tuscl

More strippers trying to go union

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

5 comments

• Mate27
    a year ago
    The pic shows me they have no choice but to strike. So many talented dancers have moved here from the coast, citing the independent contractor model is one they prefer, so they can keep more of their earnings. Imagine selling a bbbjcim for $200, and the club keeps half?
  • Rod8432
    a year ago
    Since when did Portland become "America's Strip Club Capital?" They obviously haven't been to Hotlanta or SFL... ;)
  • gSteph
    a year ago
    Portland has more clubs - per capita - .
    No comment on quality, just numbers.

Though I think little ol' Springfield Oregon might have topped that a decade or more ago when it had 5, with about 60K population. (Now just has two)
  • shadowcat
    a year ago
    per capita the title goes to City of Industry CA. 2121 population 245. Number of strip clubs 5.
  • drewcareypnw
    a year ago
    I'm all for unions... management are organized, why shouldn't labor get organized if they want to? That doesn't mean that a bunch of hyper competitive independent contractors could actually get together on a damn thing. Imagine them trying to collect dues? I doubt this will last or have much impact. Do used car salesmen have a union? I guess they could, but they probably don't, just not the nature of the workforce.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion