tuscl

Assisted Suicide in the US

Don't click on this link if you are depressed or suicidal: https://x.com/i/status/18400774231628926…

How do the rest of you feel about legalizing assisted suicide in the US?

Personally if someone is in extreme pain with Cancer or another disease that will kill them with no hope for recovery I am okay with it. But if it is allowed how do you keep all the people who are just depressed from signing up for it?

17 comments

• StripClubXpert
    13 days ago
    If you do click on the link, click on the video that says "This cartoon is not for children"
  • Puddy Tat
    13 days ago
    That cartoon is right, Canada has gone from legalizing it to marketing it. They're even teaching about it to children.

What happens when Blue Cross or Medicare will pay for assisted suicide but not long-term care or cancer therapy?

That's what scares me, the left tells everyone that the "slippery slope" is bullshit, then a few years later we're a mile down that slope. It happened when gay marriage (which I supported long before Barack Obama did) gave way to hormonally and surgically mutilating children, which gave way to children dancing provocatively for the sexual gratification of adult men and legitimization of pedophiles as "minor-attracted persons."
  • ilbbaicnl
    13 days ago
    If somebody qualifies for hospice, only make sense they should have the option of suicide.

It's dangerous to seek care for a mental health problem: https://www.wfla.com/8-on-your-side/tamp… . People in Canada are worried the government will push assisted suicide for non-terminal patients to reduce health care spending: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article… .
  • boomer79
    13 days ago
    There is a place for it but if shouldn’t be pushed. If I were suffering terribly and knew there wasn’t hope I might very well consider it.

There is a big difference though between pushing it and respecting someone’s wishes.
  • jaybud999
    13 days ago
    @puddy

Stop channeling your grandfather with that kids dancing around bullshit. Let me guess, a “dirty criminal illegal” ate your pet, took your job (you and I both know they can’t even touch your job….and I don’t know shit about you), and is the blame for the problems in your life (which you don’t have relative to the world). Those dirty dems are controlling your weather as well (that’s some gammm level stupid).

If someone wants to off themselves because we’ve exhausted everything we have, and they’re done, what the fuck is the problem with that? King James semantic blockage? What?
  • wallanon
    13 days ago
    There isn't anything wrong with being concerned that impressionable people may be convinced to take the easy way out from their lives it seems fashionable enough. If doctors can charge insurance to painlessly kill someone and pass on the cost of body disposal (that can then be claimed by another company) then recycling people ends up being a profitable service for all occasions. Maybe it can even solve world hunger...

https://youtu.be/b2aH9tu4s30
  • Puddy Tat
    13 days ago
    @jaybud - Trolling Rejected: Incoherent
  • ilbbaicnl
    13 days ago
    When you read about how many botched executions there have been, maybe assisted suicide is not a step up from do it yourself.
  • Icey
    12 days ago
    Im against in. Just like im against hospices. Itll be abused. Insurance companies will push it to save money on treatments. Families may push it for nefarious reasons ie hasten life insurance payouts revenge etc. it would also affect life insurance policies.

• Puddy Tat
    12 days ago
    ^ Wow, i agree with Icey on something. Is that a comet in the sky?
  • Icey
    12 days ago
    We have hospital ethics committees pushing to take people off life support, claiming treatment does harm, pushing patients out to make room for patients they can milk more, rationing healthcare basically. Assisted suicide as an option for for profit hospitals and insurance companies would be a disaster. Especially for those with no or bad insurance. Those on gov assistance. The indigent. Its eugenics
  • twentyfive
    12 days ago
    Just because something can be used poorly doesn’t mean you make it unavailable, there are times when it is can be a blessing, strong guidelines are needed to make sure that this can not be abused, but throwing the baby out with the bath water isn’t the answer.
  • gammanu95
    12 days ago
    As I recall, Canada was offering suicide to Canadian veterans through their equivalent of the VA. That's how fucked up Canada is.
  • misterorange
    12 days ago
    It should be offered daily to every prisoner serving life without parole. Even if only 2% percent do it, we'll save a shit ton of money.
  • TheSingularity
    12 days ago
    I see no issue with it. Freedom of choice
  • Studme53
    12 days ago
    I agree with allowing assisted suicide for people who are dying in pain and have the mental capacity to decide.
    I don’t agree with the state allowing it for people who are depressed, have a diminished quality of life, lost the ability to care for themselves, don’t want to be a burden on others, and/or don’t have the capacity to decide for themselves.
    That’s a very slippery slope to euthanizing the disabled. Pagan cultures and Nazi Germany did it. We should not.
  • jaybud999
    11 days ago
    "It should be offered daily to every prisoner serving life without parole. Even if only 2% percent do it, we'll save a shit ton of money."

How in the fuck am I in agreement with Punkin' head?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion