tuscl

How do I know when I receive a Message????

dirtyburt
Florida
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 2:57 AM
Hey All,
How do I know when I receive a message. ?????

I thought a number popped up indicating how many messages you had??

I just answered a few messages last week, because it did not know that I had any
“New Messages”

DirtyBurt

14 comments

• Ulrik79
    a year ago
    I get emails from [email protected] to the my email I used to sign up with. Unfortunately, I rarely check that email and have notifications turned off. It would be nice if the chats icon showed you had received a message like it used to before.
  • Evergreen98
    a year ago
    The chat icon flashes when you have a new message.
  • EastCoaster
    a year ago
    If you have a message, the "chats" icon blinks ever-so-slightly. It's almost impossible to see.
  • Longball300
    a year ago
    Concur, it would better if it went BOLD or a little * added in or something; pulsating flash barely noticeable.
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    I missed seeing messages several times since the change.
  • shadowcat
    a year ago
    Yeah. I activated the send me an email notification just to make sure I notice all messages.
  • Evergreen98
    a year ago
    dirtyburt, I just sent you a test message so you can see how the chats icon flashes.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    now I see the flashing! but I have to stare at it.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    My chat icon just constantly flashes, new message or not.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    It used to be very obvious. Now it's not.
  • himalayabound
    a year ago
    Holy moly, thanks for this thread everyone! Because of this I just realized that I had a half dozen DMs from as much as 4 months ago that I had no idea were sitting there! I just responded to all of them with appropriate apologies for my ignorance and delay. Now I know what to look for.
  • drewcareypnw
    a year ago
    The flashing is very subtle, a lot of guys miss it. I think it should be red or have a little exclamation point, not flashing. But the new site is very gen x black and white minimalist so I do like that
  • Evergreen98
    a year ago
    ilbbaicnl, If your chats icon constantly flashes, you probably have an old message that you have not read. The messages will stay bold until they are read. This makes it easy to determine if your incoming or outgoing message has been read.
  • dirtyburt
    a year ago
    I am using an iPad, and I can’t see anything flashing. Maybe on a PC it is different. I also found about 5-6 messages already a few months old, so I guess it’s just not me.
    Guess we need to check more often????
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion