tuscl

Closing down

ehhhh
Wisconsin
I doubt anyone will actually see this, but the reviewers rejected it when I tried to submit it as a review and told me to post it in "community." Thanks for nothing, pricks.

Saw in the local news today that Heavenly Bodies and two adjacent properties were bought by Elk Grove Village and will be torn down for some type of development. As of now it says the club is still open but will close it's doors when the sale is finalized in the next couple weeks.

This was never my favorite place due to the strict rules in the lapdance area, but it always sucks to see a club closing down. Especially given the lack of options in the north suburbs of Chicago. Seems like more clubs close than open these days.

Anyway, if you want one last visit you better get there quick and might want to call before you go to ensure it's open.

10 comments

• sinclair
    4 months ago
    The reason for the closing was the owner died a few weeks back. His wife wanted to sell the club. The closing on the sale is June 17. From what a dancer that worked there told me, this weekend is the last weekend it is open.
  • captainfun
    4 months ago
    This club has never been great but agree that I’d always prefer that a place stay open - particularly since there are so few options north and west of Chicago.
  • motorhead
    4 months ago
    Yeah, hated the rules. But the times I visited years ago they always had there share of my favs - hot Eastern Euros
  • sinclair
    4 months ago
    Just got info that Saturday, June 8 is the last day it will be open. Heavenly Bodies 1988-2024.
  • Chastitychi
    4 months ago
    I'll miss HB's! I don't go much anymore, because frankly it's sucked ever since COVID, but still sad to see it go nonetheless.

Also heard the owner died and his wife is selling, and June 8th is the last day.
  • chiefwiggum
    4 months ago
    I doubt I can get over there before June 8th. I had good memories there in my early clubbing career. I've been meaning to see what it looked like lately, but I don't get out that way that much.
  • ehhhh
    4 months ago
    Same here, chief. Good early memories, it was the first club I went to in the Chicago area. Once I found the looser rules at other establishments, I stopped going. Still, I remember the lunch special they used to run. Pay the $10 cover and you get a free burger and fries (it was called the "booby burger", I recall). Plus you could get the text for a free cover and thus be watching dancers and eating a burger completely for free.
  • MajorBoobage
    4 months ago
    Thanks for posting. Definitely have some good memories of that place, but it wasn't good for a long time and wasn't going to get better.
  • captainfun
    4 months ago
    For those wondering if it changed over time, it hasn’t as far as I know. Same layout. Only big change is was that I’m pretty sure that no dances are done on the first floor anymore
  • kenrodchitown
    2 months ago
    I used to stop by fairly often on afternoons, but COVID killed off the dayside shift. I lost maybe my all time favorite dancer as a result. It was great for what it was... a place for cheap beers and fair mix of newbie and longtime dancers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion