So, I've only started going to strip clubs in the Los Angeles/Orange County area last year. Before that, I've been going to strip clubs in Phoenix and Tucson for 2 years prior to that. I've noticed that the strip clubs in LA/OC are very VIP room/extras focused which is interesting. I'm not sure why the clubs here are heavily incentivized to skew towards VIP rooms + extras. But, as for the liveliness of the club (dancers and patrons) - the clubs here in this part of SoCal are so dead at any given time and day of the week. It seems like you'll see anywhere between 3 - 10 customers at any one given time at any day in SoCal. But, in Phoenix and Tucson - at any given time, for the most part that is you will see at least 15 other customers and seemingly more dancers per shift. Is this because there are more clubs in the SoCal area or what? Is it the cost of living? The difference of the strip club scene in LA/OC and Phoenix is like night and day for real.


Replies (27)Latest
The Hawthorne/Inglewood and COI clubs aren’t fun any more?
@sfrsox I usually go to the clubs in the COI and fun is really just like one day of the week, just whenever the specials days are going on lol
Ever since COVID the strip club scene here has just died. It sucks but if you want an explantion just talk to dancers or look at rent and inflation. Even a studio here is now $2k/mo along with everything else is so much more, dances are too but customers don't show up to the clubs as often. Tijuana is also only a few hours away. Same for Vegas which gives you a lot more options for the same price or even less.
The best dancers head out to Vegas for weekend. They make more, more customers and well no extras either.
@Nixur68 Dude, the move might be to check out Las Vegas clubs. It just sucks that the local clubs to me are so shit. And, I find that most of the dancers in the COI area just aren't very attractive. I was like, dude - this is the LA area, there's no way most dancers are average to below average in looks.
@thottiusmaximus I do occasionally or goto Phoenix.
I was in LA this week and observed the same thing. My bet is that there are enough rich guys that dancers can live well off a couple vips a night. 4 play wanted 1200/hr and the girls want a tip on top of that. Do that 4 times a week and life is pretty easy.
@dannyboy3 Yeah I figured that most if not all SoCal clubs operate this way too. It's all about the VIP rooms. I've been going to COI clubs and they all seem to be pushing the VIP rooms (some dancers won't even do regular lap dances).
For what it's worth I occassionaly checkout SR DTLA, 4Play or The Library. Everything else is well... you know what happens in those places and each to their own.
The rates for LA on tryst are surprisingly reasonable: tryst.link . Are the lower rates probably just a starting point for upselling?
Yes, there's a significant difference between Pre and Post Covid. Depends on the type of girl and the action you are looking for to determine your level of enjoyment.
VIP room with extras is where many girls make their money. Makes sense this is the emphasis. True, IMO, the variety and attractiveness of dancers has taken a hit. There are still some head-turners. Also generational social skills plays a part. I have found many of the dancers from 10 years ago were more socially adept where as many of the "newer" girls are used to digital devices and the human 1-on-1 skills need upgrading.
I still have a good time but I don't usually frequent clubs within the Los Angeles City limits. COI, Upland, and some clubs in the general Anaheim area are more fun to me these days. It's interesting to note the prospective of a visitor from out of state as opposed to a local.
@oscarlomax Which clubs in COI, Upland, and Anaheim area would you recommend visiting? I've been to Synn, Paradise, Rhino COI, and Imperial Showgirls.
I've been to the clubs you mentioned. I've also been to Tropical Lei in Upland. Less frequently I've gone to TJ's in Anaheim years ago and again in 2020. In 2020 most clubs were shut down except for TJ's and Imperial in Anaheim which was then party central. Because it was the only big game in town, dancers from all over flocked there and it from late 2020 until other clubs started opening up around mid 2021.
I've also been to Rio which is not far away from all the black clubs (King Henry, Barbary Coast & Starz) that are all closed now. Rio is in the same family of clubs as Imperial, Synn, and Paradise. VIP/extras are emphasized. It's only open Thurs-Sat. nights and closes @5:00 am. Good thing about Rio, Synn, Paradise & Rhino is that they post roll calls so you can see who's in the club to help you decided if you want to roll in or not.
@oscarlomax How is Tropical Lei and TJ's? I've never been. Would you recommend going to these two clubs? I usually go day shift. Sometimes night shift.
@oscarlomax King Henry is closed now? Why? Boooo.
@sfrsox King Henry shut down when the Pandemic hit and never re-opened.
@thottiusmaximus Tropical Lei can be fun. I enjoy myself usually on Friday nights. Something for everybody. TJ---haven't been there in 6 years. They did some remodeling. I heard they bought the space next door and expanded their VIP rooms. Haven't been to check it out. TL during the day is probably--well---I haven't gone in the daytime for a couple of years. Saturday during the day could sometimes be interesting. Mostly older women working dayshift there from what I remember.
@oscarlomax They should have reopened under name Court Jester Henry then. Pathetic. Where did those girls go?
@sfrsox Scattered to the wind. Some ended up at Boss Lady's (Snoop's wife's club) and others went to a semi underground club called Milan. Others---I have no idea.
Sorry, typing fast. ..."dancers from all over flocke there and it lasted from 2020 untill the other clubs started opening up around mid 2021."
I know the girls hate this AB5 stuff, maybe they've just had enough.
Strip clubs in LA, including Industry, have been dead for close to 5 years. Most strip clubs here operate on what economists call the 80/20 rule. 80 percent of its business comes from 20 percent of their clientele, which means whales/regulars make up for most of their slow days. For example, a well respected dancer at the Rhino Industry mentioned they still make about 70k per week from the “older crowd” as young generation simply don’t attend strip clubs anymore and/or don’t spend any money if they do go.
As for the dancers, they rely on the same principle as well which is why the majority sell extras or persuade certain high value regulars to engage in sugar daddy or OTC relationships, which again, hurts the club when a dancer is netting regulars. Just last year, a gorgeous dancer who works out of California Girls in Anaheim mentioned that she had a divorced man paying her car note and another sugar daddy helping with her rent (part of the deal is she can’t work more than two days a week). It’s the new norm. And the dynamics are changing, the question is, for how long?
@StevenMood55 Oh wow, thanks for the detailed response. I never really thought about it that way. I'm in my late 20's so it makes sense why I see most dancers approaching and sticking with older guys (mainly 40/50+ year old dudes). So basically, the strip club scene in LA is not something for me then lol. I just wonder what strip clubs and the scene around it will be like in 10 years. A lot of these younger dancers are really bad at socializing and basically doing what a stripper is supposed to do. I've heard dancers 15-30 years ago were way better looking and better at socializing/selling.
@StevenMood55 70K per week? 3.5 million per year?
@ilbbaicnl yes, easy. especially the Rhinos. as slow as they look they can still net 3-6 grand on any given day just off VIP dances which are 225 a pop
@StevenMood55 Even if they made $500 an hour steady, they'd have to work 20 hours a day, 7 days a week to make $70K.
@ilbbaicnl no not the dancer, the club makes that.
@ilbbaicnl i’m referring to the club. not the dancer. the club makes 70k per week.
Join the conversation
Sign in to reply to this discussion.