tuscl

Parking in San Ysidro

rugrat
Roaming the USA
Tuesday, December 6, 2022 2:46 AM
The parking cost at the border is getting a little crazy. I paid over $50 to park for about 16 hours last weekend. Where to you guys park in San Ysidro when you stay in Cascades to keep the cost down?

7 comments

• mike710
    2 years ago
    One option would be to park somewhere near a trolley station that has ample free parking and take the trolley to the border. It does stop right at the border. May be a bit of a pain in the ass, especially if you stay longer than the trolley runs, but it is a cheap option.
  • Neobwh
    2 years ago
    I’ve uber’ed both ways from/to downtown San Diego. Not a bad cost and pretty quick.
  • azfriole
    2 years ago
    I park at palm Station, and ride the blue for 3 stops to SY. I've left my car there for 48 hours before without any issues. If I come back after 12 before 430 am I just uber to the station for v$10 to $12 bucks. The blue line is $2.50 .
  • TJ Walker
    2 years ago
    Trolley stations have free parking for 24hrs when you ride the trolley, $1.25 to border station. No trolley service between 1am to 4:30am.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    We recommend taking the train to and from Los Angeles Union Station, to San Diego, and then the trolley. Take an Uber or bus or walk to the closest train station hat goes to San Diego. If you're looking to get to the Happiest Place on Earth relaxed and stress free, a direct train is the convenient and time-efficient choice. And their Free Limousine service is the safest way to go from the border and back. Keep things simple, safe and easy.
    2 years ago
    I drive into TJ and park at my hotel Added benifit is that you can explore a bit in the day time but you must have a global card (or equivalent) and have you car register to it plus you should get Mexican insurance rider for the number of days. Very cheep online.
  • Ballin69
    2 years ago
    I'm not sure what to do on the weekends, but I only paid $10 for 8 hours on a week night.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion