn't mind using a guy's ice cubes or cigarette (before the state smoking ban) as props.

I went to Sinners late last year (I will have a review), and most of the girls there are spinners who get by on their stage routines. A lot of them are good, although they still have a ways to go to match Simone at the Vu or this Sapphire.
  • gk
    16 years ago
    For what it's worth, in the theme of this post---

One of my former ATFs who became a personal friend (and who has since left this earth) always told me she danced for herself. Now maybe this answer isn't the right one for every dancer or every customer. But my friend always selected her own music so she could set the context for a good time. But while admitedly dancing to please herself, she know what she was doing, knew where she was and always managed to do the most important things:

--she carried herself as the sexiest dancer in the club,
    --she always had a natural come-fuck-me look on stage,
    --she looked you in the eye and flirted with you if you sat at the stage,
    --she told you with her moves that she wasn't a prud and would show you a good time later,
    --she was always professional and athletic about her stage moves,
    --she always danced her best no matter what her "real" mood,
    --because of the above she was always the one with the most customers teed up for her private lap dances VIPs,
    --and even though she was a "star" so-to-speak, she didn't let it get to her head, she always put the customer first.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion