tuscl

VIP ran out early?

ptorrent3
North Carolina
It’s been a while since I was on tuscl so perhaps it has changed, but my recollection was that each approved review was worth 1 month of premium status. I wrote 3 reviews and was upgraded, but then it disappeared after about a month. Is it only good for 1 month since your last review?

Thanks for the help!

9 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    If you wrote 3 reviews of the same club and submitted them simultaneously, then they don't stack up to 90 days.

If it's not that, then contact founder.
  • whodey
    a year ago
    Like CMI said, you wrote 3 reviews of the same club within a few weeks as well as one review of a different club back in June. That means you would've gotten a total of 60 days of vip (30 for each club) from that first review on June 16th so it would've run out on August 15th. I believe you have to wait 30 days before another review for the same club would gain you any credit.
  • ptorrent3
    a year ago
    Ah, ok, thanks for the explanation. Each review was quite different and included detailed notes on a variety of dancers, but if that’s the rule that explains it. I appreciate the help!
  • founder
    a year ago
    Should I do away with that rule?
  • 5footguy
    a year ago
    As a frequent reviewer, there are times I have held off on a review because it would only add redundant information and there would be no VIP extension. But I think it's probably a good rule, because not a lot will change in a month and you may just be inundated with more reviews that don't add a lot, for more VIP time. The way the rule works now is that basically you can keep a free VIP membership forever if you go to one club once per month and review it, and you can extend the membership if you go to and review more than one club per month, which seems very fair.
  • whodey
    a year ago
    I wouldn't do away with the rule entirely, maybe just modify it. Instead of adding an additional 30 days for repeated reviews make it 30 days since the most recent review. That way if someone does 3 reviews of the same club within 15 days like the OP here did they would get 30 days from the last review which would give him 45 days total in this case.

Of course I don't know how much work that would be, especially to get it to work properly if they review a different club in the same period. If it is a lot of work just leave it as is since I'm sure you have other priorities you are working on.
  • ptorrent3
    a year ago
    This is a tough one. I genuinely think my case warranted full months because each review added a ton of new information, which I made sure to do because I was self conscious about it being the same club and wanted to justify them.

I do remember the 30 day rule now from before and, like 5footguy said, I recall writing reviews and then holding off on posting them until a month had passed.

However, this is a big website and rules like this are necessary for sanity. I have run a large site before myself and at that scale you just have to have some policies that will help avoid abuse. So I totally get it.

I suppose another option would be to give the review approval staff a view of any other recent reviews from that person, and an instruction to not approve if there’s no significant new information. Though that potentially increases the burden on that team.
  • trapdoor
    a year ago
    I think bringing back the FAQ would be helpful. I was always under the impression that a club couldn't be reviewed for VIP credit if you last wrote a review 6 months ago. Now, it appears as though you can write a review each month for the same club?

I've also held off on writing reviews since submitting 2 or 3 separate reviews would be redundant and instead submitted a single review covering all of those visits. I'm not sure if that's more or less helpful, but it did make the review extra long.

I think having clear criteria for VIP access for club reviews should be published on the site, in general.
  • bang69
    8 months ago
    I had the same issue a long time ago. So I just went ahead. And got the life time vip.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion