tuscl

In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants,

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Saturday, January 28, 2023 12:14 AM
Title couldn’t say it all. "In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it. ~ Oscar Wilde

7 comments

• Mate27
    a year ago
    OK OP, I will play along with the title of this topic. Ever heard of the saying be careful what you wish for?
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    Wilde; used this quote in a play where a man is seeking to attract a woman he desires, and another man points out to him that the failure to achieve a goal (a stripper’s OTC or love or attention) can lead to unhappiness and ever despair. Yet, attaining an objective can produce an aftermath of uncertainty, lassitude and despair too.
  • Goodclubrep
    a year ago
    @CJ, Wilde only wrote what humanity has known for millenia. We conquer our conquests and need more and bigger conquests. He didn't discover or invent anything. Anyone who doesn't admit this is either ignorant or a fool.
  • Craptips
    a year ago
    I think he also said “God will punish us by answering our prayers.”
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ A Spanish proverb says, and I quote: “cada cabeza es un mundo” It translates as: “every head is a world” Meaning we all, each one of us, have our own perspective... :D
  • Conundrum
    a year ago
    ^^ “God will punish us by answering our prayers.” Reminds of the time a young lady and I were having a private moment and she kept saying, "Oh God, punish me! Punish me hard!" And I proceeded just as she requested. I don't know if it was The answer she looking for, but it was definitely fun trying ;-)
  • CJKent_band
    a year ago
    @Conundrum Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen. Good Times, Good Times. :D
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion