tuscl

Heels up harris

mickey48066
The voice of truth and reason
No surprise Joe endorsed her since she bowed at the altar of Biden. Remember when she accused Joe of being a racist for voting against integrated school busses in the 60's and then accepted his offer to become the first truly token vp? I'm concerned enough stupid people will vote for her because she checks boxes. The next four years will be a true disaster. Is there a dem that could get the nomination and actually be a better choice than trump?

91 comments

• Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    "Better" like more likely to win or "better" like better for America? The intersectionality party forced themselves into this position.

Do we want the Biden budget which is 50% more than this one? Do we want America torn up by affinity groups? Do we want EV mandates for everything by 2035? Do we want another 10 million illegals over the border, straining social services? Do we want racial reparations and playing groups against each other? Do we want more Afghanistan humiliation, and funding of Iran and Hamas?

If the Democrats can abjure all of these positions, I'll consider. Until then, Trump/Vance 2024.
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    Trump's presidency was a disaster for America. He ran up a huge deficit with tax cuts for the rich (even before his gargantuan pandemic spending) which was the driving factor in the inflation the Biden administration had to tame. Trump kowtowed to foreign autocrats like Putin and Kim Jong Un. And he tried to overthrow our republic on his way out (and still refuses to accept the results of the last election.)

Not to mention, he's senile. Have you seen his stump speeches lately? Sharks and electrocutions and shit? He will be a puppet for dangerous far right religious extremists.

I don't know if the Dem nominee will be Harris. She's the front runner right now, but I don't think we'll know for sure until August 19th. I think Newsom and Whitmer are in the second tier of contenders, in terms of likelihood. And then there's a slew of Dark Horse candidates candidates including Shapiro, Buttigieg, Kelly and others who could show up as uniters of the party in late ballot scenario of a brokered convention.

Any of these candidates would be better than Trump.
  • jaybud999
    3 months ago
    @mickey and Puddy

" I'm concerned enough stupid people will vote for HIM because HE checks boxes."

Did you mix up your pronouns here?

"Remember when HE accused DONALD of being [America's Hitler] and then accepted his offer to become the first truly INTEGRITY LACKING vp?"

The point being that both sides of this political coin sound fucking stupid. Just change the names, and pronouns, and everything is interchangeable by world view.

That is all.

Jaybud
  • Jascoi
    3 months ago
    newsome. (GOD FORBID...)
  • IWantHerOnMe
    3 months ago
    Biden is trying to do the right thing for the USA which is probably more principled than anything the modern GOP has done since 2016. Will the Dems be rewarded for that? I wonder. Harris is a disaster. I don't know who else the Dems can rush in there though. They were trying to get Jeffries ready for prime time and I wonder if he's about to get called up to the big leagues. Newsom reminds me of Eliot Spitzer.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 months ago
    The right wing will still provide racial reparations and restrict free speech, theyll just do it for Israelis instead of native american or black people.
    The key things to focus on really are immigration, abortion, gun rights, tax rates, forced vaccinations. Iran/Hamas get almost 0 funding, whereas trashy Israel gets more than every other country combined, is a country that isnt an ally in any way shape or form, and is basically attempting to start WW3 and forcing other countries to get involved.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 months ago
    Welfare is welfare whether its given to people who enter the country, or sent overseas to a so called ally. Its interesting (and good) that the America first conservatives are continuing to gain more and more ground than the rinos and neoconservatives. Nobody wants a candidate whos allegiance is to another country
  • ww
    3 months ago
    @RonJax2

We will know by August 5, if they want their nominee to be on the Ohio ballot.

Still expect a virtual roll call to name the nominee well ahead of the convention.
  • motorhead
    3 months ago
    CNN is reporting Biden didn’t even consult Harris. That’s beyond bizarre - even more so than anything bizarre Trump would do.

Could be further proof this was not at all his free will choice
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    I was just watching CNN and they reported that Kamala and Biden spoke this morning.

Not to try to separate a right winger from his beloved conspiracy theories but I think the simple fact is, this was a decision he had to make quickly.

He did and made the right decision.
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    @ww I thought the virtual roll call was already canceled, am I misinformed?
  • IWantHerOnMe
    3 months ago
    What does CNN know? A senile old man made a impulse decision sloppily, no shock there. At least he made the right one. And Harris needs to be challenged. The DNC and its acolytes need to make this about getting some decent faces out there ASAP not pushing Harris who cannot do the job period.
  • ww
    3 months ago
    @RonJax2 Doubt that. None of this changes the Ohio ballot requirements.

Maybe they did cancel the virtual and just decide to screw being on Ohio ballot. The state is probably going to Trump anyway.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    @jaybird - you're an admitted troll. Of course views change on things. I wasn't on the Trump train in 16 because I thought he was an abrasive asshole and not going to be a reliable conservative. Nor in 20 because my vote didn't matter in Mass. Now I've donated the max to the Trump campaign because of the shit show that has been 4 years of Democratic rule. I'd be fine with gridlock but I damned well don't want Democratic priorities passed. If it means we have a narcissistic prick in office, so be it. He didn't threaten democracy in his first term. Dems only say that shit to distract from the Biden record.

This year, I know Trump is the better choice and I'm comfortable voting for him and contributing to a campaign for the first time ever.

Saying the two sides are the same is just untrue.

@AdolfNanoDong is just spouting antisemitic nonsense. Welfare to Israel, it's called foreign aid to the only friend we have in that part of the world. They're checking Iran where they chant Death to America.

@RonJax that's some impressive mental gymnastics to blame inflation on Trump. Biden didn't need to spend after one relief package and the worst of COVID was past. Basic economics. Bidenflation is real, and Americans are tired of getting gaslit on that fact.

Also, look at under whom Putin made invasions. I can just whip that point alone and win.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    Oh and they were on track for a good sized loss under Biden. They had to do something, might as well be Harris. She sucks, but the party can't push aside a black woman. Michelle has repeatedly said she didn't want to run, she's the Democratic wet dream candidate.
  • ww
    3 months ago
    All of this seems to be what Democrats wanted.

Why did the Biden campaign agree to a way earlier than normal debate?

Typically the debates start in September, well after the nominees are locked.

Had that happened the normal way this cycle, Biden wouldn't had even been able to drop out - he would have been in it until the end.

Instead, the unusual early debate was done, which led to the chain of events to get to this point. And then all this public outcry from your own party to drop out?

Yeah, that's not suspicious at all...
  • motorhead
    3 months ago
    “I was just watching CNN and they reported that Kamala and Biden spoke this morning”

I’m watching CNN right now - and again they said he released his statement without telling Harris.

Perhaps different reporters have different sources.
  • twentyfive
    3 months ago
    @motorhead
    they haven’t had a chance to coordinate yet, give them some more time they’ll come up with a plausible story line eventually.
    LOL
  • IWantHerOnMe
    3 months ago
    We'll never know whether Trump would've lost to Biden again. The Dems need a Sister Soulja moment and pushing aside an identity figure for someone who might actually be able to lead would again be proof of the DNC's willingness to try to put the country ahead of bowing to one guy.
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    > @ww This was what I read that said the virtual vote was off: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/47…. But lots of other news outlets today are still talking about it. I also read, and I can't immediately find the source, that there was a solution for the Ohio ballot.

I think a key indicator here will be IF they hold that vote. I think they'll do that if the party coalesces around Kamala. If they don't hold that vote on the 5th, the field will be open. It's going to be a wild month for sure.

@Puddy
    > Oh and they were on track for a good sized loss under Biden.

Biden was the underdog in the race, for sure. Yet it was as close one and he was far from losing it. 538 was calling a 54% chance of his win, Nate Silver as low as 30%. (As I've said before, I trust Nate's model more than 538's.)

Still a 30% chance isn't insignificant. That's like the chances that the underdog football team wins a championship, which happens often. I think Republicans have been euphoric this week have been blindly overestimating their own chances.

And that was before Biden dropped out. I think all bets are off now. Trump has a low ceiling, he's grossly unpopular with Americans, and I would expect to see some significant downward movement in his odds of winning once Kamala starts wielding the Roe cannon.
  • Nixur68
    3 months ago
    She's awesome and I am sure she will do a great job.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    @RonJax - there's always a chance, but Trump has gotten more votes than his polls both times, and has a lot of momentum.

Trump has a low ceiling but a high floor and a motivated base. Vance improves him in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. He's hardly "grossly unpopular" if he's been on top in polls. It's not that Harris got better, it's that Biden got worse...Harris has a tin ear and has pissed off a bunch of donors. And they've been flogging Roe for a long time, Harris visited an abortion clinic for fuck's sake. Their best bet is to unify around her fast, but that might not happen. Unless Trump says or does something extreme that isn't already baked into his stock, he wins. Of course no one could have predicted the last few weeks, either.
  • misterorange
    3 months ago
    Maybe this will be Biden tomorrow: https://youtu.be/PVDH3MX4MYI?si=qA8AgoNX…
  • mickey48066
    3 months ago
    Puddy, "better" as in a better match up for Trump to beat. I think a white male would be the most beatable match up for Trump. Harris will get so many black, female, and white male traitors who were once in malaise but are now energized. I think she is the biggest obstacle for Trump compared to anyone else they could put out there.
  • misterorange
    3 months ago
    ^^ White males? What kind of white males would vote for a Jurassic Park monster looking dinosaur?
  • 5footguy
    3 months ago
    @RonJax, I know you're smarter than this.

"[Trump] ran up a huge deficit with tax cuts for the rich (even before his gargantuan pandemic spending) which was the driving factor in the inflation the Biden administration had to tame."
    - Seriously look at https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CPIAU… and tell me that you believe that. The Fed injected 3 trillion dollars. Supply chains were fucked. The CPI was on a regular, even trajectory before Covid. Covid and the fallout was the cause for the inflation.

"Trump kowtowed to foreign autocrats like Putin and Kim Jong Un."
    - If by "kowtowed" you mean, "nobody started a war on his watch", I'll take kowtowing all day long.

"he tried to overthrow our republic on his way out (and still refuses to accept the results of the last election.)"
    - We'll have to disagree about what constitutes "overthrowing a republic," but Hillary Clinton and Stacy Abrams also deny their election results. Want to call Trump an election denier, sure, he is. But have you ever called out one of your own? Seriously asking.

"Not to mention, he's senile."
    - gtfo with this comedy, Ron. you're trolling, right?
  • wld4tatas
    3 months ago
    A good development which I anticipated.

This once again demonstrates Biden's good judgement and character. He is a true patriot.

Part of me would like to see a process not just a coronation, but I'll be OK if it's Harris.

In the few hours since the announcement, we've seen a flood of the usual lies, deception and vitriol from Trump and his supporters. That alone should be sick enough to dissuade some voters who may be on the fence. I'd like to see Harris (or whoever) rise about the endless bullshit from the right and counter it with class, tact and on-point facts to acknowledge where Dems have fallen short, where Dems have delivered, and present a superior vision for the future of our country.
  • misterorange
    3 months ago
    Interesting point I just heard, we haven't seen a single video, or even a still photo, of Biden quitting. For all we know, the Twitter statements could be done by anyone. Joe could be strapped down to a hospital bed screaming that he's still in. Lol
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    "This once again demonstrates Biden's good judgement and character. He is a true patriot."

Good judgment would have been doing this years ago. Doing it 3.5 months is piss ass poor judgment.

This much is true. She came in 5th in her home state.
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    @5foot

> Covid and the fallout was the cause for the inflation.

There's no question about that. The fact remains that the vast majority of COVID spending occurred on Trump's watch: https://www.pandemicoversight.gov/about-…. And I think a lot of that money could have been spent better, or not spent at all, thus lessening the impending blow of inflation. The PPP, which cost half trillion, was basically a hand out to the rich, for example.

I'm thankful that Biden was able to take inflation down. Biden's major post-Covid legislative accomplishment, the IRA, reduced the deficit by $238 billion: https://www.crfb.org/blogs/cbo-scores-ir…

> I'll take kowtowing all day long.

Good to know. I'm fed up with the kowtowing to autocrats. I'm talking about incidents like Trump going to the Helsinki summit and siding with Putin over our intelligence services: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44… Or the time he fucking crossed the Korean DMZ to shake hands with Kim Jung Un, with no preconditions, which encouraged the DPRK to continue to test missiles: https://www.voanews.com/a/east-asia-paci…

>> he's senile.
    > Ron. you're trolling, right?

Not at all. I've been watching his stump speeches. I saw his rambling convention speech. He's losing it. Just listen to the man yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W0p_yHk…

He's been delusion for a while. Too many incidents to name, but remember this: https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1536/cpspr…

The question for Trump is whether he'll show the same graciousness and step down due to his age at fitness, now that Biden has done so. I doubt it, because the Republican party as it exists is a cult-of-personality which will quickly deflate without him.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    ^ Taking inflation down? The arsonist doesn't get credit for saving half the building when he set the fire in the first place. I agree on the PPP, but if so much was already spent, why spend more? It was an excuse to pass more green stuff we never seem to see ROI on. And with a supply chain crisis? This is literally the definition of inflation, too much money, too few goods. That necessitated huge interest rate hikes. We're stomping on the gas and brake at the same time and it's a cluster fuck.

Putin invaded Crimea and Georgia under Obama ("more latitude after the election") and Ukraine ("minor incursion" where we've thrown little bits for a trench war) but not Trump. Trump kept Putin in check while Democrats saw him expand.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 months ago
    No doubt, voted for trump but it’s something i keep
    To myself. Extremists like this puddy tat guy, make it absolutely embarrassing to vote for trump.

Lol “only friend in that part of the world” weve got turkey, saudi arabia, india, UAE… countries who also arent stealing money from us. Laughable. It absolutely is welfare mooching and theft.

Welfare doesn’t magically not become welfare because your giving it to one religion vs another or one race vs another. Youve got to drop the racial hierarchy and religious hierarchy nonsense… its utter insanity. People like you are why trump voters get accused of being racist or anti immigrant.
  • wld4tatas
    3 months ago
    - We'll have to disagree about what constitutes "overthrowing a republic," but Hillary Clinton and Stacy Abrams also deny their election results.

Yeah, you are biased. I don't recall Clinton and Abrams mounting a coordinated and sustained effort to cast doubt on the election results, having a fake electors plot, and urging the Vice President to not certify the election results, even trying to get him in a car and drive him off site so he couldn't do his job. There's no comparison with the scale of what Trump and his team did and the examples you cite.
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    > Putin invaded Crimea and Georgia under Obama

And in 2017 and 2018 Putin was focused on slaughtering civilians in Aleppo, which Trump did virtually nothing about: https://www.britannica.com/event/Syrian-…

And when exactly do you think Putin's invasion of Ukraine was planned? Recall that Trump tried to interfere with aid to Ukraine during his presidency, in fact he was impeached for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_impe…

The timing of the Ukraine invasion though had more to do with Xi Jinping wanting Putin to wait until after the Beijing Olympics. But it was Trump who emboldened Putin with his obstruction of congress and frequent talk of dismantling NATO.

It will be free reign for the world's autocrats if Trump is in charge again. Recall that Trump once said he "loves" Xi Jinping. https://www.politico.eu/article/trump-on…
  • mogul1985
    3 months ago
    This had nothing to do with age else Bernie and Nancy would exit. It's all about cognitive abilities. The Democrats are rigging and committing an insurrection of their own party. Those supporting Harris and this insurrection are just sucking up for their a job. Same for the down-ballot Dems.

The "Guardians of Democracy" ran a Primary that didn't allow anyone except Biden, it was "rigged". The Dems/DNC, Super Delegates, Big Donors and Dem Oligarchs run as a Star Chamber, or as Machiavelli said, "The Ends Justifies The Means". Not the US Constitutions, not FEC Laws/Rules, not the DNC Rules, just want the Star Chamber says goes.

This is only about money, power and control. The Star Chamber fucked up thinking Joe was a good choice to win in 2020 and a 100:1 gamble Harris could be groomed in 4 years. Total failure, I mean a Krakatoa explosion.

And this Star Chamber is to be trusted yet again?

Biden, or someone said IN A LETTER not on live TV, that he was supporting Harris for POTUS knowing that she was the only person he could support as he has like $80M in donations that the DNC will just take, and take the hit after November if it is called illegal by the FEC.

At least in 1968 LBJ went on live TV to say " I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your president." That took BRASS BALLS and vertebra!

Remember when Diane Feinstein (D-CA) staffers said she wasn't going to run, and during an interview she was asked about not running, and her response was "I'm not running?" She, just like Biden, was not making decisions, she was just a reliable Tool.

Harris and Obama's WH staffers have been around Biden for 4 years, and clearly knew he was rapidly degrading. The trip to Europe, debate and campaign drained him like a cheap battery. When it was said he has COVID-19, why didn't he mask-up?

Now, the Cabinet can do the 25thA to deal the final blow. That would give Harris a better platform as "The First DEI" POTUS in "history".

This was all Kabuki Theater. The Dems manipulated and then cancelled their "Democratic Primary" process and are still screaming TRUMP IS A THREAT TO DEMOCRACY! Really?

Mark your calendar: Ohio, August 7, 2024 - Ballot Deadline, and the DNC Convention is after that.

• RonJax2
    3 months ago
    ^ I'm sorry I don't speak QAnon @mogul, like I have no idea what the star chamber is. Can you summarize your points and maybe provide some evidence to back them up?
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    "And in 2017 and 2018 Putin was focused on slaughtering civilians in Aleppo,"
    Yeah after having crossed Obama's bright red line.

"Recall that Trump tried to interfere with aid to Ukraine during his presidency"
    Which went through. He sent Javelins while Obama sent blankets.

"But it was Trump who emboldened Putin with his obstruction of congress and frequent talk of dismantling NATO."
    Instead he got NATO paying their share, and emboldened Putin so much he didn't invade.

"But it was Trump who emboldened Putin with his obstruction of congress and frequent talk of dismantling NATO."
    I'll take photo ops with Kim and buttering up Xi over invasions and money to Hamas and Iran. Trump is a negotiator at heart, and part of the playbook is flattery. That's why the left underestimates Trump, they look at his words more than his actions.
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    > That's why the left underestimates Trump, they look at his words more than his actions.

Words matter and Trump is a fountain of mendaciousness.
  • mogul1985
    3 months ago
    @RonJax2:
    Dismantle NATO? It's call negotiating, not capitulating, He got all to pay-up the 2% of their GDP as was a rule for membership that had been ignored for 75 years, except France and Germany are still delinquent. Biden took credit a few weeks back.

Impeached? For what? More Kabuki theater. Maxine Waters said Trump had to be Impeached the day after he was elected. He wasn't even POTUS, only POTUS Elect.

Aleppo, Putin? That was ISIS who was supported by Russia like Hamas is a proxy for Iran, and Trump took out ISIS.

I remember when ~500 Russian mercenaries and Syrian forces attacked one of our firebases with only 40 US Soldiers with heavy shelling and tankers in Syria in February 2018. After 4 hours, they retreated, about 300 dead and no Americans were killed. This was under Trump. That was the last time that was tried. He needed Congress to support the effort to deal with ISIS as had been ignored for 8 years under Obama.

Ukraine Invasion? Sure, the CCP didn't want that during the Olympics. It also had to do with who was POTUS. Trump stopped Nordstream, Biden allowed it while killing our Keystone XL pipeline and then blew-it up when it was almost ready AND stopped us selling LNG to our NATO allies. Biden did sell our Strategic Petroleum Reserves to China as well as releasing them to help lower gas prices he effectively raised a lot.

Trump respects powerful global leaders. And he deals with them. He kept illegals in Mexico as he prosecuted the Wall project against all odds from the Dems and GOP. He crushed Iran. He crushed ISIS. Within 48 hours of Syria using ammonia barrel bombs on citizens he launch a heavy attack. Like Reagan crushed the USSR with economics, Trump did same to prosecute his agenda, I too am tired of the World using America as a Piggy Bank.

I know, I know, you see Trump as "America's Hitler", yet, with no proof. Enjoy your TDS, it is only going to get worse for you and many others.
  • mogul1985
    3 months ago
    ^ Yes, words matter as do policies and doing what you say you'll do. Biden was to be the Great Unifier, and now he (well, now someone else) wants 4 more years.

Instead, he further Balkanized America, continual "Clean up on Aisle 3", and Harris gives us daily Word Salad recipes. The Border is "Secure". Right. The WH/Harris says Biden is sharp as tack and runs circles around us. He works 10AM to 4PM. Had had more lids than any POTUS since radio was invented.

Obama said he "evolved" on same-sex marriage, and he was applauded. JD Vance was very critical on Trump in 2016, and today he says he was wrong, and MAGA applauds him - that 80M voters.

And why did Biden never contact the Gold Star Families, kept checking his watch as their coffins were returned or mention the names of the 13 soldiers killed, and DENIED any soldiers were killed in his 3+ years.

The 25thA needs to be used NOW. If this isn't a solid case, I don't know what it will take - a pine box?

Seriously. It's all WH Kabuki Theater. What Trump said in interviews 40 years ago, he still says today. That's consistency.
  • gammanu95
    3 months ago
    Good lord, this thread may be the messiest one yet
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    "Words matter and Trump is a fountain of mendaciousness."

Particularly when those words are "Take out Soleimani" or the reputed threat to take out the Kremlin if Russia invaded Ukraine.

If you want to beat Trump you need to focus on what matters. Orange Man Bad got you here.
  • goldeneagles9
    3 months ago
    Just because Biden does not want to run for a second term does not mean you invoke the 25th amendment. Nothing much would change even if it was necessary. The cabinet would still be intact.
    There are a lot of people on this site that needs to get out of their parents basement.
  • mogul1985
    3 months ago
    ^ The 25thA was created for cases like Biden. He is clearly not fit as POTUS the past 6 months and it's getting worse very fast. This could have been applied to Reagan too in the last 6-8 months of his last term. If you can't see the dementia/senility/severe cognitive/brain issues Biden has, I don't know what to say.
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    There was talk of using the 25th on Trump at the end of his term. It was well deserved, the man is a deranged octogenarian
  • mogul1985
    3 months ago
    ^ Radical TDS - get some therapy.
  • wld4tatas
    3 months ago
    Looking at his RNC speech and comments this weekend, Trump is a sick man, whether it's cognitive or character or both.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 months ago
    Part of the reason trump can do so well is unfortunately the amount of dumb/violent/racist people in the country. He says certain things, intentionally, in order to appeal to people with certain viewpoints and beliefs. There are still people who believe in a racial hierarchy or religious hierarchy or a nationalist hierarchy… and Trump knows exactly what to say or not say to pull them.

Unfortunately that crowd makes other trump voters look bad…hopefully the America first wing of the republican base can put a stop to this nonsense… one guy on another thread was trying to convince me that its not theft or welfare if taxpayer dollars are given to israel… but the same guy had major issue with racial reparations within the US or redistributing taxpayer dollars to homeless or poor people within the US… imagine the level of brainwashed you have to be.. to think it’s perfectly good and fine to send taxpayer dollars to foreign countries,, but be unwilling to help your fellow citizens with the same money
  • shailynn
    3 months ago
    Joe Manchin will save the day.

Always an opportunist looking for a way to stuff his pockets.
  • goldeneagles9
    3 months ago
    Money does not belong to individuals it belongs to the federal reserve. They can print as much as they want to send to foreign countries for the sake of keeping the world in check and keeping the homeland safe. Money has no real value since we have been there of the gold standard. Taxes are designed to keep money moving through individuals and institutions. Without movement the dollar becomes useless. It's economics. I'm not someone who enjoys paying taxes but I understand why it needs to be done. Low tax areas tend to be economically challenged and high tax areas have services and wealth. More money movement more wealth.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 months ago
    No… they physically may be able to print more money.. that doesn’t mean its a good, moral, or even legal or economically sound thing to do…

Money belongs to whoever earned it.. if someone takes your money that is in fact theft. It doesn’t matter whether the money mentions the federal reserve on it. .
    It is also theft and welfare leeching if another country is given billions of dollars for free.
  • 5footguy
    3 months ago
    @RonJax

"The fact remains that the vast majority of COVID spending occurred on Trump's watch. And I think a lot of that money could have been spent better, or not spent at all, thus lessening the impending blow of inflation. The PPP, which cost half trillion, was basically a hand out to the rich, for example."

I agree it shouldn't have been spent, but PPP passed with a 96-0 vote in the senate. It had complete bipartisan, unanimous support.

Spending under Biden has been greater than that under Trump. His administration has done *nothing* to reduce inflation. The Fed raised rates in 2022 to combat inflation with the "price stability" part of their dual mandate. They've brought down inflation in spite of Biden's increased spending, not because of anything he's done.

On the one hand you're arguing that Trump's spending caused inflation. On the other hand you're arguing that Biden's greater spending has reduced inflation.
  • Jascoi
    3 months ago
    the covid scare was badly handled by all. mostely for PROFIT.
  • Jascoi
    3 months ago
    it was a POWER grab. ( with much PROFIT by most of those in control.).
  • gammanu95
    3 months ago
    @Jascoi - who was it that said "never let a crisis go to waste"?
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    > Spending under Biden has been greater than that under Trump.

You're quite misinformed here. Quit watching Fox News. Trump grew the deficit twice as much as Biden did. https://www.crfb.org/papers/trump-and-bi…

• dickdecker
    3 months ago
    Dem’s have turned the table, let this election be a referendum on Trump.
  • skibum609
    3 months ago
    When Congress passed tax cuts under Trump, they passed it across the board and everyone who ays taxes got a tax cut. Anyone calling it a tax cut for the rich is a liar, stupid, or both. Try reading douchebags. The best part is that next year they all expire, and everyone's taxes go up, even the poor. Hope progressives and democrats lose their homes over the tax increase.
  • Mate27
    3 months ago
    Notice how attention will be now directed at Trump’s mental and physical status? It’s a valid concern as he is as old as fuck and loses his train of thought, rambles, and delusional. Of course stupid people will ignore these attributes and vote for him anyway.
  • skibum609
    3 months ago
    ^ glad to see you admit you're voting Trump. Amazed that even you can be honest.
  • gammanu95
    3 months ago
    I'm expecting to see Harris/Buttcheck ticket. They need a white male, but they haven't had a queen candidate yet. He'll also be happy to take some of the pressure off heels-up Harris and her knees.
  • funonthaside
    3 months ago
    Heels may have been up, but they would have needed to do a bit of extra work to get access via the pantsuit.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    Buttigieg, LOL. More trying to pick "disadvantaged groups," because he certainly doesn't cut the mustard on merit. He's articulate but if he didn't pound hairy asshole he definitely wouldn't have made it out of Indiana. Indistinguished in any field, and having a Harvard degree should be a disqualifier.

Democrats would be better served by Shapiro (1st by a mile), Beshear (2nd), or Whitmer (3rd).
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    Beshear doesn't have the name recognition outside of KY, and he's unlikely to make KY competitive in a general election.

Shapiro and Whitmer would both be really smart choices. I think this election will be decided by the whether the Dems hold the blue wall of WI, MI, and PA. I lean towards Whitmer on this, I think she's better known and I think two women wielding the Roe cannon this election would be better than one.
  • goldeneagles9
    3 months ago
    Justin Fox wrote in February 2021 for Bloomberg about recent data he obtained concerning the year 2018 in federal taxes.

This data refers specifically to the Alternative Minimum Tax, and changes that the Trump administration made to the Alternative Minimum Tax. These tax cuts were included in the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

These cuts were advertised as gifts to the middle class. Who gained from these cuts, and by how much?

Two particular tax brackets gained the most from the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The slivers of the population whose adjusted gross income was between $200,000 and $1,000,000 gained the most from their 2018 federal taxes.

Another data set from the I.R.S. splits taxpayers into percentiles. To be specific, it slices U.S. taxpayers into 100 groups. The percentile group that benefited the most? The 98th. In 2018, the 98th percentile referred to households that had an adjusted gross income between $359,000 and $540,000.

According to Jim Tankersley of the New York Times, that 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will be difficult for the Biden administration to roll back.

That Act was estimated to cost the U.S. government coffers nearly $2 trillion over ten years. Biden had announced that he would eliminate these tax cuts.

However, it looks so far like Biden will be constrained from removing those cuts. No tax increases of any kind arrived in the $1.9 trillion stimulus plan he released in mid-January. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said that Biden would not reverse any piece of the tax “until later in the recovery.”
    Take away the mortgage deduction and it is even worse for working Americans.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 months ago
    What makes Shapiro a good candidate? The buffoon would literally hand the country over to israel. We definitely dont need someone giving even more money or control to israel. Shapiro can stay down where he belongs and let his superiors handle the presidency. Newsom would be a better choice. Even Michelle Obama
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    ^ Newsom? Trump would pound him with videos of California's failures. A few clips of U-Hauls heading to Texas.

Shapiro is from a swing state and could be future presidential timber. And he's a finger in the eye of those who want Ein Judenrein Amerika (a Jew-free America) like yourself.

@Ron - on second thought swap Kelly for Beshear. Swing state, fairly moderate. Whitmer has her COVID policies and might give men pause in a party struggling with men, even black and Hispanic ones. Not sure if America would vote for a two women ticket yet.
  • skibum609
    3 months ago
    If you're a democrat it is important to have never worked a private job in your life, be black, be Hispanic (no such thing actually), be foreign born, be gay, be trans., hate Jews and on and on, but competence never appears on the list of qualifications.
  • gammanu95
    3 months ago
    That is because competence is a white privilege, according to the SPLC
    “aspects of whiteness” (quoted or paraphrased):

Rugged individualism: self-reliance, independence
    The “traditional” family, breadwinning father, homemaking mother, 2.3 children
    “Emphasis on scientific method”; “objective, rational linear thinking,” “cause and effect relationships,” “quantitative emphasis.”
    “Protestant work ethic”: “hard work is the key to success”
    “Christianity is the norm”; “no tolerance for deviation from single god concept.”
    “Future orientation”: “delayed gratification”
    Time: “follow rigid time schedules”
    Asethetics: steak and potatoes, blonde & thin women
    Justice: “Protect property and entitlements,” “Intent counts.”

The SPLC is a radical leftist propaganda machine on par Goebbels. Convince me otherwise.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    I saw Whitmer is co-chair of the Harris campaign. Does that complicate her being VP?
  • skibum609
    3 months ago
    Whitmer was explicit today about not being V.P. My guess is she is too smart to be second banana on a losing ticket.
  • WiseToo
    3 months ago
    Because Newsom and Harris are both residents of California, I think the 12th amendment would prohibit counting California's electoral votes if the state remained blue. The Dems can't have that happen, so Newsom won't be asked.
  • funonthaside
    3 months ago
    Don't most people being considered for a VP (or Cabinet positions) deny being interested? Then, when they are asked/selected, they suddenly have a change of heart.

I wouldn't count out Whitmer based solely on her denying interest.
  • goldeneagles9
    3 months ago
    Whitmer is the co campaign chair so she is not going to run. It would make strategic sense to go with Shapiro to hopefully lock in 13 delagates in a swing state or Mark Kelly from Arizona because he would have a natural interest in securing and that could be sold to undecided independent voters. Sadly America is not ready to have two women on the ballot , but have no problem with potentially electing a felon, rapist, fraud and a liar among other non human traits. Kamala would be a breath of fresh air. The country would benefit with a new approach.
  • funonthaside
    3 months ago
    Why wouldn't Whitmer forfeit her role as co-Campaign Chair, in order to become VP? I do agree, though, that having 2 women on a ballot may be outside the scope of acceptance. I'm not even sure that people are willing to vote for a female President. Just as people lied in 2016 to hide the fact they planned to vote for Trump, people will tell pollsters they have no issue voting for a woman, the vote otherwise.
  • wld4tatas
    3 months ago
    Trump's late night tweet Monday didn't help quell concerns that he is deranged:

"Lyin' Kamala Harris, the Biden appointed 'Border Czar' who never visited the Border, and whose incompetence gave us the WORST and MOST DANGEROUS Border anywhere in the World, has absolutely terrible pole numbers against a fine and brilliant young man named DONALD J. TRUMP!"
    https://x.com/benryanwriter/status/18156…
  • wld4tatas
    3 months ago
    ^^
    @goldeneagles9 - All good points
  • skibum609
    3 months ago
    Kamala Harris for President and yet we wonder why we have lost our power and respect. The fifth choice is now the savior. Very progressive. She has a participation medal, because she sure as fuck didn't earn this.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    So much for going to the center.

https://notthebee.com/article/oh-look-ka…
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    Here's a link to Kamala's appearance that isn't full of bloat: https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/47…

What's your point @puddy? I see nothing wrong with going on RuPaul's show and telling people to register to vote. What problem do you have with that?
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    ^ Way to miss the point. It shows she is doubling down on the left, not playing for the center.

I'm sure appearing on a drag show is really going to appeal to the laid off factory worker in Pennsylvania!
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    If RuPaul was her running mate THAT would be a move to the left. But merely appearing on the show, no I don’t think your average PA factory worker is going to care about that.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    Doubling down on in the electoral sense. In the Senate she was rated the single most liberal member so not sure she has much room to go.

Anyways, appealing to 5% of the population already concentrated in coastal blue states is not smart electoral strategy. She should be campaigning in churches in the blue wall states where a "drag race" still involves fast cars and chutes.
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    Yesterday you were complaining about the young black men she put in prison.

Today you’re calling her the most liberal member of the senate.

Honestly I can’t even tell which straw man of Harris you’re trying to shoot at. It’s like you don’t even know anything about the candidate you vehemently oppose.
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    Also, let me let you in on a secret Puddy. RuPaul's show will not be the only show she appears on. She's going to make appearances on a shit ton of different shows, and do campaign stops at tons of places, including churches in the blue wall. She's going to attempt to make her campaign appealing to a broad and diverse coalition of voters. This is a tactic known as: "Running a Political Campaign".
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    ^ LOL it's almost like you don't understand that both things can be true and are both in fact well documented.

"She's going to attempt to make her campaign appealing to a broad and diverse coalition of voters"

Do you think voters don't notice what else they do? If someone appeared at both the Southern Baptist Convention and Democratic Socialists of America, would you write this off as "appealing to a broad and diverse coalition of voters" or just having no values beyond personal advancement?

Looking forward to her explaining that Drag Race appearance in a social conservative area.

• skibum609
    3 months ago
    Biden couldn't appeal to voters outside the Democratic base, but the anointed cackling shrew who is far to his left will bring in conservatives? Lmao she couldn't get a conservative vote even if she fucked em.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 months ago
    Kamala is centrist after spending 4 years with biden. It doesnt matter if she was considered liberal years back. She even supports israel
  • funonthaside
    3 months ago
    I'm not sure Cumala is one to easily lie down.....a more appropriate phrase would have been "face down Harris", or perhaps "ass up Harris".

Plus, who wants to look at that mug while pounding her, and not take advantage of muffling her mouth in a pillow to avoid her talking/cackling?
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    >> "She's going to attempt to make her campaign appealing to a broad and diverse coalition of voters"

> Do you think voters don't notice what else they do?

My contention is that the only people who give a fuck that she appeared with RuPaul are probably bigots who aren't going to vote Democratic. I don't think your average dem-leaning voter who is on the fence about voting or not in PA is going to care one bit about such an appearance.

But by all means keep trying to label Kamala as an extremist. Extremism is an issue democrats win 3:1 on.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    ^ Your contention is just an opinion.

Didn't you just say this was going to be a turnout election and no one was undecided? LOL make up your mind.

Social issues turn people out, like it or not. They tried to hide that tweet where she was deemed the most liberal member of the Senate. The ads are already coming. Keep the Orange Man Bad. 9 years of that got you where you are. But I'm sure another 3 months will show the world.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion