tuscl

Robbing A Strip Club

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Tuesday, January 31, 2023 2:51 AM
I was watching this Jelly Roll music video the other day. A big part of the plot is robbing a strip club. [view link] This got me to thinking, as one of the few businesses that are still cash heavy, why aren't more criminals robbing strip clubs? Customers that might carry concealed weapons in their daily life probably don't carry them into a strip club due to the nature of lap dances or metal detectors at the door. Talk about a soft target. Instead criminals are doing dumb shit like robbing hotels, stores, fast food joints that don't have all that much cash on hand. For example, take this nog who robbed a Burger King a year ago. He ended up killing a 19 year old cashier to get a petty $100. I guess he was too dumb to understand most people pay for their Whoppers with a credit or debit card or Apple Pay. [view link]

18 comments

• TheeOSU
    a year ago
    Lol, you think you might have just given criminals an idea?
  • GoVikings
    a year ago
    Nobody ever robs strip clubs. Why not? Bars, liquor stores, gas stations... you get your head blown off sticking up one of them. Strip clubs on the other hand, you catch with their pants down. They're not expecting to get robbed. Not as expected anyway.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    a year ago
    You'd have to get into the managers office and get him to open the safe. Be on camera the whole time. Get past staff security dancers patrons. The best way would be a closed club.
  • whodey
    a year ago
    Robbing a strip club would be sacrilegious. There is nothing holier than the bond between horny old men and young naked women. Cruminals know that if you rob a strip club you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.
  • sinclair
    a year ago
    GoVikings, good to see you back. I have only been to one strip club ever that had security guys with guns. It was in Atlanta.
  • shailynn
    a year ago
    GoVikings is back?!?!?! Did priesthood not work out for you? Glad to see you back. I could see the biggest problem to sinclairs question - having to wait to pick up your car after you valet it when you'd probably be in a hurry.
  • ilbbaicnl
    a year ago
    A strip club in rural Orange County, North Carolina got robbed about 10 years ago. While it was open, robbed the customers too, killed two of them.
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    Yeah a lot of these guys are packing heat. One club I El Paso, Lamplighter, now closed the guy had shotgun (Not a ghetto city at all, fairly safe) but shit can pop off. In todays world I’m surprised these places don’t get hit more. How many California looting videos have I seen on YouTube only a matter of time before guy start going after these strip clubs, especially if they’re lightly staffed.
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    By guy I meant the door guy.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Pros: 1) It is an easier target. A lot of state concealed carry laws prohibit carrying in an establishment which sells liquor. Also, no one wants the drama of a stripper grinding and finding (or unintentionally discharging) a gun in their waistband. 2) Generally a cash business 3) Attractive scenery if you can handle it without getting distracted Cons: 1) Likely already law enforcement nearby 2) Lots of cameras everywhere 3) People everywhere, too many to cover. Dressing rooms, lap dance rooms, VIP rooms, kitchens, back bars, rest rooms. 4) The place could have dangerous ties. I knew a couple of places that still had mob ties in Chicago back in the 2000s It would have to be a fast smash and grab. Absolutely no less than three guys including the getaway driver. Don't be dumb and try to rob the patrons and girls, just raid the cash registers at the door and the main bar.
  • shadowcat
    a year ago
    There was an inside job in Providence last year. PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Police are investigating after a man robbed a Providence strip club at gunpoint Monday afternoon. Courtesy: Cadillac Lounge Cadillac Lounge manager Ed Imondi was counting money in his office as he prepared to open the strip club when the suspect walked in and pointed a gun at his head. “At first, I thought it was a joke,” he recalled. “He said, ‘This is a robbery.’ I said, ‘What?’ and he said, ‘I’m going to rob the place.'” Imondi said he had one of the club’s two safes open and roughly $3,500 in his hand at the time, which the man took. The man then demanded Imondi open the other safe, which contained $22,000 in $1 bills. “He took all the ones, I could hear him stacking them into the big bag he had,” Imondi recalled. “Obviously, he knew we had a lot of money in there.” “He loaded up the bag and said, ‘That’s it, don’t turn around. I’m leaving,'” he continued. The man then left the club through a back door, hopped a fence and ran across the nearby train tracks, according to Imondi. Imondi said the suspect knew the layout of the building, including which safe had the most money inside. ‘I got to save someone’: Why kids are learning to use naloxone That’s one of the reasons why he and owner Dick Shappy believe it may have been an inside job.
  • Cashman1234
    a year ago
    The story posted by the OP is very sad. It shows the horrible situation that NYC has reached. It makes sense that a strip club might be a reasonable place to rob. Clubs are a cash business, and certain clubs have lots of cash on hand. There are far fewer strip clubs than there are fast food restaurants, liquor stores, convenience stores and bodegas. That might be another reason for there being fewer strip club robberies, as there are significantly fewer to rob?
  • goldmongerATL
    a year ago
    Decades ago Gold Rush and another club in Atlanta were burgled while closed by bodybuilding cops if I recall. They lifted and took the safes themselves.
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    Just a wild guess, but maybe most thieves are strip club patrons and know they'd be easily recognized. I mean, if you hit the club on Friday & blow all your money, rob it on Saturday, then show up again on Sunday with a bunch of money, they'll probably figure you out.
  • goldmongerATL
    a year ago
    Knew a guy in high school. Robbed a bank. Then went across the street and tried buying a Corvette with cash. I don't think he made it off the lot.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    I don't think SCs necessarily make soft-targets - almost all SCs have some security present which most businesses don't have - also; just bc one doesn't see it; doesn't mean SC-staff is not packing - I've read stories of clubs I've been to where staff got into a shootout with some thug-custies and I had never seen the staff open-carrying. Also; I wouldn't be surprised if there is some staff/management in a back-office monitoring-cameras and packing - which reminds me of one time at a SoFlo black-dive where some POS-dancer falsely-accused-me of not paying her and the bouncer came up to me and said the manager wanted to speak with me - he took me into the manager's-office and there were multiple-camera-monitors as well as a 357-revolver sitting on a desk (doesn't mean there weren't more forearms I didn't see) - anyway nothing came of my meeting with the manager after I explained my side.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    One or two guys couldn't pull it off. You'd need a team like Patrick Swayze and his crew in Point Break, the Ex-Presidents.
  • From978
    a year ago
    Everybody seems to be assuming "criminals" and strip clubs are on separate teams. Without being too specific, I'm pretty sure a lot of clubs have access to Tony Soprano's style of law enforcement. I certainly wouldn't rob one.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion