Adelitas?

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 5:42 AM
Coming up on a year since they were shuttered I think. Anyone have any rumors or official news on when/if they will reopen. It is my opinion that Adelitas reopening will bring a bit of downward pricing pressure to bear and will curtail some of the more ridiculous newer policies at HK.

7 comments

Everything I’ve heard is that there is no reopening date in site. The owners appealed the governments decision to shut them down, and that appeal has not been looked at or touched. Adelitas will be back at some point, but based on how little anyone knows about it, I’d guess it’s not going to be this year.
Razarus09
3 months ago
As of last week, there was a huge banner, scaffolding covering about 5 stories high with Adelitas advertised on the big construction project on exterior to Cascadas. No time frame or anything but doesn't seem to be forgotten.
justinyoo
3 months ago
I'm planning on going to TJ later on this month. can't believe it's been 3 months since I last been here. I'll try and remember to note anything that looks different about adelitas and the expansion of the coahilua hotel.
Jascoi
3 months ago
Replying to what others have said about the construction, that was started before Adelitas closed. One was an offsite hotel/apartment building for the bar girls and one was an expansion of their hotel. I believe the offsite hotel was nearly completed and the Adelitas owner is trying to rent those rooms to generate some income. The banner on the building mentioned is just an attempt by the owner to keep Adelitas marketing going so that if they are able to reopen they can recapture some market share.
Razarus09
3 months ago
About a week or two ago they had a news article that there was another legal courthouse setback so I doubt soon
besmitty
3 months ago
Do you think that maybe they are doing the "secret" club opening in the hotel itself like they did during COVID? I heard adelitas was closed down but what is the reason?
HODLtillSheWaddles
3 months ago
They are accused of money laundering, hiring non Mexican girls and underage girls. They have been careful to avoid hiring underage girls. There were many South Americans in the club, so that might be valid. A local friend who has the inside track said that the authorities found lots of unaccounted for cash, so that is probably the main reason/excuse. And most likely, they didn’t pay the right bribes. Another possibility is that it was a way to eliminate competition, but that is just a guess.
PutaTester
3 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion