tuscl

caitlyn clark in the wnba playoffs. good or bad?

gothamyte
from that Adam Westsiiiide of Gotham
Monday, July 1, 2024 2:41 AM
there are 12 teams in the wnba. only 8 get to go to the playoffs. 4 teams stay home. 4 from the east, plays against 4 from the west in the playoffs. 4 bottom teams stay home. currently it's a battle between caitlyn's indiana fever and angel reese's chicago sky it'll probably go against the 2 teams to battle it out for the final playoff spot if caitlyn clark goes to the playoffs, wnba gets money. but but but what if her & her team really aren't that good. sure, they'll get whipped int the playoffs, so what, everyone gets money. but what if all the teams now gotta PLAY DOWN so caitlyn can be in the playoffs? i'm watched the phoenix mercury vs. indiana fever wnba game. phoenix had a double digit lead at one point. they led the game in like the entire first half suddenly in the 3rd quarter, the fever started making a run. and the fever ended up winning the game. i wonder if pheonix had to play down, so caitlyn can be in the playoffs. she'll get washed in the playoffs, i'm sure but it'll be embarrassing if caitlyn ain't in the playoffs. i, myself, would love it. would make the wnba look tougher. btw, indiana fever has played 20 games. there are 40 games in a wnba season. they are halfway there. the other 6 wnba teams have good, winning records. it's only teams 7 and 8 the so-called 'wildcard' teams again, my issue is: the wnba has to play down to allow caitlyn into the playoffs. me no likey teams gotta flop like lebron to allow her in so they can get money i can understand but me no likey now i gotta hear all this BS about caitlyn being so great when really she ain't great, teams gotta play down to let her in. me no likey!! rant over/

12 comments

• gothamyte
    3 days ago
    check out the wnba standings link or you can google it. you see, at first in the beginning of the year, the 2 bad teams were the washington mystics and the indiana fever. remember they were winless the first handful of games. someone must've noticed: 4 teams stay home and don't go to the playoffs outta the 12. if caitlyn's team ain't 1 of the 8 teams in the playoffs "noone" will watch. she's gotta be in. but the indiana fever were losing all their first handful of games. i'm guessing someone sent the memo to all teams, gonna have to flop like lebron a game or two so indiana gets in the playoffs. if i were a betting man, i'd bet that caitlyn and the indiana fever appear in the wnba playoffs. they gotta be. otherwise the viewers won't watch? so that means teams gonna have to lose game just so she can be there. right? SMH
  • funonthaside
    2 days ago
    You're missing one important point....the other players despise CC, so they are on a mission to see her fail. But...I do agree that the league has a strong interest in CC being in the playoffs.
  • motorhead
    2 days ago
    I’ve watched every Fever game. And no - I’m not a CC bandwagon jumper. I’ve closely followed women’s college basketball for almost 30 years and to a lesser extent the WNBA. Did you watch last week’s game between the Chicago Sky and the Fever? Indiana had a huge first half lead but Chicago went on a second half run and made a comeback and won. The two coaches had an extended conversation after the game (rather than just the quick handshake) which sparked conspiracy theorists to believe “the game was fixed”. Indiana had won the first two meetings and I guess the belief is that the league needs to spark the Reese v Clark rivalry even more so they had Reese win a game. This directly refutes your argument the league shows favoritism towards Clark. The Fever began the season with a brutal schedule. Both in terms of the quality of the teams played and number of games. More than other teams in the league. The WNBA did no favor in making the schedule for the Fever. And the team has started to play better. You have to remember there was very little practice time between the draft and the first game. If you watched every game like I have, you can see the progress the team has made. There is no fix to get the Fever in the playoffs. The team is playing remarkably better and the schedule is balancing out.
  • Studme53
    2 days ago
    CC is great - only reason I watch a WNBA game. CCs having a great rookie season despite the fact that every team put their best defender(s) on her and them them, “Don’t worry about anything else happening on the court, or helping anyone else on defense, just stay all over CC.” A lot of the nasty bitches in the league are extremely jealous of her because of her popularity and the money she makes. They’re too stupid to realize she’s pulling them all up.
  • gammanu95
    2 days ago
    Who fucking cares?
  • skibum609
    2 days ago
    ^amen.
  • motorhead
    2 days ago
    “Who fucking cares“ lol. I get what you’re saying. But if you read all the WNBA posts on line - there’s a lot of deeper sociological / demographic that says a lot about the mindset of the country. By most estimates the league is 60 to 90% lesbian and CC is getting attacked because she’s straight. She’s not a member of the boys club. But most revealing of all - the true racists in the country are not who would guess. Hint - it’s not the old White MAGA dudes holed up in some militia group in Idaho.
  • shailynn
    2 days ago
    I never really cared about the WNBA until now. Not a big fan of CC and Reese, but they’re both good for the league and breaking records. Reese just broke a WNBA record - 10 double doubles in a row. All betting sites are splashing WBNA and it’s a great time, the only other thing to bet on now consistently until football season is MLB and you may be better off setting your money on fire because there’s so much variance in MLB betting. I think that has a lot to do with popularity, lots of wagers on WNBA player stats which are fun to bet on. Why do I like is so much now? Is something to bet on, it takes a little less research since there’s such a small amount of teams / players / matchups.
  • Puddy_Tat
    2 days ago
    I love how the wokes whine about the inequality in gender paydays when they would rather stare at a blank screen than watch a WNBA game. Hence why we're talking about the sociological and gambling aspects of it rather than about it the way we would any other sport.
  • skibum609
    2 days ago
    Caitlyn Clark is a racial issue. Everyone in the WNBA wants the league to succeed, unless the face of the league is white. Not saying it's wrong. Just sayin.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 days ago
    She's the WNBA's Larry Bird. Not clearly the best player, just clearly the best white player.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion