tuscl

PedEast/West

ilbbaicnl
Keep it in my pants when I do OTC. If I were a stripper it would stand for I like big bucks and I can not lie.
Is PedEast closed for entering Mexico as well as returning to the US? If you enter Mexico at PedWest, do you put "Puente International I Puerta De México" as your entry point on the FMM? How do you recognize the safe taxis? Do you negotiate how much before you get in the taxi, or do the taxis have meters?

24 comments

• Jascoi
    2 years ago
    pad west is closed for all intents and purposes.
    use pad east and Mexico calls it ‘el chaparral’ 24 hours both ways.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    I have not been filling out an FMM online now for number of months. I have not had an issue crossing into Mexico and IF they want an FMM you/they will fill it out at the booth at Mexican customs and it’s free for up to seven days. they usually ask where I am going and I just say ‘centro.’ and of course show them my passport card. i usually take the Zona shuttle limo and tip the driver two dollars when I get out. if you want to take a taxi most of them are green and white or orange and white.agree to a price before you get in. will not pay over five dollars total. You can say ‘Cinco dollars hong kong’. And be sure to have five dollars. taxi do NOT give change. It’s a 1 mile drive. and at five dollars you’re paying double the local rate. no meters either.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    scratch the word ‘will’ out. I DO NOT pay over five dollars us. if you use pesos do not pay over 100 peso.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    damn Siri/Alexa. * PED* not pad.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    Why would you want to take a taxi ($5-$10) when you can use the FREE limousine and tip $1-2 dollars?

“TJ is back to “normal” regarding HK, It is SAFE and not a problem if you take the 5 minutes FREE LIMO RIDE to Hong Kong and stay at the CASCADAS HOTEL after you use the PedEast Border crossing.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChxuYZ9jm7I/…
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    Remember; Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen.

:D

Good Times.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Founder better delete this thread.

Don’t need LEO searching for PED on a strip club site 😏
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    So the crossing behind the McDonald's IS open ? The new crossing is closed ?
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    Ped EAST is open.

ped WEST is NOT. as when it will open to regular crossings… ???
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Seeing a lot of pages about TJ saying the safest thing is to take Taxi Libre cabs (orange on white), which have meters. Anyone use these? What happens if you only have US dollars?
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Every taxi takes dollars. You are actually slightly overpaying if you give them 5 bucks. The taxi driver will gladly do your conversion.

I always go to the designated Taxi line. There are guys on the side streets that will motion you over for a ride. I walk right by them to the official taxi pick up spot.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    @CJ isn't the shuttle for people getting rooms at Cascadas? I'm not planning on doing that, I want to check out 2 or 3 other clubs besides HK. I'm curious about the paradas, I always prefer to bypass the parasites, get as much of the $ as possible into the hands of the sex worker herself. But seems like there's more of a mugging/kidnap risk with the paradas.

Are there any restaurants in the ZN where the sex workers hang? Where you can get some straight dope if you can overcome the language barrier?

Does anyone know why the clubs think it's a good idea to have annoying, tip-grubbing meseros? Many years ago, but I've been in strip clubs further south in Mexico that didn't have that annoyance.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Has anyone tried Taxi Tel?
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @ilbbaicnl

The shuttle is NOT only for for people getting rooms at the Hotel Cascadas, it serves the “Zona”, red light district, you don’t have to get a room if you don’t need to.

“ZonaShuttle, a FREE shuttle service that will take you to Hong Kong and back to the US border. Safe, quick and free. Also serving customers of Tropical Bar, Las Chavelas Bar, Hotel Cascadas and Hotel Rizo de Oro.”
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @ilbbaicnl

I will play along and answer your question.

Q: Does anyone know why the clubs think it's a good idea to have annoying, tip-grubbing meseros?

A: YES, it is a way to sell more adult services, they are just like car salesman.

In any case people go to the Happiest Place on Earth (according to Krusty) to have fun.

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=1401

Remember you are visiting a different country with a different culture a different language, but very nice people and really good food, an interesting “experiences” that you should be able and happy to afford.

When In Hong Kong make sure you, the customer, are checking out what is being sold, services, drinks, lap dances, “arriba trips” and
    you want to take your time walking around and checking out the wares and services that the meseros are paid to sell to you.

The meseros are really just doing their jobs. And sometimes your enjoyment of your buying experience is diminished by them doing it.

Meseros will NOT be doing their job if you clearly indicated that you want time to look around and they kept pushing - right?

You need to behave like a gentleman and just acknowledge that you have seen them and you recognize they are there trying to help you and be compensated for their help.

Look at them like real people just like yourself same as you and with eye contact, and a smile, just say

“Thanks. I really appreciate your time. However for now I just want to look around, and I will call you if I need any help”.

(Gracias. Realmente aprecio tu tiempo. Sin embargo, por ahora solo quiero echar un vistazo y te llamaré si necesito ayuda.)

They will see you are a well educated person; you feel in control of the situation and they will respect your wishes.

Problem solved
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    @CJ I've been at strip clubs further south in Mexico, and the wait staff was not annoying the way people describe them as being in ZN. It's not a part of Mexican culture to have annoying wait staff. The problem with annoying marchantes on the sidewalks is pervasive. But Mexicans don't consider that to be some appealing feature of Mexico, rather a symptom of poverty, hence the Adelante Marchante campaign. So no, not a bad guy or a racist because I dislike organized jerkdom, pimpish parasites trying to siphon money from sex workers. A lot of panhandlers in the US think of it as doing a job. Call me old-fashioned, I think a dignified job involves providing something of (net) value, not just getting money. Don't tell anyone in Mexico you think being a parasite is part of their culture, they won't appreciate it.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Oh yeah, I'm also generally not fond of car salespeople.
  • PutaTester
    2 years ago
    Great comments about the Mexican culture. Wanted to push a double like 👍 button.
    (Tried to send this as a PM, but the system wouldn’t allow it for reasons unknown.)
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @ilbbaicnl

I think you should have realistic expectations.

We all hope for for a perfect vacation to the “Happiest Place on Earth”…

The reality is that he odds are against it, nothing in this world is ever “perfect”, or as we want it or imagine it, or dream of it.

Expect and accept the reality of snags, some annoying people, girls 6 and up instead of 7 and up, overpriced drinks and requests for tips and on and on, don’t let them ruin your trip you will be there and is up to you to make the best of the experience.

A positive attitude and positive thinking will let you do everything better and enjoy your experience at the Happiest Place on Earth.

And remember Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen.

:D
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    CJKent, the Ann Landers of seedy third world sex tourism advice.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    ^
    LOL

“Travel isn’t always pretty.

It isn’t always comfortable.

Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart.

But that’s okay.

The journey changes you; it should change you.

It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body.

You take something with you.

Hopefully, you leave something good behind.”

~ Anthony Bourdain
    2 years ago
    In HK and presumably in other Zona bars to waiters PAY to work there then they make a commission on what they sell plus tips so, just like used car salesmen, there are many that are uber aggressive and some who will lie and cheat to make bank.
  • TJ Walker
    2 years ago
    New border/PedWest is reopen now after shutting down in spring 2020. Right now it's limited to US entry only and open 6am-2pm only. This helps a lot during the morning & noon rush hours long line at the main border.
  • OPIllini96
    2 years ago
    Yeah, that definitely helps. Now I can schedule my return flight from San Diego at a more normal time instead of getting a red-eye because of the long lines at PedEast.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion