tuscl

Does a stealing stripper always upset you?

I think the obvious answer is HELL YES!!! And, what a STUPID QUESTION!!! :)

I was thinking about an incident in my bookstore years ago. A customer was stealing used textbooks and it was easy to see it from the ceiling mirror.

Another customer who I'd been having a nice conversation with (despite his insanity (imho)) was completely zero tolerance when it came to theft of any kind. My feeling was more ambivalent. I didn't like the theft, but figured at least he is stealing textbooks and hopefully he wants to educate himself. And, I was happy that someone actually wanted the textbooks enough to want to steal them! :) (I'd never sold any and they were just costing me money taking up shelf space.)

As far as stealing strippers there have been very rare incidents where I wasn't upset. Usually it is when the dancer has sent me to heaven AND my money isn't particularly tight. Also, sometimes I can see a person really struggling either because the club is slow or they're just homely or whatever, but again if my money isn't particularly tight the stealing or attempted stealing doesn't bother me.

I'll always remember this super straight 100% law and order young man. He didn't look tough or strong and with his medium length hair and cheap clothing he actually looked a little counter-culture. The reason I remember him is because of the shock I'd received when I learned he had an arrest record which given his zero tolerance mentality didn't make a bit of sense. His crime? He'd actually got into a fight with a couple of police officers! Anyway, even with an arrest record and receiving the losing end in his fight with the officers, he was still 100% pro law and order with zero tolerance. His wife and brother-in-law were "bad apples," which made his hard views even more incongruent. (Despite his stated zero tolerance views, when it came to women he was actually very sympathetic or even overly sympathetic.) His wife was unknown to him a sometimes stripper---she was something else. :)

8 comments

• Cougar289
    16 years ago
    I got fleeced by a dancer in New Jersey in which she took my wallet. I realized my wallet was missing within 30 seconds from leaving the private area. I immediately went back and she was gone and my wallet was on the ground with $300 gone. Truly pissed.

In St. Louis I’ve dropped my wallet and returned hours later to pick it up with all the money still there. I drop money on the floor all the time and they are always quick to tell me that I dropped my money.

Stealing strippers will always piss me off because there will most likely be a way for them to earn it from me the right way. When money is tight for some of these girls I advance them money for future services they will give me (kind of like a gift card).
  • ozymandias
    16 years ago
    The issue I have with stealing isn't about money, it's about time.

If I make $200 an hour, and someone breaks into my house and steals, say, a Macbook Pro that's lying on my coffee table ($2000), they just stole 10 hours of my time - they may as well have locked me in a dark room with nothing to read or do for ten hours... THAT pisses me off.

Money and stuff is easy to replace - but once time is gone, that's it. You can't bank it, you can't decide to arbitrarily lengthen your life to replace it, it's GONE. Losing it for nothing pisses me off highly.

If a stripper rips off a customer, she's transferring time from him to herself - she now has to work less, and he's lost the financial benefit from having worked earlier.

O.

btw the textbook thief almost certainly wasn't interested in being educated; textbooks are a popular target for shoplifting because there are specific venues for unloading them (college bookstore buybacks and, nowadays, certain websites) and they have pretty good trade-in value, sometimes up to half the cover price (which can be north of $100 for textbooks!)
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    They were very old textbooks. :) And, I had students as customers who would buy other books for school----generally classics. One exception was that grammar book that is thin and small. Elements of Style? Couldn't keep that sucker in stock.

My home is flooded with "worthless" books where I almost wish for a thief to come take 'em. Most hated, imo, are hardcover Reader's Digest.

The way you equate money with time it seems like for *you* they're equals. I don't mind wasting time because I've been well trained by the government to do all manner of stupid time wasting bs. For example, just recently I needed some type of letter costing $5 to prove that the LLC was real. The government lady said the letter MUST have the seal and that I could get it online. Government lady could have looked up the LLC online, but NO collecting the extra $5 for the government was required. So, I find what I think is the letter---it is called something like Certificate of Status, but it also says you can't get the sealed version online! You need to write a letter and mail it and waste more time. So, I call up to try and find out how to get the sealed version in an easier manner. No, there is no easy manner if you want it sealed. I give up and order the $5 letter plus fee of 75 cents to see if that will work. Bingo! I get lucky and government lady is happy. Oops, now government lady has a bs request for a compelete list of the business's wholesalers??? Geez, there aren't any wholesalers yet because the business is just getting started. Whatever, my lady friend will create a wholesaler list----anything to keep government lady happy as possible. She like pretty much any government worker is the boss.

• Dudester
    16 years ago
    A looker once ripped me off for 200. I learned not to pay in advance.

When I was a hotel asst. manager, I formed an alliance with the security guard for the topless joint across the street. One night, he called me over because he had a semi chaotic situation on his hands. While he dealt with one situation, I dealt with the other.

A 20ish (white) stripper, on her first night got loaded. She was in no way ready to drive home. I located a cab driver I trusted, but a black stripper and her husband were trying to get her car keys away from her to "drive her car home". A tug of war broke out and I had to get ugly to get the keys. The white stripper got her keys the next day and quit that club.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Ask Vitter ...
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Does it, I've no idea, since it has never happened. On the other hand, I've had them be very honest. That said, and based on the honest history, I would say it would upset me.

TUSCL_Brother,

Maybe it wasn't the stripper and YOU did leave it there, although that is not an excuse for it's disappearance.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    TUSCL_Brother,

I have left my glasses in a private room a couple of times, but who would steal glasses? I've also left something else, but didn't want it anyway. Let her take care of that.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    I've had dancers at one club watch me open my wallet to pay a drink tab and reach in and grab a 420 for a tip. Management claimed it didn't happen. Now, when I go to this club, rarely, I don't carry a wallet and put my cash in two pockets, one heavy and one light. Change amounts in pockets in the mens room. This ritual was worth it, only because I was trying to keep in touch with a hot ATF. The stealing or even the threat of it, really bothered me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion