tuscl

ATL Clubs: Another One Bites The Dust?

WillMunny
Awaiting the edit button since 2011....
Friday, September 29, 2023 9:05 PM
Seeing reliable reports on social media that Fannies (the last of "the F Clubs") is shuttered. No reason given and the initial indications are that it's temporary. Not the best option in metro Atlanta and it's been years since my last stop here, but the Fulton Insustrial clubs seemed least susceptible of any in the city to being shut down. Anyone have any confirmed information they can share?

11 comments

• shadowcat
    9 months ago
    Fannies along with Club Wax and Ace of Clubs have become under the jurisdiction of the City of South Fulton. Wax recently had a raid and brief shut down. I'm told that the dancers there now must wear an outfit similar to what Hooter's girls wear. This is do to gang activity. Could be the city is targeting all clubs within the city.
  • boomer79
    9 months ago
    I’ve been pretty regular going to Fannies for a while and will message a dancer I know about it. I will say business has been awful there for a while. I feel like they raised prices to offset slow business which is kind of a desperate move. It wouldn’t surprise me if this isn’t about money rather than government.
  • EastCoaster
    9 months ago
    ^ "I feel like they raised prices to offset slow business..." What made them think *that* would work? Seems to me that raising prices would do more to contribute to their slow business than offset it. Last year, one mid-tier-at-best club in my neck of the woods raised their cover charge from $20 to $40. They're shuttered now, too.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 months ago
    If a business is losing money, what else can they do but raise prices and hope for a miracle?
  • bang69
    9 months ago
    Shadow cat is rite. My friends daughter dances at fannies. She told me the crack down will force a lot of girls to go some place. The major impact will be $$$$
  • twentyfive
    9 months ago
    My own experience tells me that if a business is losing money, raising prices won’t solve the problem, smarter solutions are increasing advertising or lowering costs to increase sales will usually be much more effective.
  • DroidX
    9 months ago
    I tried to go there on a Sunday afternoon a couple months ago, and they wanted to charge $20 for parking and $20 to get in. I laughed and immediately left.
  • shadowcat
    9 months ago
    The manager at Vivide told me today that Fannies and Ace of clubs got shut down. There were 2 girls from Fannies at Vivide already.
  • motorhead
    9 months ago
    “My friends daughter dances at fannies” That’s either the opening sentence of a letter to Penthouse Forum or the plot line of an R-rated Lifetime movie. 😊
  • boomer79
    9 months ago
    Confirmed. I talked to two dancers. It’s the familiar story for Atlanta. They got annexed into the City of South Fulton who has a no alcohol and nude dancing ordinance they decided to enforce. Girls said they were told there is still hope but it doesn’t sound good. I thought the one advantage of being in the ghetto would be fewer Karen’s and Bible thumpers. I think Fannies elevated the neighborhood but I guess that crap can happen even in the ghetto.
  • boomer79
    9 months ago
    They’re at least temporarily back open pending court resolution. This happened today.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion