Phoenix 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A shooting outside a Phoenix strip club left one man hurt early Wednesday morning. Just after 3 a.m., officers arrived at Centerfolds Cabaret near 21st and Northern avenues and found a man shot multiple times. The people inside the car were detained and are connected to the shooting.

7 comments

• azdd
    a year ago
    CFs used to be a good club, it’s a shame what it has become. Add it to the dregs of Great Alaskan Bush Co., Jaguars, and everything else west of I-17.
  • mike710
    a year ago
    This is the club where a firefighter customer was killed by a bouncer in the parking lot a few years ago. I used to like this club as well but didn't go back after their long shutdown in the aftermath of that bouncer incident. If I remember correctly, when they opened back up it was without a liquor license.
  • Mate27
    a year ago
    A fellow PL told me a story how a bouncer at this club kicked his ass for not paying a ROB dancer for over counting VIP dances. I didn’t ask him if it was the same bouncer that killed the firefighter, but this is one of the reasons why politicians and law enforcement can make a run at keeping the community safe. It’s the low hanging fruit, to crack down on these businesses because eventually there is always shit to take care of. At this point in my life, I try to leave the club before 3 PM, not AM!
  • azdd
    a year ago
    The firefighter that was killed was on disability at the time. What really killed the club was the manager erasing the security footage that showed the altercation, and then lying about it to investigators. The liquor license was gone soon thereafter, and with the extended closure (all pre-COVID), the best dancers were all gone elsewhere too. They had the best VIP setup in town with those huge leather sofas. You could really get lost in there with your favorite dancer.
  • mark94
    a year ago
    Haven’t been to CFs for a decade. Used to be a fun club in the day. Come to think of it, that’s true for a lot of clubs. There aren’t many left.
  • mike710
    a year ago
    I do remember the VIP room at this place. I went back with this hot spinner redhead that had a little carpeting to match the drapes. I ran into her a year or two later at Sugar 44. It's been a while since I've seen her. Wish she was still around.
  • davephx
    a year ago
    The guy that was killed was very drunk and was being kicked out of the club. That is no excuse but one of the new owners (big guy who owns another club and part of the group with the other family that owns many) met with me for about 30 min when the big room was just a storage area with most chairs piled up. Yes, it was great in the old days. Understand the old big area is now for VIP but haven't been there for many years but might check it out. The nude side was terrible toward the end vs. the old days in the big topless area. I never did the VIP off the main large area but enjoyed dances in area off in back? of large area but wasn't the more expensive VIP if I recall correctly.

Was an interesting story of how the owner almost scared me to death when approached me wanting to talk knowing who I was on the boards and my websites. A dancer had told him I was there. But very nice and tried to tell me openly their side of the story, how the law firm working on liquor license etc.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion