tuscl

Oakland, California

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Is Oakland the worst city in America?

The A’s have played their last game in Oakland. Five years ago the Raiders, A’s, and Warriors all played their home games in Oakland. All are gone.

TUSCL lists no clubs in Oakland

I’ve read In-and-Out Burger closed and left.

Rent a car and the agents will tell you don’t stop for gas in Oakland.

And the rumor is someone famous is from Oakland.

The demise of a American city

11 comments

• Muddy
    5 days ago
    Yes
  • Muddy
    5 days ago
    Let me say this though Las Vegas is a terrible place for an mlb team. It’s not like the other sports, you gotta sell 30K tickets 82 times a year. Vegas is not a big market and once you leave the Vegas metro theres nothing but empty desert. Where are these fans coming from? I would’ve went to Sacramento or Salt Lake City. Or go eat to Nashville to Charlotte.
  • Studme53
    5 days ago
    Probably be more fans of whoever the LV As at their ballpark. I’d go there to visit Vegas and watch the Phillies. I’ll never go to Oakland.
  • Jascoi
    5 days ago
    I live 100 miles Southeast of Vegas in the empty desert... And I have no interest in these sports teams.
  • motorhead
    5 days ago
    ^^

You’re not a retired LA cop are you?

I took a Grand Canyon bus tour once and the driver was a retired LA cop who moved to the desert off the grid in the middle of no where. No neighbors. Self sufficient. Earns a few bucks giving tours. Super interesting guy to talk to.
  • Mate27
    5 days ago
    Lightning McQueen also was driving through that empty desert when he got into an untimely predicament that forced him to stay a bit longer. He eventually learned how awesome the areas was and made it his home. Vegas is a good escape for those tired of the rat race. I don’t see that changing, ever. Too many options for entertainment outdoors or indoors. Want a change of scenery get in the car and drive a couple hours or hop on a plane and you’ll be anywhere in the west quickly. Cost of living has increased a lot lately, bummer. Tye secret is out…..
  • skibum609
    5 days ago
    We fly into Oakland instead of San Francisco. I vote Patterson nj.
  • shailynn
    5 days ago
    Had a close friend that lived in Oakland for years. Was in a beautiful new townhouse in what looked like a nice neighborhood. Every time I’d go visit he would give me specific directions on how to exit to get back on the interstate.

Didn’t realize the In & Out had closed there. Been to it several times over the years.

As for Vegas sports teams - the Raiders quickly realized they will never play a home game again because more visiting fans fill the stadium than home fans. Not sure how that will work out for the As with so many games available.

I go to Vegas a lot and it’s really getting to be a pain in the ass to go from one area to another now because it’s grown so much. Everywhere charges a ton of money to park now, and an Uber is $40 one way to take you 2 miles.
  • iknowbetter
    5 days ago
    Never been to Oakland or Patterson, NJ. Now I’m sure I never will.
  • occurious
    5 days ago
    I thought the same thing about the NHL going there but they sell out that arena for 41 games a year. Also the A's AAA team is in Vegas and they sell out a lot too, yes it's a smaller stadium but when your AAA team draws more than the parent team in Oakland then the smart thing is to move to that city.

Oakland has some very nice areas and some very bad areas, the problem is it's just a poorly run city from a commercial standpoint. They can't get their act together and these teams aren't going to stick around anymore.
  • sinclair
    5 days ago
    The mayor and the entire city council are Democrats. Is anyone surprised Oakland is a dystopia that mirrors a Mad Max movie?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion