tuscl

Kansas City Intell?

SalaoLikeSantiago
I know that you're young and inexperienced; but you can trust me to be sensitive and understanding. Now, here, have more tequila.
Thursday, August 8, 2024 7:38 PM
Have a work trip to KC coming up. I've never been to the museums there before. Read the reviews of the downtown clubs, then some over-the-border into Kansas, and then some from Lawrence, KS. It looks like the downtown KC clubs offer a fairly middle-of-the-road, low value experience. Is it worth it to rent a car to get over to Basehor, KS?

Moreover, if I'm in a downtown KC hotel, and I've got one weekday evening to monger, what would your guidance be?

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments

• Muddy
    a month ago
    For extras? Na I don't think so. But I think you might have a better time if you rented a car. I think the saying is Kansas City is the eastern most western city and St. Louis is the western most eastern city. I think that's probably correct but the point KC is more car centric.

The two downtown clubs Bazooka is a nice pretty but really low mileage. IIRC it's one way. Temptations not much going on when I went. I haven't been to Shady lady or Club Skin yet. Whispers had a good amount going, pretty popular, two way contact, bigger lineup. Best time I had was up in St. Joseph at the Outskirts but that was because of one girl though, couldn't reccomend it otherwise. Bonita Flats is an average lineup with cheap but out in the open dances. Tango's is like a latin music cuban club (I know in Kansas right, pretty crazy)
  • neutron1025@
    a month ago
    Yeah, there's likely not extras at Whispers, but it did have a good lineup when I was there. Getting an uber back at closing time was a pain so renting a car might be a good suggestion.
  • SalaoLikeSantiago
    a month ago
    Thanks Muddy and Neutron. Will report back after the trip.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion